Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But rumor and objective conjecture also play high in such circles; it makes it difficult at best to ascertain fact from speculation from outright fiction. Even 'peer corroboration' becomes useless, although those sources shouldn't be dismissed outright as that information flow might eventually lead LE to where they need to be to get to the truth, whereas, no information would lead them to nowhere.

The rumor, etc stuff comes with any age group- my lord look at all the theories and fiction on FB and even here :) . Better than what we have now- which is no Mollie, and as you said- no information. Local LE known to the kids without accusation and absolutes tend to get more responses. Immediate notification via Snap. insta, twitter etc works really well for our local LE when someone goes missing. They also will go straight to the groups in the lots/ shopping/eating- and ask them if they have seen Mary Sue, etc ...

Last edited:
I forget what he was asked, but if it was "what do you think happened to her?" that answer, which was given a few days after she went missing, didn't seem unreasonable. A lot of people here thought at the time that she was being held. I'm pretty sure some people still think that, and nobody has any inside knowledge about the case.

I take it like her father saying that he thought it was someone she knew - he doesn't know, he's guessing.
Many thanks!! Now I can get that off my brain- you cleared it up for me- So I can say that is the only thing that I won't question anymore- every other thought/theory I have changes daily if not sooner.

Also, you can ignore someone by clicking their name and choosing "ignore." They don't know, but their posts no longer show up for you. It can be a way to give someone a "time out" if you don't like their style or you aren't getting along.
And best of all you don't even see their posts *to you*. Most excellent feature.

I think we need to be really careful when parsing quotes made by LE and the family or even witnesses. For some reason, there seems to be a lot of misquotes by reporters which change the implication of the data presented. Where at all possible, we should refer to any existing video footage and give that higher preference over written material by reporters who sometimes mishear or misinterpret.

For example, there's a big difference between "her world's a mess and she can't drive to save her life." and "her room's a mess and she can't drive... and, so..." There's a difference between a witness saying he saw Mollie at around 8pm and the written article saying 9pm. There's a difference between Jake saying he texted Mollie to ask if she still needed the car vs needed a ride to work vs needed a ride home.

Quite frankly I am appalled at how badly various media outlets are contradicting each other in terms of major and minor details. Especially since we already have a lack of information that LE is willing to even confirm or deny.

Let's try to refer to video sources first, when available. Quoting written text that accompanies such segments is proving to be a minefield in of itself with regard to "the facts".
Agreed. It’s been sorta eye-opening to see what they get wrong and how often. But I’m mostly a newbie.

Very good reasoning. There was a case a while back where a teen was abducted and then released. She was afraid to put a sketch of the man out in the public. She was afraid of him. However, the authorities convinced her and he was found. Point being, they told her others were at risk! They NEEDED that sketch drawing. We don't see "constant public warnings" with MT.

That's a good example of when a specific warning could help. The big difference in that case is they had a sketch to show the public. They could say: if you see this guy, don't approach, call LE, he's dangerous. LEs across the country will release surveillance footage or photos of wanted people to say they are wanted and both warn the public and hope for an investigative lead that leads to arrest.

In Delphi they released the image, sketch, and voice of Bridge Guy. I have to think if they had something similar here they would release it too.

LE says the public "is in no danger". Why is there panic in Brooklyn? I am asking this slightly "tongue in cheek" but do wonder what is leading the town to panic?
Well, if I lived there and with a family and a suspicion of a huge crime was committed we would all be sleeping in the same floor at night to protect one another.

bbm

Very good reasoning. There was a case a while back where a teen was abducted and then released. She was afraid to put a sketch of the man out in the public. She was afraid of him. However, the authorities convinced her and he was found. Point being, they told her others were at risk! They NEEDED that sketch drawing. We don't see "constant public warnings" with MT.

... at least, not until it becomes necessary.

I have been working on self defense with my daughter, but she is also taught awareness of your surroundings and situation is most important. If you find yourself attacked do ANYTHING you can to get away. Soil yourself, make yourself vomit, scream, and be willing to get hurt to not get taken... I would rather fall where attacked than my family never know what happened. At 6 years old she knows that she can refuse to go with anyone and question everything and we will never be mad at her. Teach your girls to be strong women.
Without a doubt. Strong in every way. You MUST stand up for yourself. Thank god my mother taught me that.

Does that mean that the suspect may have got lucky, and missed being caught on the few cameras in town, or that he might be a local who purposely avoided those in town cameras ?
There's really no way of knowing if the suspect was caught on camera or not until they know who the suspect is. Unless there are a few cameras that caught Mollie on them and the same vehicle went by shortly after she did each time, I'm afraid the best they could hope for is seeing someone on camera who was supposedly out of town that day. I think they would know by now if that were the case, So I'm afraid the cameras may not be a lot of help even if they were working. MOO

Hopefully it is still around in important areas, but it is gone from any station around here. *** meanwhile, google admits tracking even when Location feature is off- I hope LE working this know that:

APNewsBreak: Google clarifies location-tracking policy
This is true what google does. I don't want my phone to pick up any ole wifi (I do banking on my phone), and I don't want google tracking all I do, so I block it. I guess in an abduction it would be good to have. But, I tend to be guarded and private.

sbbm

LE knows MT spirited away in some fashion, either by her own will or by force. By now, after LE got to 'know' MT from family, friends and habits they likely should be leaning toward a by-force abduction. LE has even suggested they believe "foul play" may be involved. By that point you emphasize that people should be extra-aware of their surroundings. LE should present with at least some concern in that respect. What occurred in the latest presser was a nonchalant response to a serious issue; there was no erring on the side of caution.

By not warning people LE 'basically admits' they have nothing unless we assume they believe MT left willingly and is staying away willingly... I doubt that is the case.
I don't know if I would say they have nothing. My own opinion is that MT was a sole target. Since that is the case the community is not threatened. MOO

bbm

I don't know if I would say they have nothing. My own opinion is that MT was a sole target. Since that is the case the community is not threatened. MOO

Is there evidence that indicates "Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts" was the explicit and only target? Purpose?

Of course, there also is (we assume) no evidence that indicates "Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts" was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time, caught up in a crime of opportunity while innocently jogging the streets of Brooklyn, Iowa.

I believe MT was a target, but by a someone who is unknown to her, who's been through Brooklyn on a few occasions observing for opportunities and noted MT's jogging habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15