Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss this? Is LE withholding this info or do they simply not know how she was getting to work?
I don’t think it matters. I think it did in the beginning when everything was a mystery but LE seems to focus on the 5:00-10:00 pm timeline now which makes me think that her getting to work in the morning is beside the point.

New here. Going off the idea that some of the highlighted areas on the MT government website map are fitbit/cell phone sync times or "pings", it seems that if MT was taken near the house she was staying, than road 170 heading north would be a quick route out of town and away from public view. Jump on HWY 6 westbound and turn south on V21, past the highlighted area near Big Bear Creek, past the highlighted area of V21 and 430th (which has what looks like an abandoned building/home/schoolhouse - no driveway in from road anymore), and possibly on down to 470th, turn east and go past pig farm. Could pig farm have wifi/mobile hotspot that MT's phone picked up on around 9:45pm when LE asked her mother if she was inside a home at 9:45pm? And the highlighted areas at the truck stop and car wash could be areas LE has camera footage from and possibly saw the same vehicle in both just prior to her being taken?

Maybe her phone and fitbit where never removed from her, so if she is no longer alive, the last sync or connection could be where she's at? Was that why they repeatedly searched WC's? Was that the last sync?

In my mind, the perp would be from somewhere local, maybe north (or northeast, or northwest) of Brooklyn, who drives past the truck stop and then the car wash on his way home each day. The route I have as the scenario above would be along isolated back roads with very few houses, so I think he knew exactly the best roads with the fewest people. If the highlighted areas had some kind of fitbit/cell info specific to there that stood out, then maybe those are areas that are being searched. Did something take place in or near the abandoned building on 430th? There's also a pull off on the road ditch (google maps) just west of WC's house, and what appears to be drainage areas along the west edge and within northern edge of that section. Have those been searched?

If the perp left her somewhere along that route, then he could jump onto HWY 21 by the pig farm and be gone.

I would wonder about local hunters/trappers who might know those back roads, as well as be familiar with the layout of the properties they hunt/trap. Does anyone have hunting rights around the pig farm or neighboring properties? Also delivery/service/propane/etc. people who might be familiar with the back roads? And most likely someone with a pickup vs a car, because of the dirt roads.

Just my 2 cents...

In this video Mollie's parents say they theorize that someone came to the house and Mollie left with them voluntarily. I know it's not a popular opinion here. But her parents know Mollie and they probably know more than we do about the circumstances surrounding the case. So if they believe it's a possibility, then I'm certainly not going to rule it out.

‘Just hang on’: Mollie Tibbetts’ parents share theory on her disappearance - Connecticut Post

I'm not sure what they could 'know' that would lead them to fully believe MT voluntarily left with someone she knew. If there was hard evidence of that, LE would likely have issued a BOLO if necessary or otherwise would have located the person(s).

I think MT's parents beliefs are fueled more by what they (think they might) know of Mollie than they are with any hard evidence. Lack of evidence of a struggle is not definitively indicative of a willingness to leave.

Also, I believe that DR who saw her running is down the street from the car wash, correct? Perhaps they are interested in the car wash specifically because it had cameras and maybe she wasn't on them. So if the neighbor saw her running that way and then...nothing....it could narrow down the area where something happened to her. JMO

One might expect if the caption were of a "please help" nature or otherwise indicated MT was in distress DJ (and eventually LE) would be quick to act that same evening, not wait until the next day.
True, but he couldnt remember what it said. It's probably killing him right now. But I would think if it had been anything alarming he would have noticed immediately. He did say he looked at it so that would lead me to believe it was just a normal message. If we only new the exact time. At one point I thought he said he thought it was sent a few hours before ( he opened it) which would be around the time of her run. Don't remember which article it was in, it was early on.

I dont believe she was going to pick up the car the night before either, there is no indication of that. But I do remember her brother texting her in the morning and thought he asked if she still needed a ride TO work. Not if she needed one later on, from work. I wish someone could find that article. It was way back in the beginning and I wouldn't even begin to know how to find it.
I've seen it reported both ways actually. It makes more sense to me that he was asking about a ride home as he had given her a ride home the evening before. I would imagine he asked her this before he himself went to work that morning.

In regard to the timeline, the DCI website states this:

“On Wednesday, July 18, 2018, Mollie Tibbetts was last seen jogging in Brooklyn, Iowa in the evening hours. There have been no credible sightings of, or communications with, Mollie since that time."

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

Would LE consider Snapchat a “communication”? If so, since we know Mollie sent the Snapchat to her boyfriend sometime that evening/night, can we infer that the Snapchat was sent before her run?

I believe it was stated that MT ran the night before as well (Tuesday). Isn't it more important for LE to concentrate on suspecious people or vehicles on Tuesday night? What if this perp saw MT Tuesday and divised their plan?

Did MT ever communicate to anyone that she felt she was being watched or followed on her runs? Did she avoid a certain area or house?

Does anyone feel there is a significant reason LE has withheld how Mollie intended to ge to work the next morning? Or do you think we are overthinking this one? Just curious

I think that is a fair question to ask, since she did need to get to work the next day. The hospital was 15 miles away.

The new information released regarding the hotspots on the map found here https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/ suggest she was abducted before the could talk to her brother about the car they shared.

