Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie Tibbetts' dad believes she is with someone she knows
No Gray Hughes...Direct link to original source Fox News.
Discussion of Mollie starts at 4:30 mark. "She can't drive" around 4:34 mark.

Can you provide direct quotes regarding Mollie driving the car or any car from Mom, Brother, or BF, please? Thanks in advance.

"Tibbets’ car is at her mother’s house, according to her family. She shares the car with her brother, and he texted her Thursday morning to see if she needed a ride to work or to use the car, and she never responded."

Mollie Tibbetts Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"Brother Jake said that on Thursday, July 19, the day Mollie was reported missing to police, he'd texted her in the morning to see if she wanted to borrow a car they shared so she could go to work at Grinnell Regional Medical Center. "

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, brothers, father urge witnesses to 'come forward' in exclusive interviews

Interesting. Totally agree that SM in this case made whatever happened so easy to find and track MT. If we ever learn what happened to MT I really wonder if the perp did use her SM footprint to connect with her or track her?

What is your take on MT Dad theory of person well known to her has her hidden away some place? This could account for the clean lift as you call it and it could have been luck pure and simple on the part of the perp that MT got into a car or went to someone's house and left no trace (that we know of at least!). At this point I'm not sure what or who to believe!? The Dad Theory seems plausible but I wonder what information he has to support the theory or if it was part of a larger campaign of confusion by LE to simply buy more time to remain silent until they found who they were looking for? Reward is up to $400,000 and climbing. Still no MT.
Well, I'm currently running 90%yes to 10%no on the SM stalk. If he didn't know her prior, he sure got lucky. Either way, he got lucky.

An experienced crime writer messaged me that LE rarely tells families how to address the media, that the only instances they do is when there's sensitive info. they prefer the public not know. I'm going with MT Dad really did/does think someone she knows is holding her. I think it's possible, but I *want* to think LE would have cracked that by now. We just don't know what LE has. We're extraordinarily in the dark at the moment. Were she being held, it's almost like the best case scenario at this point, right? Because maybe he'll come to his senses. If so, you could be right, that LE is buying time. Wouldn't that be great if she came home.

ALL good points. Critical thinking!
JMO
bbm

"Something preventable" as in, stay indoors or be watchful to prevent being abducted?

What constitutes "something non-preventable"? That no matter where you are or what you're doing, you will be abducted?

That LE hasn't yet connected or doesn't have the dots to connect with the possibility a SK is at work in that broad area in Iowa doesn't adequately explain LE's nonchalant attitude on this point.

I understand LE doesn't speculate and would not issue public warnings unless they have evidence that dictates they should do so doesn't mean there isn't danger.

LE (we assume) doesn't have evidence that MT left willingly or was abducted by someone she knew as equally as (we assume) they don't have evidence that a SK is at work in Iowa so to which scenario should LE apply greater weight? Err on the side of caution or let lack of evidence dictate their position?

I would suggest facts-to-date (Evansdale abduction/murders and MT likely-abduction) at least hints to a SK working in that broader area.

I would err on the side of caution and notify public to be extra-aware of their surroundings' not necessarily in Brooklyn but within 100-mile radius of the broader Evansdale-Brooklyn area.

Thanks for the response!
Growing up in a small town is next to being in heaven~ My parents bought a farm in Wisconsin when I was 16, small town, and I hated it! Now, I'm in the sunny south in a beautiful city by the seashore yet still, long to return to those old country roads with endless hay and corn fields. oh perspective and age

However, it is very difficult to imagine that all this LE/FBI hoopla and theatrics is for a lone kidnapping criminal who has whisked miss Mollie away. I have to disagree IMO that it is rare for the federal presence to be involved in a rural crime of this magnitude. Local LE did originally call in some DCI and federal support and IMO what they uncovered sparked the need for additional FBI personal....I was trying to find it and I know I have it linked somewhere in my posts but it was for example Mollie's mother saying (early like july 24th or 25th) they had 1 FBI already there in Brooklyn for support and planned on having a few more come in, but to her surprisese 15 showed up! or something to that effect. IMO IMO (but I love that it is required to have links to facts here at WS because it keeps it sane in here, lol.) I do not have links at this time so it is JMO :cool::)
Mollie come home!
I9: Former FBI agent discusses search for Mollie Tibbetts
This is an interview with former FBI agent Brad Garrett. This was conducted over three weeks ago, around the time the FBI was brought in. He talks about how common it is for the FBI to be involved in cases like this, especially in rural areas, where money, manpower, and expertise, is lacking.

If I was to estimate there are approximately 23,000 posts on this particular topic. It would take me too long to read each and every one. So maybe... we can try to be a little more kind to us folks who post “Fitbit usage info”, or information in general that may have already been discussed. We aren’t doing it on purpose to be the butt of the joke. We genuinely care just like everyone else on here. The other evening I posted something and was mocked by a few others on here because it was repeat information. It was actually very insulting. Just some food for thought. Not sure how making a fellow member feel bad contributes to bringing Mollie home?!

Last edited:
JMO,it does not matter what Mollie’s arrangements about getting to work were as I think Le knows and it hasn’t produced a suspect. The only way it could matter is if she did indeed spend the night in the house and was abducted by that person giving her the ride. And that seems not to be the case.

bbm

"Something preventable" as in, stay indoors or be watchful to prevent being abducted?

What constitutes "something non-preventable"? That no matter where you are or what you're doing, you will be abducted?

That LE hasn't yet connected or doesn't have the dots to connect with the possibility a SK is at work in that broad area in Iowa doesn't adequately explain LE's nonchalant attitude on this point.

I understand LE doesn't speculate and would not issue public warnings unless they have evidence that dictates they should do so doesn't mean there isn't danger.

LE (we assume) doesn't have evidence that MT left willingly or was abducted by someone she knew as equally as (we assume) they don't have evidence that a SK is at work in Iowa so to which scenario should LE apply greater weight? Err on the side of caution or let lack of evidence dictate their position?

I would suggest facts-to-date (Evansdale abduction/murders and MT likely-abduction) at least hints to a SK working in that broader area.

I would err on the side of caution and notify public to be extra-aware of their surroundings' not necessarily in Brooklyn but within 100-mile radius of the broader Evansdale-Brooklyn area.

Ok, if you think the police is being "nonchalant" by having 40 LE agents investigate a crime that's on MSM every night, what more would you have them do? If they don't have specific evidence to warn people about what to avoid, what do you warn people? In the last PC they gave a list of specific characteristics of what to look out for. I don't think there's anyone in the area not being extra-aware of their surroundings.

What, precisely, are they not doing that you would do?

If you look at past serial killing cases, LE will warn people when there is an established pattern and an imminent danger of another attack. By "preventable" I mean when there's a tip or evidence or an intercepted communication that someone is planning to blow up an identified truck stop. Even if you're not sure if it's true, LE might descend on the truck stop to investigate and clear it out because if they have advanced notice, they have a chance to prevent it.

Son of Sam killed 6 people and wounded 9 more in one year in NYC. There's a defined area with a killer with a defined MO that you can warn people about.

Even if you assume Delphi, Evansdale, and Mollie are all the same person - what are you going to tell residents of the midwest? Everyone in the midwest keep your eye out for a serial killer who will kill one or two children or adults once every few years? There's nothing to go on. There's nothing to warn about. That's what I meant.

And most importantly, if LE has nothing, they are not going to warn people about an unspecified danger because then they basically admit that they have nothing.

JMO,it does not matter what Mollie’s arrangements about getting to work were as I think Le knows and it hasn’t produced a suspect. The only way it could matter is if she did indeed spend the night in the house and was abducted by that person giving her the ride. And that seems not to be the case.
omg! Thank you!

If I was to estimate there are approximately 23,000 posts on this particular topic. It would take me too long to read each and every one. So maybe... we can try to be a little more kind to us folks who post “Fitbit usage info”, or information in general that may have already been discussed. We aren’t doing it on purpose to be the butt of the joke. We genuinely care just like everyone else on here. The other evening I posted something and was mocked by a few others on here because it was repeat information. It was actually very insulting. Just some food for the thought. Not sure how making a fellow member feel bad contributes to bringing Mollie home?!

Ok, if you think the police is being "nonchalant" by having 40 LE agents investigate a crime that's on MSM every night, what more would you have them do? If they don't have specific evidence to warn people about what to avoid, what do you warn people? In the last PC they gave a list of specific characteristics of what to look out for. I don't think there's anyone in the area not being extra-aware of their surroundings.

What, precisely, are they not doing that you would do?

If you look at past serial killing cases, LE will warn people when there is an established pattern and an imminent danger of another attack. By "preventable" I mean when there's a tip or evidence or an intercepted communication that someone is planning to blow up an identified truck stop. Even if you're not sure if it's true, LE might descend on the truck stop to investigate and clear it out because if they have advanced notice, they have a chance to prevent it.

