Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be that the Electric Co has an employee that deliberately shut cameras off so he could get to Molly without people seeing? I want to know more of why cameras weren’t working. Have we been told why they weren’t?
I heard may have been hit by lightning, but not sure when and how long they had been out.

I doubt it. In fact, I believe they are rather enjoying it. That's part of the "fun", isn't it?
I think I'm missing something (likely, since I have not been able to read every single post here). I'm just assuming whoever did this didn't have a lot of experience doing such a thing. I'm also assuming most here have a particular individual in mind, even though LE hasn't named any POI or suspects?

Could it be that the Electric Co has an employee that deliberately shut cameras off so he could get to Molly without people seeing? I want to know more of why cameras weren’t working. Have we been told why they weren’t?

What we've been 'told' and what might be 'fact' might not coincide. Since LE is holding nearly everything so close to the vest we could assume LE also does not want to reveal there is video, further muddying the waters of what LE has and doesn't have regarding evidence of any nature.

If an employee (assumed acted alone) did such a thing then only that employee would know if it's factual... making them wonder what else LE has that they're not revealing. A tactic.

I think I'm missing something (likely, since I have not been able to read every single post here). I'm just assuming whoever did this didn't have a lot of experience doing such a thing. I'm also assuming most here have a particular individual in mind, even though LE hasn't named any POI or suspects?

Sometimes assumptions aren't a good thing.

Most of what is thought is speculation. I wouldn't say people have any one person in mind.

I wonder if typically it would be DJ (when MT stayed at his house) who would drive MT to work but since DJ was out of two on a job and MT was tasked with dog-sitting that MT's brother texted MT to inquire if she needed a ride or needed to use the vehicle to get to work. That scenario makes sense.

I also am wondering if it was typical for MT not to respond to messages for hours at a time or did she typically respond within minutes? I guess that would depend on whether or not MT was engaged in activity, just as would be the case with anyone frequently engages in messaging; if you're busy at the moment you wait to respond at an available opportunity.
I read somewhere - and, gosh, I can't remember where - that she used BF's vehicle on occasion to go to work or maybe he would take her. So my point, I guess, is that she didn't have routine to get to work, which would explain why he might not have found it unusual if he didn't get a response. I think it's fairly typical for people to read a text, be too busy to respond at that moment, and then forget to respond.

And other family members have also stated that it wasn't unusual for her to discuss dinner with her mom and then not show up.

So, maybe Mollie - this "creature of habit" as she has been referred to - wasn't a creature of habit after all. Maybe she just didn't let anything get in the way of her jogging routine, which unfortunately is the one thing someone had noticed.

The scenario you are describing is the exact sort of scenario I am envisaging. Im not saying you are wrong but why would he have to be outwardly creepy? Many seemingly normal socially competent persons harbour dark fantasies (Paedophilia, rape, murder etc)

Do we have Mollie’s summer schedule yet? If she was online doing homework, maybe there was a chat option in the university portal? A teacher or classmate could have been the last ones to speak to her.

Do you mean the business across the street? Someone there could have used the cameras to stalk her and even watch remotely and then disable the cameras to abduct her. I would like to think that LE asked those employees to take lie detectors too. But, I would not be surprised to find out many years later that they did not pursue it with any vigor. Once LE goes in one direction they have a very hard time redirecting their investigation. Particularly if they suspect someone. I would not be surprised if they think it is WC and therefore not really digging deeper into others. IMHOO

As a brand new member, I am very disappointed to read all the insulting and juvenile responses. Laughing AT what others write is a form of online Bullying. I also do not find it funny whatsoever to be making jokes about this case. Go read a book, watch t.v. or call a friend....this isn't the place.
Honestly, if it keeps up, I'm going to dis-associate myself from Websleuths. This isn't what I thought it was about.

It isn't what this forum is about. I'm not making excuses for it but we're almost 30 threads into this case and we don't know any more than we did the day she disappeared. People are frustrated and sometimes humor helps with frustration.

Please know that we all want Mollie to be found, which is why we're all still here 29 threads later with nothing to go on, because abandoning Mollie is not an option.

