Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned screaming is one of the most important things you can do in self defense class. Also fight tooth and nail to avoid being put in a vehicle even if perp has a weapon. Project air of confidence when out of home environment; kick knees and claw at eyes.
Yes, and that it why it is strange,IF this was an abduction, why no one would have heard a single thing. If she did scream, it would have had to have happened in a secluded area with no houses or businesses around for a scream not to have been heard. Her whole family has said she is a fighter, so I would think even if it happened quickly, at least she would have screamed if this was a stranger. I can hear kids screaming half a mile a way where I live, and you can usually tell a serious scream from that of kids fooling around or playing.

I'm beginning to really focus in on the traffic that may come into Brooklyn from the TA Truckstop. It has the usual "Country Pride" restaurant in it that is certainly pretty good eating on the road.
But there are other places to eat in Brooklyn Iowa. Casey's with the reggae DJ. Seaton's with the wide variety of alcohol.
People are often looking for one thing and "something" (someone) captures their undivided attention.
Not being dramatic. It's like blood in an ocean to a shark. :(
Hoping that Mollie is alive and safe like I did until it was proven wrong for Holly Bobo here in my backyard.
We keep hope alive. We searched everywhere for bunkers, hidden caves, and even looked into geocaching. He was a local who actually knew her tho she never really had a thing to do with him.
Her brother was hounded to the verge by folks saying he didn't act fast enough.....
It all just goes to show that most often the answer does lie close to home.
Perhaps not in this case.
Chi

Hi! New to websleuths. And just a few boards behind but I notice everyone is saying "he" when referring to the perp. May I ask why? Some of the post sound as if they have a profile on the perp but I havent read that anywhere. Can you provide that source?

The reason I am curious... what if "he" is a "she". Maybe I've watched way too much ID channel but..

We know the BF is not a suspect as far as LE is concerned but what if BF had a side dish that wanted to be the main course? I would suppose she would've known that Mollie would be alone. I suppose LE might already have that theory in play and are desperate to fish out anyone that can confirm that line of thinking. I.e. high reward money.

What if is was a female coworker or friend?

Or a combination of both. Mollie had a friend who was in town with BF while Mollie was away at school. Mollie comes back for the summer and it's all too much. Friend and BF secrete lover pulls a Long Island Lolita on Mollie. Women snap all the time.. apparently.

Anyone know if this Avenue has been explored?

If it has been considered they spent five minutes discussing it. Unless someone came to the police and told them that he/she had knowledge of a woman planning to kidnap Mollie there would be no time spent on a theory like yours.

Hello WebSleuths! Like many of you, I am concerned about MT and have found myself on these boards to try to reason what could have happened and perhaps even come up with a plausible scenario that could help lead LE to a perp. Thanks to so many of you for sharing all of these theories and ideas. The concern and prayers do make a difference in these cases, I think.

As a young (20yo) woman I escaped from a serial killer in the West and recently wrote a novel about the experience, using extensive research about his other cases/victims once I found out who the man was (the perp is now on death row in Wyoming if anyone is interested in researching him - Dale Wayne Eaton - in addition, a very similar story to mine can be found here: Robert Ben Rhoades: The Truck Stop Killer). Eaton was an always-prepared opportunist who worked in a general area for dozens of years, growing bolder and more sophisticated with each snatch. He had family, kids, friends even if he was considered a bit odd in his community. He would sometimes hold women for a period of time before disposing of their remains.

After the exhaustive work I did in researching Eaton's victims and similar crimes, I still find myself drawn to cases of young women disappearing in hopes of seeing patterns. The MT case stands out because a) she was not a drifter and she is definitely missed; b) the FBI presence for her case; and c) the gut feeling that the resolution is right in front of LE and the community but somehow but just out of reach.

At present, my (A) theory is MT was snatched by someone who knew her or was familiar with her, even having just seen her jogging before. She likely did not know him. I think she was knocked out after returning to a home - outside either her mother's or her BF's home, and then she was transported to a strange place within the city limits of Brooklyn or very nearby, some underground or secure shed or enclosure where at first the person, who I think is a younger to middle-aged disturbed male, intended to simply assault her. I think he realized he could not let her go and unfortunately continued assaulting her for days or perhaps even weeks until she either become so weak she is barely alive or has tragically perished.

My (B) theory is that the MT disappearance is somehow connected to the Lyric and Elizabeth case from nearby Evansdale (Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins) and this is why the FBI is there in such force as they may have a serial on their hands. This could tie into the (A) theory as well.

The (C) theory is a hit and run with massive injuries and then an attempt to cover this up. In my area, a person was killed on the highway and their body so badly hit (by two vehicles) that not much remained. The local authorities got involved after someone found part of a jaw at the car wash. The case took about a year to solve but they got the perp. The small-town LE, in this case, were very open with the public about the information they had.

I think the idea that there is evidence of a perp vehicle at the Truck Stop, one that was also seen in town could be valid but I'm unsure why LE would not release the make/model if so. The attempted abduction in Miner, Missouri is of interest as well, especially as desperate killers will not stop until they find a victim, but why this perp would choose such a small town with one way in/out would be in question. More likely it seems the perp was at least familiar with the Brooklyn area.

***I have a question as to why on the first page of these threads it notes that MT was last seen in denim jeans and a red t-shirt on 7/19 when official flyers note she was last seen jogging in workout clothes on 7/18? Also, was the person who saw the black SUV in town discredited? This would fit with the Miner, MO vehicle description.

