Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

Then maybe someone used ether instead of chloroform, it's readily available and actually works quickly... There 1,000 random theories that could be proposed, but someone smart enough not to get caught after a month of turning a small town upside down clearly wasn't sloppy and didn't "poo" where he eats... He's not local.. If she's there it would be that she's buried in the soft soil in the middle of a corn field, maybe deeper than the ground is tilled and she will never be found.
I'm wondering if a perp would have time to perform such an action. He'd have to locate a field (could have been accomplished in days previous), park his vehicle, extract his victim from the vehicle and transport the victim to somewhere in the field (a difficult trek in a full-stalk corn field). Then he'd have to return to his vehicle to retrieve digging tools, etc. (or vice-versa).

Corn Planting FAQs | Integrated Crop Management
Corn can emerge from fairly deep planting depths depending on soil texture. For example, if necessary to reach adequate moisture, plant corn as deep as 3 to 3.5 inches on clay soils, 4 to 4.5 inches on loam soils, and 5 to 6 inches on sandy soils. Remember though, if soil moisture is adequate at shallower planting depths, there is no reason to plant that deep.
Considering the dimensions of a body plus the (assume corn field) tillage depth requirements noted above, a perp needn't dig unusually deep to achieve what you suggest but what creates potential doubt is the time factor... would a perp risk his vehicle being seen at a location at which an unfamiliar vehicle shouldn't?

I expect MT might have been placed in an active field but not necessarily buried; maybe obscured with stalk debris.

Last edited:
However, there was a case I followed where a woman left a bar to walk to her apartment. She just disappeared. Boyfriend thought she left him cause of a fight they had earlier in the day. Some shop had a video camera, kinda grainy. It showed her walking past. It showed a car slow down and back up. They caught them. She unfortunatly was deceased. But they caught them.
I remember that one.

If called over, perhaps.

Not knowing MT in any reliable sense but applying current world occurrences and her age, I would disagree that MT would be so willing. I can not fathom a 20-something placing herself in such an explicitly compromising situation.

One could argue that MT did such a thing (placed herself in compromising situations) simply by jogging the streets during late-afternoon / evening and that is a concern, but jogging in open spaces allows for maneuverability and avoidance tactics, whereas, approaching / entering into a structure, perhaps an unknown structure, limits those freedoms.

<modsnip>
I don't know what Iowa City looks like, but SharonNeedles videos just looks like a small sleepy town. Honestly if MT hadn't just vanished out of thin air, it would look like the dozens of other small towns I've driven through on road trips.

I don't know what Iowa City looks like, but SharonNeedles videos just looks like a small sleepy town. Honestly if MT hadn't just vanished out of thin air, it would look like the dozens of other small towns I've driven through on road trips.
Okay.

well iowa has been hit with meth problem forever ago, it was this farm area that first really hit, and has forever been the center of it in a per capita basis

well iowa has been hit with meth problem forever ago, it was this farm area that first really hit, and has forever been the center of it in a per capita basis

Maybe that's it, a lot of small-town Oregon was meth central for a long time (probably still is) and I got used to it.

It occurred to me a few days ago, that whoever disappeared MT could not have anticipated in a thousand years, just how much media attention was going to be on her case. It really is mind-boggling how her specific case has grabbed the attention of SO many people. Whoever has her, must be absolutely petrified they'll be caught soon.

If I was to estimate there are approximately 23,000 posts on this particular topic. It would take me too long to read each and every one. So maybe... we can try to be a little more kind to us folks who post “Fitbit usage info”, or information in general that may have already been discussed. We aren’t doing it on purpose to be the butt of the joke. We genuinely care just like everyone else on here. The other evening I posted something and was mocked by a few others on here because it was repeat information. It was actually very insulting. Just some food for thought. Not sure how making a fellow member feel bad contributes to bringing Mollie home?!

Wecome to Websleuths, CANADIANCRIMESLEUTH!!
We're glad you're here!

It occurred to me a few days ago, that whoever disappeared MT could not have anticipated in a thousand years, just how much media attention was going to be on her case. It really is mind-boggling how her specific case has grabbed the attention of SO many people. Whoever has her, must be absolutely petrified they'll be caught soon.

I doubt it. In fact, I believe they are rather enjoying it. That's part of the "fun", isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliWicked77