Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Are you saying someone who attended a meeting might have abducted Mollie? ?

The whole point of the chain of comments about folks at church or at meetings, is questioning if people were at home, where they might have heard or witnessed an abduction. The more people at Church or other group meetings, the smaller the potential witness pool. This especially if folks may have gone to Grinnell, Victor, or Montezuma for church (no one has yet told me if the New Beginnings Church on V21 had a Wednesday night service) or a meeting, or dinner after church. The converse has been pointed out, that more people on the road means that more people may possibly have seen the abduction, at certain key times, like on their way home or dinner after services. (In a lot of places, Wednesday night for Church and dinner is a big deal - as witnessed by a couple of posters who don't go out for dinner on Wednesday for this very reason; maybe not so much in Brooklyn?)

Also, keep in mind that there are many people in this area who may be in bed by 8:00 p.m. or 9:00 (or even earlier). Confused? So are the rest of us! So the question is, who might have been awake and at home to witness MT going missing between 7:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.?

LE has pretty much told us that they think MT went missing between 7:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., and that the perp was out of Brooklyn by the close of this window. MSM reports are that her running gear, armband and personal electronics have not been accounted for, indicating that she was taken on her run, between 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., 9:00 p.m. at the latest. This as the end of Civilian Twilight was at 9:15 or so (when you must turn on your auto headlights), and MSM and family and BF all say that she did not care to run in the dark. So, we are left with a 90 minute window when she was likely abducted (or persuaded to get in a car) between 7:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.

So, there was no intent to impune members of AA (their meeting is on Tueday night in Grinnell) or any other group. At this point, if you were in church or a meeting or dinner, you may have a good alibi as to why you did not take MT. Just saying, MOO!

Last edited:
If she had a medical emergency, she had her phone. No need to try to take a shortcut through a field.
Agreed. I still think the most likely theory is acquaintance related disappearance. But say she stumbles somewhere or has a medical emergency that prevents her from using the phone. By the time they search for her hours or a day later, her phone has died. Again, I lean toward acquaintance related disappearance, but I can’t shake the simple explanation that she might just be found somewhere, a victim of a freak accident or medical emergency or hit and run, at harvest time.:(

Right. And even though I lean toward her disappearance relating to getting into a car with an acquaintance, my mind can’t forget all the theorizing on WS about Toni Anderson. Although she had people in her social circles that led sleuthers to suspect all kinds of foul play, it in the end, she had accidentally driven into a lake when it was dark, apparently believing an unmarked boat ramp was a road.

There is still a possibility MT had a medical emergency, like an asthma attack, or freak accident and stumbled into a place where she has yet to be found...or tried to shortcut through a field to get to a house for medical help and succumbed to her breathing problems there. Bc we don’t have reason to believe Mollie had a double life and because we also have no evidence of an abductor on video or any sign of Mollie’s blood/DNA, the simplest explanation could be that she had some sort of medical emergency or accident and will be discovered in time.

Yes, I thought of that too. But they would have searched with volunteers and dogs all the areas where she ran. And they would have picked that scent up.

I hope they searched that big sketchy wooded area with many sheds that was on Mills Rd I think on the east.

I was on my bike one time when nature called next to a cornfield. You don't have to go very far back to obscure yourself. I didn't get any scratches.
I recently moved next to a corn field in PA and had no idea about anything relating to a cornfield. I did not even realize a crop was planted until it started growing. As of today, it has not been harvested, and I am also interested in when that will be done. I would say it is 7 to 8 feet right now.

Someone earlier, I think it was rosesfromangels asked about when corn is harvested. It depends on the corn. Feed corn, cover crop, sweet corn. Some of the farms where I live leave it up all winter as a food for deer and to control snow drifting/wind shear. I am not sure if they do the same in IA, but I would think so.

I doubt the cornfield theory.

a) Unless the perp went to the trouble of burying, vultures would have notified everyone.
b) in order to bury in a cornfield, perp could have to leave car unattended and possibly visible. So, would have to know ahead of time, i.e. before dark, of a lane in a cornfield to get deep enough into not to be visible to passersby. Corn rows are normally fairly close together so some plants would have to be disturbed and roots run deep. Looks like a good place, but I wonder how practical?
c) either way, perp could not be certain searchers would not walk the cornfields and discover ground had been disturbed.

BTW, I'm wondering if perp was not aware of impending storm and used to his advantage?

I agree it would be difficult to bury someone in a corn field at this point in the season, bc of the hardness of the ground and the rows of stalks being fairly close together. Not impossible but difficult.

I don’t think that rules out her body possibly being discovered later, even though the area has been searched. The corn may be obscuring visibility for search parties and drones alike.

Since I lean toward acquaintance abduction, I will note that if a local person approached her on foot, there would be no car on the side of the road to notice.

I recently moved next to a corn field in PA and had no idea about anything relating to a cornfield. I did not even realize a crop was planted until it started growing. As of today, it has not been harvested, and I am also interested in when that will be done. I would say it is 7 to 8 feet right now.
Usually October

Right. And even though I lean toward her disappearance relating to getting into a car with an acquaintance, my mind can’t forget all the theorizing on WS about Toni Anderson. Although she had people in her social circles that led sleuthers to suspect all kinds of foul play, it in the end, she had accidentally driven into a lake when it was dark, apparently believing an unmarked boat ramp was a road.

There is still a possibility MT had a medical emergency, like an asthma attack, or freak accident and stumbled into a place where she has yet to be found...or tried to shortcut through a field to get to a house for medical help and succumbed to her breathing problems there. Bc we don’t have reason to believe Mollie had a double life and because we also have no evidence of an abductor on video or any sign of Mollie’s blood/DNA, the simplest explanation could be that she had some sort of medical emergency or accident and will be discovered in time.

Other thing i said was possibly ran from a predator that ended up getting her in a field, there have been black bear reports in iowa not far from there, also wolves, rapid dogs, coyotes, they have rattlesnakes

The August 17th video is a tearjerker. Makes me sit back and remember, this is a loved human being with people who will really, really never be able to fill a void if she doesn't come home. As long as she is still on this earth it's never too late.

Yes, I thought of that too. But they would have searched with volunteers and dogs all the areas where she ran. And they would have picked that scent up.

I hope they searched that big sketchy wooded area with many sheds that was on Mills Rd I think on the east.
I do too. If you look at the satellite view of that area it looks like there’s a shipping container there as well as many out buildings and old cars. Amazing what’s in that area from satellite.

I doubt the cornfield theory.

a) Unless the perp went to the trouble of burying, vultures would have notified everyone.
b) in order to bury in a cornfield, perp could have to leave car unattended and possibly visible. So, would have to know ahead of time, i.e. before dark, of a lane in a cornfield to get deep enough into not to be visible to passersby. Corn rows are normally fairly close together so some plants would have to be disturbed and roots run deep. Looks like a good place, but I wonder how practical?
c) either way, perp could not be certain searchers would not walk the cornfields and discover ground had been disturbed.

BTW, I'm wondering if perp was not aware of impending storm and used to his advantage?

I was thinking about the storm too CuriousCricket. What if the perp KNEW it was going to rain. But then there would be NO way he could officially BE SURE it would rain (weather forecasts CAN change). But even if it had I am sure he would have figured something out. Made me think of the movie Joy Ride (by the way one of my favorite movies--the original not the remake). The guy in the semi who followed them actually used the rain to his advantage and that's how he got away. So it makes you wonder about that. JMO.

Usually isn’t harvested until it turns brown. I have seen it harvested into late November. Depends on the weather sometimes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo