Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand correctly, without the physical phone, LE can get the time and recipient info for texts, but not the content of the texts.
My MacBook receives the same iMessages that my phone does. In fact, they are still there even if I delete from my phone. As long as she was texting another iPhone user, this would be the case.

What I find interesting is this:
"The fourth and fifth locations, a farm more than 3 miles from downtown Brooklyn and another farm more than 6 miles away, can be reached by gravel roads."

Maybe they found gravel at the car wash. Maybe a specific kind? That's all I've got.

I know some posters have said it would be easy to overpower a 120 lb woman, but unless you had a weapon to scare her, I don't think it would be that easy to pick up and put a 120 lb person into a vehicle. The recent jogger cases that I know about -- Karina Vetrano and Vanessa Marcotte -- involved women who were found very close to where they were attacked. Guns apparently were not involved in those cases. Since Mollie has not been found, I'm thinking either a gun was used to control her or she was lured into a vehicle or building under some ruse.

It is hard to believe it is almost a month. I’m really worried about Mollie not being found and evidence being lost allowing the monster to remain free.

Many thanks to all of you for being here everyday waiting for any news

my question is how many, if any snapchats were sent and not yet opened, there could be more we don't know about.
Im not sure exactly how snap chat works, but he still would have been able to access then. Unless of course you are saying there were more and DJ did see them, but was told not to reveal the contents. But I doubt that as well.

I am convinced Mollie’s dad believes what he has to believe...that she is with someone she knows to some extent, therefore he can believe she has a better chance of coming home. (Which is doubtful that would the case imo) Believing a stranger grabbed her on the street, or was waiting outside the house to grab her...is too terrible to contemplate.

Ordinarily I'd completely agree with you. :) I think Mollie's mom could definitely be driven by sentimentality. But after hearing Mr Tibbetts speak so succinctly, he's not relying on emotion. He's an executive with a global architecture firm. He deals with facts. Any reason Mollie is missing would be terrible to contemplate. And he thinks it's possible that Mollie left willingly.

From Oakland to Iowa, Mollie Tibbetts’ family relies on two communities and clings to hope

Last edited:
Since it's the middle of summer and the time she went missing was pretty hot everywhere, I don't think 7-9 is too late for a jog. I believe one neighbor said they saw her stroll by around 8:30 or so and I would assume they meant local time not EST.

8:30 is the latter end of dusk and 9pm is darkness. If community runners are being safety-conscious (on many different levels), that would be a bit late to be out.

JMO.

This case just rips at my heart. I was in Iowa visiting my mom in Grinnell for the month of July. My adult kids live in Waterloo. I drove past that Brooklyn sign that says Brooklyn 8 miles ahead almost every day as I made trips to Waterloo. I still can't remember where I was on July 18th.

So, my theory--for what it's worth which isn't much, lol

Mollie dog sitting, being alone in the house has nothing to do with this case. I believe the perp is 40-50 years old--ok maybe 35-50. I think even those that know him consider him a bit creepy and wouldn't want to leave their kids alone with him. He's married or divorced maybe grown kids or no kids, but he doesn't have young children.

I think he has committed rapes or abductions of women for many years. He's a pro.
Why did he take Mollie? I believe he decided he needed a girl. He's from the general area, within 1-2 hours at the most. He gathered what he needed (tape, rope whatever) and headed out to see what he could find. He probably cruised through a few small towns in the area. Didn't see anything interesting until he was in Brooklyn and glimpsed Mollie. The town was dead so it was the perfect scenario.

I think he followed her through her run waiting for a spot where it was perfect to take her. I'm not sure where that spot was during her run.

My guess is he made his way out to a gravel road outside of town, did what he did and dumped her somewhere within an hour of Brooklyn. Made his way home and is watching all this on the news.

I also believe the reason the FBI is involved is they too believe this is someone who has committed multiple crimes in Iowa that have been unsolved. Mollie's is the 1st with such a strong digital footprint and they are putting all their focus on locating him that way.

It will come down to someone seeing a car and reporting it. The car will be the key.
And why in the world have they not searched Rock Creek State Park?! My mom lives there and the back road through that park is creepy as can be with old dilapidated houses back there and tons of wood and brush.

Maybe I've watched too many crime shows.

I happen to lean toward a younger person who she was familiar with but not necessarily part of her circle of friends. But I can't rule out this scenario either. Besides, with LE having conducted 500 interviews if it was someone she was familiar with LE probably would have talked to the person already. A stranger crime like above would be difficult to solve.

In this video Mollie's parents say they theorize that someone came to the house and Mollie left with them voluntarily. I know it's not a popular opinion here. But her parents know Mollie and they probably know more than we do about the circumstances surrounding the case. So if they believe it's a possibility, then I'm certainly not going to rule it out.

‘Just hang on’: Mollie Tibbetts’ parents share theory on her disappearance - Connecticut Post

I actually believe that’s the only plausible theory.

That's been my theory from early on and I still believe this is what happened.
Though I fully believe she intended to be back at the house that night.

As stated in previous posts, from last night, there are folks who don't feel safe at truck stops, as weird stuff can and does happen there. Myself, I love them, but I have always enjoyed going to the circus and the zoo! My apologies to all the hard working truck drivers out there who must use truck stops, as it is not necessarily your profession that I am watching while there. It's the other bit players that one might see passing thru.

Maybe I am missing something, but I do not think someone who would abduct someone would be afraid to stop at a truck stop.

Wow. Didn't know that. Tricky. But don't they- whoever they are- inspect contents before it goes on the road? That's probably not realistic I guess.

AFA car wash cameras: definitely don't rule those out, lol. They're up high on the sides of the bldg (you saw the picture)? I'd only go w condensation because high Iowa humidity, but not water from the hoses themselves. Even so, there's a number of cameras, so a spot on one doesn't render all footage unrecognizable.
I know they will do checks where the driver has to open the doors and show officers or whoever it is that does the checking what is inside their trailer, their logs, etc. I don't know if it is random or if they do it when they pull the driver over for something else. I think it can be random. I have gotten a call from someone questioning what a driver was supposed to be hauling. I was new at shipping and usually corporate created the BOLs at the time, but this time they hadn't sent me one so I made a generic. I just put the order number and the number of pallets. I don't know how much checking they do as far as weight goes, but I will say that I am a shipping clerk and we've been estimating weights for years on full truckloads. Maybe the drivers are going to the truck stops after their pickups and weighing their loads to get corrected weights, but we've never been called out for giving the wrong weights...which could definitely be off a person's body weight...or even that of a couple walruses. I think we weighed the first truckload, divided by the number of pallets and said each pallet is 500 lbs and went with it. Thing is that the product mix is always a little different. I always tell the driver it is an estimate if he/she asks. Also, I hear some people saying that drivers can be pretty weird, and they truly can, but I don't think more drivers are weird than any other subset of the population. I've met a lot of decent drivers over the years. Some grumpy. Some nice. Some that are in a hurry because they want to do as many pickups and drops as they can before they're forced to sit a time out. Some just in a hurry to get back home, and others that arrive early and don't care if they don't get loaded until the afternoon because all they want to do is get in their cab and take a nap. Point is that truckers are regular people.

I get what you're saying and that'

I get what you're saying and it's good thinking. I've noticed where we are that there are sooooo many white trucks. Almost all companies that have trucks buy them in white. Other people like white trucks because they don't show the dirt as much. White trucks everywhere! We own a business also that requires trucks. All of them are white.

back when someone was looking for a truck with painted windows, I don't know where that post is or who it was, I never did see whatever color truck everyone else was looking at, maybe I was on a different video than everyone else, but I watched video over and over and over looking for the painted windows, all I seen was the white truck. it looks out of place, like it sought out being there, I kept thinking was it driving across a parking lot across street or was that the road and not parking lot, never decided, and the vintage didn't at all look like a company truck to me. I think it was sharronneedles ..spelling.. video of the dad at the gas station.

Also, I believe that DR who saw her running is down the street from the car wash, correct? Perhaps they are interested in the car wash specifically because it had cameras and maybe she wasn't on them. So if the neighbor saw her running that way and then...nothing....it could narrow down the area where something happened to her. JMO

I was thinking along the same lines. Perhaps a particular type or color of vehicle was seen on the surveillance videos from the car wash. Casey's is also further down the street and tapes were taken from there.

Fox News has confirmed that police have taken copies of all surveillance tapes associated with Mollie's disappearance from Casey’s General Store.

Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance a 'total shock,' Iowa residents say

I noticed on the map that Clay St is in between Casey's and the car wash. Clay St turns into V18 rd which leads to the TA Truck Stop. Maybe if a vehicle was seen on the car wash tapes but not on Casey's they figure it turned toward the truck stop. Then today there were DCI agents canvassing homes behind the car wash.

KCCI

case map
Possible Eye Witness Sightings of MT - Google My Maps

What I find interesting is this:
"The fourth and fifth locations, a farm more than 3 miles from downtown Brooklyn and another farm more than 6 miles away, can be reached by gravel roads."

Maybe they found gravel at the car wash. Maybe a specific kind? That's all I've got.

At first, I thought, oh, maybe those are cell tower pings. I keep looking at the map of the 5 areas and the two farms just don't make sense. One is 3 miles, the other 6 miles from downtown, both only accessible by gravel roads. This highly suggests a local perp, for openers. But why two remote areas of farmland, one northeast, and the other southeast of Brooklyn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20