Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I do find it odd that no one thought it was alarming not to hear from Molly at all that evening...I have a feeling if the alarm had been raised sooner, it would have made little difference. By 9pm it was likely too late. :(

I like that young man DJ. I think he's broken hearted. Again RT said 'After spending time with Dalton I know why Mollie loved him'. No sorry I don't have a source. Just something I remembered.
We see him silently standing by Mollie's dad during press conferences and I think how lucky they are to have each other right now during all of this. Dad's confidence and experience and Dalton's quiet presence.

Couldn't have said it better myself!! DJ seems to be really helping RT hold it together and vice versa.

Just gonna say I hate this case. I hate that the pressers remind me of Delphi. I hate that Mollie's still gone. This is nerve wracking and disturbing.

I remember that. Here's a similar quote:

"Jack and his brother said Mollie’s cell phone, Fitbit, ear buds and arm band - which she used while running - are missing from the home. They also said Mollie rarely stayed overnight at their home alone.

Brother of Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend says no sign of struggle at home; she 'would have done something'

The "Fox News" interview with Mollie's dad and DJ, from this morning (I think), helps to understand more on this point too, posted up thread. Though the same was true from previous good coverage. It's just that people keep reading things into it for some unknown reason.

Last edited:
True. But LE can still get telephone numbers without having her physical phone. I don't think they can get texts but maybe I am wrong. No one seems to actually speak on the phone any more.

Text send/receive and phone call time-point records are maintained... but not content.

Without content, time records only establish contact, not specific context.

If you are asking me, I don't know why anybody does anything. What is logical to one may not be logical to another. It makes sense that she may have been on her way to her mothers. It also makes sense that she may have been doing homework later in the evening. Especially since her brother and neighbor claim LE told them that. That was originally what LE supposedly told a reporter. I think it was in their local paper and I wish someone could provide the source. Also the fact that her mom believes her contacts were left behind seems to imply she was home later. There is always a possibility she had a pair that they didn't know about, but if they were sitting in her case in solution and there were no unopened pairs it would appear she wasn't wearing them. She had taken them out and intended to put them back in. If she was going to open a new pair she would have just thrown them in the garbage. Assuming they were disposables. This is what has always been bothering me. If we new for sure, I think it would be very telling,as she wouldn't go anywhere without them in. But we just don't know. In regard to the car, I don't recall that it was definitive that she was expected to pick up her car. I got the impression that there was a possibility her brother would be there with it the following morning. That is why he sent her the text asking if she needed the car. I don't remember any clarification that SHE WAS EXPECTED to pick up the car at her mother's house. That WOULD make a difference, for sure. Can anyone or provide a source that says she was planning on "Picking up the car" as opposed to her brother picking her up for work? It doesn't make sense to me that he would ask her if she " still needed a ride to work"if she was going to pick it up. Wouldnt he have asked her the night before and not last minute before she had to leave for work?
That homework thing puzzles me. Either they can see she logged on or she didn't. Perhaps LE is trying to throw the Perp off and make him think they aren't sure of the timeline when they know exactly what is going on. MOO.

I think that picture is a little more important than they are letting on. Simply because the boyfriend and family are playing it down. Brother said he doesn't care what it said because it is private between the two and boyfriend had a dismissing answer for it too. MOO Possibly LE wants them to not speak about it's significance.

One might expect if the caption were of a "please help" nature or otherwise indicated MT was in distress DJ (and eventually LE) would be quick to act that same evening, not wait until the next day.

Anyone think that maybe the perp didn't care if she was alone? Maybe her BF would have been a victim as well if he was around. Maybe that was the actual plan... Grab her first and then get him at the house after... Never know...

IMO, if she was abducted, the likelihood is extremely high that when the evil creep who took MT is caught, we'll learn he has a history of criminal charges if not convictions, and it will likely be for crimes against women of a violent and/or sexual nature. If I were LE, I'd even be looking at men within 100 miles with a history of public indecency or peeping charges.

I don't know if LE can review juvenile records or if those all get expunged when people reach adulthood, but IMO this creep will also turn out to have a juvenile record.

One thing i can say on a quick look at iowa sex offenders site, within 10 miles of brooklyn are quite a few convicted higher risk offenders, 10 of them. Some right in brooklyn some a few miles out. But they are there, Some of them have been convicted of sex assaults. I am sure LE has contacted all of them on there whereabouts, it something to think about.

In this video Mollie's parents say they theorize that someone came to the house and Mollie left with them voluntarily. I know it's not a popular opinion here. But her parents know Mollie and they probably know more than we do about the circumstances surrounding the case. So if they believe it's a possibility, then I'm certainly not going to rule it out.

‘Just hang on’: Mollie Tibbetts’ parents share theory on her disappearance - Connecticut Post
I actually believe that’s the only plausible theory.

One thing i can say on a quick look at iowa sex offenders site, within 10 miles of brooklyn are quite a few convicted higher risk offenders, 10 of them. Some right in brooklyn some a few miles out. But they are there, Some of them have been convicted of sex assaults. I am sure LE has contacted all of them on there whereabouts, it something to think about.

I would assume that visiting every registered sex offender within a good-sized radius of the area of the last sighting of Mollie would have been one of the very first things LE did.

We don't know what time Mollie sent the sc.
Her bf opened it around 10:00 p.m.
Mollie did indicate to her mom she would be stopping by but didn't. This was not unusual for her.
At 7:30 the next morning the brother texted her to see if she needed a ride home from work that evening.
To me, its seems obvious she had a ride to work in the morning and others knew about it. I don't think she was ever going to pick up the car the night before.
I dont believe she was going to pick up the car the night before either, there is no indication of that. But I do remember her brother texting her in the morning and thought he asked if she still needed a ride TO work. Not if she needed one later on, from work. I wish someone could find that article. It was way back in the beginning and I wouldn't even begin to know how to find it.

IMO I agree something happened to her on the run.
1) The dogs were put in the basement.
2) Her running stuff is missing, and from personal experience, I don't think she would just hang out at home with the armband on for extended time periods.
3) I don't think the house was ever really cordoned off/treated like a crime scene and they were able to stay in the house again.
4) I think she was going to do her run and then tack on some mileage or plan to incorporate the run to Mom's in her mileage. This would also make sense for why she didn't have her ID on her. It was such a short drive back to the house and while running, she may have not had any place to hold her ID.

All just my opinion. I hope the tips they need come in from this website and both the perp and Mollie are found.

This is the first case I have followed this closely and the first case I have been on WS for. I unfortunately don't personally believe MT is still alive. I hope so much I'm wrong. I am so sick for her and her family and it's going to be incredibly awful if/when bad news is shared. (Or if the case just goes on and on with no answer at all). I can't imagine what they are going through :(

I am convinced Mollie’s dad believes what he has to believe...that she is with someone she knows to some extent, therefore he can believe she has a better chance of coming home. (Which is doubtful that would the case imo) Believing a stranger grabbed her on the street, or was waiting outside the house to grab her...is too terrible to contemplate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member