Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone might have mentioned this before, but has there ever been any mention of a best girlfriend??? To me, that seems odd! Usually girls have a “BFF” that knows them inside and out. A girlfriend would know if she had any other guys that were stalking her or that liked her. A girlfriend would be able to tell LE if Mollie had acted at all strange.

I still think this was a random abduction, but I just feel like it’s so strange that the main people talking about Mollie are the dad and the boyfriend....no best girlfriend who hung out with her???? Was Mollie more of a loner? Or did I miss something?

Although I haven't seen mention of one particular "best friend," Mollie seemed to have a lot of friends and I'm sure LE has thoroughly interviewed all of them, especially the ones she was closest with. You're right, if someone was stalking her she may have confided in someone about it.

I can't shake the fact that Mollie and her BF hadn't spoken that day...they didn't touch base after work...and when she sent him the Instagram, he didn't even respond! I find that odd. Even when he wasn't our of town, when I was that age my boyfriend and I spoke every night before bed. Not accusing anyone, just thinking maybe the relationship wasn't asgood as it is portrayed.

He was working a construction job, he probably didn't have his phone if he was out building a house or something. Also, there are articles that said they were texting throughout the day. The only reason the snap is getting attention is because the family disclosed to the media that it was the last known contact from Mollie. It was also disclosed before LE really got involved - the original pleas for people to contact Mollie's mom said no one heard from her after 10pm. I think if it were up to LE, none of that information would have been released. I'm sure they asked the family to stop discussing last communications with her while they investigate.

It was a snapchat. Very common and majority of the under 30 crowd use this to connect with friends.

Is there any proof she sent this Snapchat to him? Just a thought, but if they hardly spoke throughout the day for whatever reason, serious or not, then stating she messaged him could be a way to smooth that out..

Distraction from what? Perp, pointing gun at victim" You're coming with me!" Victim: I'm sorry, what were you saying? There are dogs in here."
Members of her family have said her dogs are very protective of her. Her boyfriend stated they would have ACTED if Mollie was being threatened. I believe this. Dogs jumping on you, growling, biting, is going to distract and interfere with the perps goal. That's all. I wasn't referring to Mollie being distracted. AND that is all I'm going to say about that. I think we can move on. All your questions about this one small detail are a DISTRACTION.

JMO
I had seen some discussion today regarding the fitbit data and most articles I have read lately say they DO NOT have this info but here is a MSM with direct quote contradicting that. I just happened to run across it while eI was looking for something else. Just a note and question, can any one correct this?

JULY 26
The disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline
Meanwhile, Iowa authorities were analyzing surveillance video from businesses in Brooklyn that are along the route Tibbetts usually jogs. They were also examining data from her FitBit, a GPS-enabled activity tracker, according to Poweshiek County Sheriff Thomas Kriegel.

"We do believe that there's going to be some useful information [from the Fitbit data] but [we are] not willing to share that," Kriegel told ABC News in an interview July 26.

Fitbit Inc., which makes the activity trackers, declined to comment at the time.
JMO

I have a sense of humor, but I guess I am too involved with this particular case. I prefer to stay focused on what is important. I apologize if I responded, without light heartedness. But it has been about four weeks now, and the frustration is being felt by most of us. I worked in LE for over 30 years, so I am sensitive to criticism of their on-going investigation. Maybe I should "lighten up"?

No need to apologize. it's always been my feeling that sometimes it can be hard to look at something objectively and not go down the tinfoil rabbit hole if you are too emotionally involved, but I wasn't offended one way or the other.

Is there any proof she sent this Snapchat to him? Just a thought, but if they hardly spoke throughout the day for whatever reason, serious or not, then stating she messaged him could be a way to smooth that out..

I am pretty sure that the snap had disappeared by then as they are designed to do. So unless LE has a way to track and find out what was sent then the answer to your question is likely no, no proof. I do think it is very important to reiterate here that the boyfriend has been cleared and is in no way under any suspicion here.

I wouldn’t be surprised, especially if they were interviewing someone at the police station. “While we’re talking to you, do you mind if we take a quick look at your car?”
Mmmmffff -- that's a tuff one. Damned if you do & damned if you don't.
Ouch!

Ok. So it’s not a background check as near thorough as for example I have done when I hire a housekeeper
Who said I didn't run a background check. Most background checks just consolidate publicly available information from databases. you are right that some types require specific licenses, others, however, do not.

I am pretty sure that the snap had disappeared by then as they are designed to do. So unless LE has a way to track and find out what was sent then the answer to your question is likely no, no proof. I do think it is very important to reiterate here that the boyfriend has been cleared and is in no way under any suspicion here.

Yes that is true and in no way am I accusing - I’ve read through mountains of threads and we all talk about her last contact being that Snapchat. But there is no way of knowing that is true.. I don’t know why but that just doesn’t sit right.

We don't know what time Mollie sent the sc.
Her bf opened it around 10:00 p.m.
Mollie did indicate to her mom she would be stopping by but didn't. This was not unusual for her.
At 7:30 the next morning the brother texted her to see if she needed a ride home from work that evening.
To me, its seems obvious she had a ride to work in the morning and others knew about it. I don't think she was ever going to pick up the car the night before.

JMO
LE has said they're confident with their timeline. So I think the have enough info to put it together. I think we can quitt worrying about the red shirt. LE never confirmed that. Mollie's mom said she saw the shirt and it's not hers. I've marked that off. With the 5-10 timeline I'm pretty confident we don't have to worry about any thing we've been trying to figure out after that time. Whatever happened to Mollie happened by 10:00 pm.

This is my thoughts..
1 Mollie's brother dropped her off from work around 5:30. He needed to use the car that evening. Mollie would pick it up later in the evening. MOO
2 The first thing she did was let the dogs outside for a few minutes. Fixed their food and let them back in. After they ate she probably let them back out for awhile.
3 She may have fixed a drink and a snack to have while she worked on homework.
4 After doing that she probably changed into her running gear, texted with her mom and snap chatted with DJ and sent him a pic.
5 She let the dogs back in and put them in the basement because she was leaving for her run and to visit her mom and either pick up the car and come back or maybe she was going to spend the night at mom's. Her red shirts were at mom's.
5 She then left for her run. All JMO

I don't think she was back in DJ's house again.
MOO

My thoughts went from your 5 on. I always thought that is what happened but something changed my mind and I can't remember what. Darn!

I don't believe MT was abducted from DJ's house but for in a case as to why would a perp NOT want to leave behind a victim's phone is if it contains messaging between the perp and the victim.
True. But LE can still get telephone numbers without having her physical phone. I don't think they can get texts but maybe I am wrong. No one seems to actually speak on the phone any more.

I like that young man DJ. I think he's broken hearted. Again RT said 'After spending time with Dalton I know why Mollie loved him'. No sorry I don't have a source. Just something I remembered.
We see him silently standing by Mollie's dad during press conferences and I think how lucky they are to have each other right now during all of this. Dad's confidence and experience and Dalton's quiet presence.

As stated in previous posts, from last night, there are folks who don't feel safe at truck stops, as weird stuff can and does happen there. Myself, I love them, but I have always enjoyed going to the circus and the zoo! My apologies to all the hard working truck drivers out there who must use truck stops, as it is not necessarily your profession that I am watching while there. It's the other bit players that one might see passing thru.

Maybe I am missing something, but I do not think someone who would abduct someone would be afraid to stop at a truck stop.

A few people have posted about sex offenders...keep in mind that younger sex offenders (18-25 or so) are often registered for underage sex...i.e, an 18 year old who had sex with a 15 year old, or something like that. Not all of the sex offenders on the registry are people who would abduct and murder a random girl. Actually, a registered sex offender would be incredibly stupid to try it, since that’s the first place the cops are going to look. I think IMHO that most serial killers that abduct people have a clean record or a relatively small record. It makes them almost impossible to find unless they make a mistake.

Dudes is young and already has a rapsheet as long my wavy blonde California surfer hair.
Repeated trouble with the law and petty crimes as a youth are known early symptoms of antisocial personality disorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08