Son of Sam killed 6 people and wounded 9 more in one year in NYC. There's a defined area with a killer with a defined MO that you can warn people about.

Even if you assume Delphi, Evansdale, and Mollie are all the same person - what are you going to tell residents of the midwest? Everyone in the midwest keep your eye out for a serial killer who will kill one or two children or adults once every few years? There's nothing to go on. There's nothing to warn about. That's what I meant.

And most importantly, if LE has nothing, they are not going to warn people about an unspecified danger because then they basically admit that they have nothing.
Thank you for this, your posts are so insightful and informative!!!!

"Tibbets’ car is at her mother’s house, according to her family. She shares the car with her brother, and he texted her Thursday morning to see if she needed a ride to work or to use the car, and she never responded."

Mollie Tibbetts Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"Brother Jake said that on Thursday, July 19, the day Mollie was reported missing to police, he'd texted her in the morning to see if she wanted to borrow a car they shared so she could go to work at Grinnell Regional Medical Center. "

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, brothers, father urge witnesses to 'come forward' in exclusive interviews

I wonder if typically it would be DJ (when MT stayed at his house) who would drive MT to work but since DJ was out of two on a job and MT was tasked with dog-sitting that MT's brother texted MT to inquire if she needed a ride or needed to use the vehicle to get to work. That scenario makes sense.

I also am wondering if it was typical for MT not to respond to messages for hours at a time or did she typically respond within minutes? I guess that would depend on whether or not MT was engaged in activity, just as would be the case with anyone frequently engages in messaging; if you're busy at the moment you wait to respond at an available opportunity.

If I was to estimate there are approximately 23,000 posts on this particular topic. It would take me too long to read each and every one. So maybe... we can try to be a little more kind to us folks who post “Fitbit usage info”, or information in general that may have already been discussed. We aren’t doing it on purpose to be the butt of the joke. We genuinely care just like everyone else on here. The other evening I posted something and was mocked by a few others on here because it was repeat information. It was actually very insulting. Just some food for the thought. Not sure how making a fellow member feel bad contributes to bringing Mollie home?!

I apologize for whatever was said that made you feel unwelcome. This board in general tries to make people feel welcome and encourage new participants. Some of the slow threads can start to feel cliquey but there are plenty of threads who desperately need new eyes so I hope you stick around for Mollie and all the others who need help too.

As a brand new member, I am very disappointed to read all the insulting and juvenile responses. Laughing AT what others write is a form of online Bullying. I also do not find it funny whatsoever to be making jokes about this case. Go read a book, watch t.v. or call a friend....this isn't the place.
Honestly, if it keeps up, I'm going to dis-associate myself from Websleuths. This isn't what I thought it was about.

As it has been said by many, keeping this in the news cycle is so important. It has dropped out of the news cycle. The FBI needs to drop any new development, etc pretty darn soon, imo.

As a brand new member, I am very disappointed to read all the insulting and juvenile responses. Laughing AT what others write is a form of online Bullying. I also do not find it funny whatsoever to be making jokes about this case. Go read a book, watch t.v. or call a friend....this isn't the place.
Honestly, if it keeps up, I'm going to dis-associate myself from Websleuths. This isn't what I thought it was about.
That was a well written opinion.....Scroll and roll, scroll and roll...........

With respect, the jokes in the past several posts have nothing to do with the case, but rather make light of some of the rabbit holes we have fallen down. Everyone here has contributed their thoughts, experiences, and opinions which in turn, help each of us to shape our own. We are all taking this case seriously, which is why we have been on here daily, for the better part of a month. With nothing new in the case, things tend to get redundant, and we sometimes find these threads going in circles. A few posts, mocking ourselves, isn’t harmful, nor is it meant to be in any way, disrespectful to Mollie.

I’ve typically never seen this behaviour on here before. I imagine frustration sets in for everyone; but we are stronger as a team! Let’s try to bring this beautiful young lady home where she belongs!

As it has been said by many, keeping this in the news cycle is so important. It has dropped out of the news cycle. The FBI needs to drop any new development, etc pretty darn soon, imo.
I don’t think it’s slipped a great deal yet, which is great considering a month has passed. That Mike Pence meeting and Tweet, certainly made the news. You’re right though, a day will come where this case will slip from the public’s attention, especially if there isn’t any public forward movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15