Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be part of the news crew, or who knows. I like your observation skills. You just never know. Perps love to show up at briefings, vigils, searches, funerals. Just like moths to light, where of course they burn...

the white truck might be worth looking again at. it does not look at all like it is part of a news crew...it seems to just kinda creep past, it doesn't stand out exactly and I wouldn't have seen it maybe if I wasn't confused at what everyone else was looking at which now seems obvious that I was on wrong video, but that is what caused me to really be looking and replaying so many times.

I get uncomfortable with the talk about how Mollie must have went willingly because if it was a stranger she "would have put up a fight." If someone is pointing a gun at you, it's a completely reasonable response to go along with them to avoid getting shot. Particularly if you are a very intelligent person but also a small person, you may think you have a better chance to survive if you try to talk your way out of a situation or reason your way out than fight someone with a weapon.

We may disagree about what we would have done, or what the ideal person thinking clearly should do, but it's not unreasonable. It's not a sign of weakness if you don't put up an evidence-leaving fight. Elizabeth Smart was stolen silently from her house yet she had the incredible strength to survive for months. I hate the tendency to paint victims as "good" or "bad" based on what some expert thinks the ideal rational person with full knowledge of the situation "should have" done.

Im not sure exactly how snap chat works, but he still would have been able to access then. Unless of course you are saying there were more and DJ did see them, but was told not to reveal the contents. But I doubt that as well.

I was thinking to other people. maybe not same pic though but same time frame...

8:30 is the latter end of dusk and 9pm is darkness. If community runners are being safety-conscious (on many different levels), that would be a bit late to be out.

JMO.
If she went out at 7:30 or a bit earlier, and planned to run for her usual 45 minutes, she'd be finished by 8:15.

Sometimes perps live and work right among us without being noticed at all.
OT here but Mollie's missing resonates everywhere- My bf has heard me talk about her for weeks now and he is away on work in a small town in Michigan- his coworker called me and related this story to me- my bf saw a trailer truck with Iowa plates pull in to his work place he approached the driver and said " yo where is Mollie Tibbetts?" the driver was genuinely concerned and told Bf "I don't know but I sure wish I did" Then bf lifted an imaginary heavy weight handed it to the driver and said " here take this back to Iowa and be careful it's heavy- it's 200 ton of prayer for Mollie from PA to Michigan headed back to Iowa" - I cried when the coworker told me the story- never thought my bf was that concerned about much besides his job- Mollie has touched so many- Hope her beautiful and strong family and friends get resolution in the best possible scenerio.

But why two remote areas of farmland, one northeast, and the other southeast of Brooklyn?

My thought is if she was taken right by the house she was staying, the perp would not likely want to drive through town with her, so he took 170, which is directly by the house, and head north. If he had a location in mind to take her along V21 to the south, he could have taken HWY 6 west, then turned south on V21, which takes you past the northern location, and kept going south on V21 past the next dot.

Attachments

• Inkedmap1_LI.jpg
    Inkedmap1_LI.jpg
    848 KB · Views: 34
I get uncomfortable with the talk about how Mollie must have went willingly because if it was a stranger she "would have put up a fight." If someone is pointing a gun at you, it's a completely reasonable response to go along with them to avoid getting shot. Particularly if you are a very intelligent person but also a small person, you may think you have a better chance to survive if you try to talk your way out of a situation or reason your way out than fight someone with a weapon.

We may disagree about what we would have done, or what the ideal person thinking clearly should do, but it's not unreasonable. It's not a sign of weakness if you don't put up an evidence-leaving fight. Elizabeth Smart was stolen silently from her house yet she had the incredible strength to survive for months. I hate the tendency to paint victims as "good" or "bad" based on what some expert thinks the ideal rational person with full knowledge of the situation "should have" done.
I don't think anyone is saying one reaction is good or bad, human beings always have different reactions to various situations. Everyone interviewed has said she would have fought if someone grabbed her, and the fact that no one saw anything like that could mean she went if not willingly, quietly. Willingly could also mean she trusted and liked someone who maybe is not a stable person inside. This doesn't mean she is "bad" or blaming the victim, just that she was nice. Either way, anyone who has seen crime tv knows you run, then you hide, and if that fails, you fight. People don't always react exactly in that order. You never get in a vehicle, even if someone has a weapon. Do not go. Hold on to your bike handles if someone tries to get you. Yell fire. Throw a rock through a window. Don't go out alone, etc.etc. But if someone is knocked out the whole point is moot and no one is "bad" for getting knocked out. But the person doing the knocking is. Hindsight is only 20/20 if you live to have hindsight.

Maybe I am missing something, but I do not think someone who would abduct someone would be afraid to stop at a truck stop.

What if MT had scratched his face or neck up? What if his shirt was torn in a way that would draw attention--like a uniform shirt? What if he was on drugs and agitated? Or psychotic? Any of those situations might make him unwilling to show himself in public at a truck stop.

I’m not sure what kind of background check can be run by anyone but LE. MAYBE YOU Can explain.
As a Guardian ad litem (child advocate), I can pull a background check on anyone I want through our state law enforcement division for $25. Just need a name, birthdate, state/s of residence, SS# if I have it (the more info, the better)... And that's not because I'm a GAL--anyone can pull one if you pay for it.

What if MT had scratched his face or neck up? What if his shirt was torn in a way that would draw attention--like a uniform shirt? What if he was on drugs and agitated? Or psychotic? Any of those situations might make him unwilling to show himself in public at a truck stop.

Maybe the truck stop is a location the perp is thought to have been BEFORE he took MT.

My thought is if she was taken right by the house she was staying, the perp would not likely want to drive through town with her, so he took 170, which is directly by the house, and head north. If he had a location in mind to take her along V21 to the south, he could have taken HWY 6 west, then turned south on V21, which takes you past the northern location, and kept going south on V21 past the next dot.
Brilliant! That suggests that she was nearing the end of her run near DJ's house when she was taken. But... then how is the area near the truck stop significant?

Last edited:
I've also been thinking that if the perp was watching her on and off he would know her schedule. He would also know that he could walk into her house and have 45 minutes before she returned. A tired 20 years old woman would be shocked to open their door and get a gun in the face. He could have even had his car in the garage...
well, IF she was taken at the house, my guess is he was waiting on her. she didn't get inside, and that's why no signs of struggle.

Brilliant! That suggests that she was nearing the end of the run near DJ's house when she was taken. But... then how is the area near the truck stop significant?
I'm wondering if film footage from the truck stop shows something suspicious, or maybe the same vehicle later shown in car wash/Casey's film? I think she was taken near the end of her run and brought elsewhere south of town.

<modsnip: snipped quote that was removed>. I keep asking - Why Mollie? I really don’t think it was a random act. This feels planned for many obvious reasons - and an opportunity presented itself when the perp found out a woman was home alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member