Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@kkdj my first husband was, among many things, a long time linesman. He honed his skills in the Army Signal Corps.
These folks know more than we could imagine.
I am in no way suggesting the perp in this case has a military background, but it't possible.
Thanks to you for all of your very thought-provoking posts as always.
Chi :)
Thank you for all of yours Chi.

Do you mean the business across the street? Someone there could have used the cameras to stalk her and even watch remotely and then disable the cameras to abduct her. I would like to think that LE asked those employees to take lie detectors too. But, I would not be surprised to find out many years later that they did not pursue it with any vigor. Once LE goes in one direction they have a very hard time redirecting their investigation. Particularly if they suspect someone. I would not be surprised if they think it is WC and therefore not really digging deeper into others. IMHOO

It's not across the street, it's next door.

No. I only remember that the co-op itself was apparently the source of that information. And I never checked the website personally.
I think @SharonNeedles knows something about this. He mentioned that they took down the page with employee names for some reason that I cannot remember now. He may have also seen the camera out page that was posted before she went missing. That’s what I remember about the subject - that it had been down and posted online before she disappeared.

I really don't find the idea that the cameras were intentionally disabled to be very plausible.

First of all, the business side of TIP - main entrance, parking lot, overhead doors, etc. - is on the opposite side of the building. Any cameras on that side wouldn't be helpful at all, unless the perp took her to the parking lot. There's a small parking lot and employee or delivery entrance

At this point anything is possible, but I'd have to think that a co-op employee disabling the cameras for the purpose of abducting Mollie is almost maybe a notch or two above alien abduction on the probability list.
Respectfully s/bbm

If I am understanding correctly, I think it was being proposed that a Lineman/other professional, not necessarily a co-op employee, possibly disabled the cameras. (Not sure how that would be accomplished by an outsider no matter how technologically proficient)...But it is...odd...the timing of the outage is certainly curious. Could be this happens a lot though, I don't really know. Depending on if the cameras go out frequently, or almost never, I'd put it a notch or two more likely than an obviously specious conspiracy theory. I do appreciate that people are thinking outside the box though, as preconceived stereotypes can sometimes be misleading.

I think @SharonNeedles knows something about this. He mentioned that they took down the page with employee names for some reason that I cannot remember now. He may have also seen the camera out page that was posted before she went missing. That’s what I remember about the subject - that it had been down and posted online before she disappeared.

I know everybody says they have read about the cameras being down. The problem is that I cannot find any evidence of this being fact. This isn't the first time rumor became fact in this thread, remember the SUV.

The employee list went down because some people started harassing the employees.

I believe the co-op posted it on their site and recommended people pay inside because of the camera(s) being inoperable. I saw it along with the names, positions and pics of the employees. All of these were taken down.

Can you point me to the specific page URL that used to list this? I can see if there is an archive of an older version of that page.

Post # 511 on thread 22 by NewYork625:
Apparently it was on Tip Rural Co-op's website to let people who normally pay there know they were having that problem. If I remember correctly it was said to be caused by lightning, but you would think with the electricians/linemen they have working for the company, they could have had it fixed fairly quickly.

I know everybody says they have read about the cameras being down. The problem is that I cannot find any evidence of this being fact. This isn't the first time rumor became fact in this thread, remember the SUV.

The employee list went down because some people started harassing the employees.

Thank you. I was just going to ask for a link about the cameras being down and the "list".

I feel ya. Went through this many threads back and never could find anything concrete on the cameras being out. I asked if anyone had screenshots of the co-op's website with the information about the cameras and never got an answer.

The inoperable camera statement and advise to pay inside may have been taken down because they fixed it.

Perhaps, but the problem is that people have been sleuthing one of the employees partially based on your report that the co-op said the camera was down and to pay inside.

If you saw it on this page: Payment Options | T.I.P. Rural Electric Cooperative then the choice is paying inside or a 24 hour drop box. I'm not sure why the cameras being out would make a difference in not using the drop box - first, it's a sleepy rural town, not exactly a crime-ridden area. Second you drop off checks. I guess I don't see why you wouldn't use a drop-box even if the camera was out.

SM is making my new theory buzz.

There are LOTS of things taken down from her friends and family’s SM accounts... I have to think LE has asked for that to investigate people in that time frame... it’s very odd to have that many remove or hide posts for a solid month or so
I think it's also to protect them from being cyber-stalked and sleuthed.

I feel ya. Went through this many threads back and never could find anything concrete on the cameras being out. I asked if anyone had screenshots of the co-op's website with the information about the cameras and never got an answer.
Ok. Well thank you for this, because I had been assuming I must have missed the post that contained a link to factual evidence of the camera outage(s). It seemed it was being discussed as fact, but I too could find no posted link.

Perhaps, but the problem is that people have been sleuthing one of the employees partially based on your report that the co-op said the camera was down and to pay inside.

If you saw it on this page: Payment Options | T.I.P. Rural Electric Cooperative then the choice is paying inside or a 24 hour drop box. I'm not sure why the cameras being out would make a difference in not using the drop box - first, it's a sleepy rural town, not exactly a crime-ridden area. Second you drop off checks. I guess I don't see why you wouldn't use a drop-box even if the camera was out.
I asked the same question with the same logic. Iirc someone said because of possible theft out of the payment box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missnurse09