Sorry for the long post. I've read almost every thread here on this case and also on Lyric and Elizabeth. As the mom of a sweet and bright daughter, I feel for the families of these disappeared girls and hope with every tragedy we can teach our kids to not just be wary and vigilant but also SPEAK UP when they notice something that makes them feel uneasy. Unfortunately, it's a predatory universe and sometimes even the best defense is of little use with a deranged individual.

Please forgive any unintentional lack of etiquette! This is my first post in the forums. Thank you.
Welcome and thank you for your personal story! I believe Mollie’s story is just how you explained it.

WOW !!! I just bypassed 2 threads to get to this one..sure are moving fast. Ive been trying to keep up but busy with family. I think LE/FBI are doing everything they can possibly do for this case and are following every tip/lead that comes in.
I listened to DM -(the PI that worked Lucas' case) discuss this case (not sure if this is allowed here as the live video is from his SM page and not sure if I can link it.....if not, mods-please remove)** and found it very interesting on his theory, although he openly admits he has not kept up with everything pertaining to Mollie's case and will be doing more research.
I am thankful to be a part of this WS group and for the mods keeping everything in line as it is crazy out there in SM land and appreciate that it is fact based only here without all the drama.
Praying today is the day that Mollie is found !!!
Two words - train wreck. That guy is out there where the buses don’t run.

As far as I know we are still unclear on the red shirt. There was one mentioned but then not mentioned again. Also they told us to stop mentioning the black SUV. The reason: Because apparently there was a break in that night and the SUV I think was a cop and partner (I believe--someone correct me if I am wrong) out looking for the perp who I think tried to break into a store (or something like that). So the SUV (from what I heard) had nothing to do with Mollie's disappearance. But I am for one STILL clueless about the red shirt. I think we are all trying to still figure out HOW she had a red shirt on (all speculation though) since her jogging clothes were missing (which would mean she was out jogging and would not have had her red work shirt on). I agree with you in your thinking too.
That would be interesting if that SUV was LE circling the neighborhood as a result of the burglary down the road. I would like some confirmation on this, if possible. If it is true, and the perp was scoping out the neighborhood or "watching" Mollies routine as many have speculated, it would seem a perp would not take such a risk. Also in a small town I wouldn't think law enforcement would be in an unmarked vehicle.

Yes, and that it why it is strange,IF this was an abduction, why no one would have heard a single thing. If she did scream, it would have had to have happened in a secluded area with no houses or businesses around for a scream not to have been heard. Her whole family has said she is a fighter, so I would think even if it happened quickly, at least she would have screamed if this was a stranger. I can hear kids screaming half a mile a way where I live, and you can usually tell a serious scream from that of kids fooling around or playing.

You sucker punch the victim quickly while their guard is down, and no one screams. That's allegegly what happened to Hannah Graham

WOW !!! I just bypassed 2 threads to get to this one..sure are moving fast. Ive been trying to keep up but busy with family. I think LE/FBI are doing everything they can possibly do for this case and are following every tip/lead that comes in.
I listened to DM -(the PI that worked Lucas' case) discuss this case (not sure if this is allowed here as the live video is from his SM page and not sure if I can link it.....if not, mods-please remove)** and found it very interesting on his theory, although he openly admits he has not kept up with everything pertaining to Mollie's case and will be doing more research.
I am thankful to be a part of this WS group and for the mods keeping everything in line as it is crazy out there in SM land and appreciate that it is fact based only here without all the drama.
Praying today is the day that Mollie is found !!!
It would be interesting to here his theory, if allowed. With the understanding that it is just a "theory", but since he is a PI, could be useful.

IMOO I believe the person they are looking for lives in Brooklyn, know Mollie or an extended family member spooked by the person who did this. Perhaps he /they are involved in drugs and known as a pretty dangerous . I also believe this could be close to the Holly Bobo case, in that people in town afraid to talk for fear of retribution.

It is safe to say LE holds all the cards on information about Mollie and known connections to any darker side of Brooklyn. Who is to say that Mollie did not cross paths in a confrontational way with one of these people. Perhaps she saw something and they were out to shut her up.

Due to the fact LE believes the rest of the community is not in danger , they probably know this is Personal.
They have received hundreds of tips and came up with a map of the areas of possible importance. They need to identify a vehicle seen at one of these places around the time of
Mollies abduction--thus car wash, gas station. This does not have to be a strange vehicle just one that can place their suspect in the area.
I honestly believe that after receiving as many tips as they have they have one or more persons of interest....and who is to say it was only one person.
This is just my theory as one of many posted. Since I am not privy to anything LE is thinking Lets hope they get that one piece of the puzzle needed to search that vehicle and home of their suspect. --------------or

It is connected to someone trolling the I80 corridor. Mollies disappearance could lead to solving multiple cases. If Mollie is dead , her death is not in vain if it can bring this monster to justice.

So much for my 2 cents! Fell free to punch holes in this line of thinking, that is why we are here Right?

You sucker punch the victim quickly while their guard is down, and no one screams. That's allegegly what happened to Hannah Graham
Wow, hadn't thought of that. Someone also mentioned chloroform. But that's interesting, as it might suggest something like that did happen. Quickly with no sound or signs of struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member