That in itself helps establish a timeline she didn’t get in touch with brother, because she couldn’t. I think it’s firmed up she was most likely abducted on her running route.

For the hotspots, I am not sure what to make of them, nor why they are important. The Fitbit/iPhone information makes sense to me. Possibly she ran by some of the spots nearer to town, but the outlying farms, not so sure. Hopefully, someone out there living in the area of the farms is providing information.

Btw, these threads move so fast! Does anyone mind replying with information about the farms?

“On Wednesday, July 18, 2018, Mollie Tibbetts was last seen jogging in Brooklyn, Iowa in the evening hours. There have been no credible sightings of, or communications with, Mollie since that time."

Would LE consider Snapchat a “communication”? If so, since we know Mollie sent the Snapchat to her boyfriend sometime that evening/night, can we infer that the Snapchat was sent before her run?

I think that is the most plausible explanation.

SNAPCHAT: We've Turned Over A Dozen Unopened Snaps To Law Enforcement
"Unlike unopened Snaps, which are stored until viewed or for 30 days if not opened, Snaps that have been added to your Stories are deleted from our servers after 24 hours."
Theoretically Mollie could have sent that Snapchat many hours before her boyfriend opened it.

Thoughts... Im guessing that the perp was local. Out of towners wouldn't know the egress area that seems to be the expected route. Gravel/dirt roads are intimidating to people who have no clue as to where they lead.
So... A couple of possibilities... An older member of the community (30-60) who probably has been able to blend in for years, maybe fighting urges, and he just lost his control when this opportunity came his way. Probably someone known to the family circle, that could have overheard that this person was alone, and then he targeted her.
Next... A couple or a group of people her own age, or close enough to be seen as part of a circle of friends. These people offer to hang out, and then something goes completely wrong. Intentionally or not, and they panic. This (or these) person takes part in the efforts on the ground there, mostly out of wanting to be seen and not suspected, and to know which way local talk is being pointed.
If it's thought A, LE will discover something sooner rather than later. Someone close to that person will notice something, for as much as it looks like this has been done as masterfully as something this sick and depraved could be done, there are always things out of place, or things that give that person away.
Thought B is harder to solve, in my opinion. Whoever is involved, they probably have a codependent set of circumstances, reasons galore to keep quiet. Changes to their personalities will come and go, but could be explained away by the relationship. Also, they would go down together, so there's incentive to remain quiet. The way this possibility could be solved is if, years later, someone's conscience gets too heavy to bear.
Just my thoughts at this point... I'm hoping that I'm wrong, and MT is found safe as soon as possible. I really think LE has a working theory or two, but whatever they have just isn't enough. In my opinion, that's why they did what they did at the PC. Opened it up to the public even more, being very specific, to get a few more crumbs to add to their working theories. Sooner or later, compounded circumstancial evidence will give them enough to start leaning on someone, and then the dam will break.
And, if by chance that person is reading our posts here, I have some words for you... As a father, there is nothing more painful than even the thought of harm coming to your child. The not knowing what has happened to your child is unimaginable. Whatever it is that you may have done, you selfish, cowardly SOB, you continue to inflict pain by this family not knowing where their loved one is. I could go on and on about all of the things that should happen to you, and honestly, I would enjoy seeing you pay for what you have done, but... As a father, I would be willing to overlook my desire for vengeance if it meant that my child could be found. With whatever scraps of decency that you have left, you should allow this family the closure it will need to begin to heal. Just because you have no dignity left, that doesn't mean that MT, or her family, doesn't have the right to theirs.

Or during, although her bf said he thought it was taken in a home.

I kind of thought that the basement was just their area. If they had nice things on the main floor or were renovating or something.
Or she was working on homework and stuff before bed and kept them down there until then.

That could be possible, too...I haven’t looked at what the layout is for the house (and I don’t think it’s relevant for me to know at this point—I don’t think she was taken from the home)...

I can't believe this is up to 27 threads and there is still the same information as was started with, basically. I've been sitting on my hands trying to avoid posting what I think the timeline and information we have been given shows, but this is really not making any difference whether I post it or not. MMW, MOO, and all the usual disclaimers, here is my theory in a nutshell:

Someone or several someones Mollie knows saw her returning on her run to the BF's house, and pulled up next to her in a vehicle. She told them she was going to her Mom's for dinner, and they offered her a ride. He/she/they either were not Mollie fans or too much of a Mollie fan. She may not have picked up on that. Either she said no to the ride and was then forced in the vehicle or hit with it and then taken into it, or she said yes to the ride, and the person or persons involved then did not take her to her mother's house, but instead drove all over in the country, including near the truck stop, and maybe threw some evidence out the window.

MOO, the focus on the car wash and such have more to do with whatever came after whatever it is happened. Maybe, she's in a field and someone needs to rid the car of evidence. Maybe she's in a trunk of a vehicle at this time. Maybe, she is in someone's isolated home at this time.

I do not believe this was a stranger abduction or just a crime of opportunity. I don't believe she has left the state, the county or even the area. I will not speculate whether or not she is alive, because I have no feeling about that one way or another. It's still the biggest unknown of the entire case. And I hope for the best possible outcome we can have at this late date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08