With that, I'll check in again later tonight. God willing, today will be the day Mollie is found.

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/
If you are reading here and you think you saw or heard (even second or third-hand) anything concerning Mollie's case, please do the right thing.
Fear is the most common reason witnesses don't come forward.
I understand.
And obviously the huge reward isn't motivating anyone to come forward.
It just leads me to believe that no one disappears. Nothing vanishes really. It can change "states", like water can turn to ice and also to steam.
True we never really "found" Natalee Holloway and many others. That's a fact.
But luck plays a role in these things. And eventually luck runs out in my opinion.
Let's get the justice for Mollie, alive or not, that Lucas Hernandez never got on this earth.
[if you are new here and not familiar with his case earlier this year, from which many of us are still reeling, he was a sweet little 5 yr old boy from Wichita. He broke our hearts. It took many of us a while to take up a new "case". When you are getting disheartened with no news on this case, take a look back at his threads. Just saying and welcome all new members.]
Chi

Do you mean the business across the street? Someone there could have used the cameras to stalk her and even watch remotely and then disable the cameras to abduct her. I would like to think that LE asked those employees to take lie detectors too. But, I would not be surprised to find out many years later that they did not pursue it with any vigor. Once LE goes in one direction they have a very hard time redirecting their investigation. Particularly if they suspect someone. I would not be surprised if they think it is WC and therefore not really digging deeper into others. IMHOO

Good point about LE getting tunnel vision. It has happened in many cases.

That bothers me, as well. T.I.P. Electric is a member of Touchstone Energy, as is Gundry Electric, which covers Evansdale area. Touchstone is a giant company, so this coincidence is probably nothing of significance, but in both cases, the towns and areas in question are in those coops' perspective coverage areas.

That bothers me, as well. T.I.P. Electric is a member of Touchstone Energy, and so is Gundry Electric that covers Evansdale area. Touchstone is giant, so probably nothing, but both towns and areas in question for both cases are in those coops coverage area.
Yes I made this connection and it is very very interesting...

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

I reviewed the video of the presser and extracted this exchange:

Question from reporter:

"Is the public at risk?"

Response from Special Agent (in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation) Rick Rahn:

bbm

"We don't feel that the public is at risk, per se. I mean, certainly, that's something that people are concerned about, we understand that. But if we, as an investigative agency or an investigative team felt that the public was at risk we would certainly notify them of that, we would provide that information and thus far we haven't found the need to do that at this point."

It's that "per se" that has me wondering.
If police believe Mollie was killed by a motorist (probably intoxicated), they would not think that the public at large is in danger. Another possible theory that has been discussed. Makes sense in the respect that they know something like that happened, even if they don't know who or why.

I read somewhere - and, gosh, I can't remember where - that she used BF's vehicle on occasion to go to work or maybe he would take her. So my point, I guess, is that she didn't have routine to get to work, which would explain why he might not have found it unusual if he didn't get a response. I think it's fairly typical for people to read a text, be too busy to respond at that moment, and then forget to respond.

And other family members have also stated that it wasn't unusual for her to discuss dinner with her mom and then not show up.

So, maybe Mollie - this "creature of habit" as she has been referred to - wasn't a creature of habit after all. Maybe she just didn't let anything get in the way of her jogging routine, which unfortunately is the one thing someone had noticed.
^ This. And her habitual routine had changed for the weekend because she was house/dog sitting alone. Maybe that someone noticed that, too.

Did the vandalism happen at the same time Molly was jogging?
Sometimes a crime is committed in one place to get the police attention there whilst another crime can be committed elsewhere.

Chicago to Brooklyn and Evansdale, 4 hours, to Delphi, 2 hours. Could Mollie's disappearance be connected to those unsolved crimes? What if the SK lives in Chicago and he branches out from there? Maybe he was raised in Iowa and moved to Chicago?

FWIW - The electric co. isn't across the street, it's an adjacent property directly to the east of DJ's house.

Also - the parking lot, main entrance, etc. are on the east side of the electric building.

There is a driveway on the west side that leads to the electric building - maybe it's for deliveries? Maybe there's a camera on the west side?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member