Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A perp that would be interested in young girls or children, like the two other cases, would very much notice that Mollie does NOT have the shape of a child, especially in running gear. Those who abduct children go for both their childish looks and their naivety so they can entice them. Mollie would not fit their needs, imo, she looks athletic, could presumably fight back and not “go for candy” etc...jmo
That’s why I think we are dealing with a serial perp that knows what they are doing. MT would not be easy to abduct. She has been told “she’d fight back” by DJ’s brother. She has a lot of strong advocacy and feminist twitter posts.

A perp that would be interested in young girls or children, like the two other cases, would very much notice that Mollie does NOT have the shape of a child, especially in running gear. Those who abduct children go for both their childish looks and their naivety so they can entice them. Mollie would not fit their needs, imo, she looks athletic, could presumably fight back and not “go for candy” etc...jmo
Although she might go for "get in or I'll shoot you." Jmo Maybe for some it's less about the youthfulness and more about a target they can tag.

Yes! And even if she was mistaken for 16 (and I don't think she looks it) that is still very different from a perp who is interested in young women who aren't yet fully developed.

I completely agree. I put that at the bottom of my list with sex trafficking, MS13, drug dealers, vandals, aliens, and Bigfoot. I’m not mocking the theory, it’s just incredibly unlikely IMO. This wasn’t revenge coming from inside the family. Edit* And insomnia.
Well, there goes my future post about space aliens, all shot to heck.......LOL !

Maybe. I always thought once declared, or labelled a cold case it would indicate they were NOT actively investigating the case. I thought they would have to "reopen" the case to continue an active investigation. But I could be wrong. I think someone here connected to LE explained it pretty thoroughly but of course I can't find it... Maybe I am thinking of a " closed" case. I don't know the terminology!
I'm fairly certain that "cold" only means there is no new leads and is not being actively investigated. It remains open. I don't believe a case ever gets closed until it is solved. I watch way too many crime shows.

Have to wonder why that wasn't cleared up though, surely LE has been able to determine if it was Mollie's shirt or not... They will not comment at all on if a red shirt was even found. I've always thought that was odd.

It's the old "we will not confirm or deny" syndrome. And the reason for that is--once you start confirming or denying things, no matter how obvious or outrageous--people can draw informed conclusions from observing where you go silent.

True. But we have absolutely no evidence of current internal strife. There are far more likely scenarios here IMO.
I respect your opinion but how do we know there is no strife? We really don't know much of anything, do we? At the beginning of the case LE stated for authoriesies to watch that she might be with family in Utah. We wouldn't have known about her mother's family history if she hadn't mentioned it to the press.

True. But we have absolutely no evidence of current internal strife. There are far more likely scenarios here IMO.
I agree that it’s still a low possibility.

I still lean toward an acquaintance over a family grudge, but it does further open up the possibility of a distant relative being involved.

If we knew more, we could better assess likelihood. Like was Mollie’s parent or grandparent involved in turning in the imprisoned relative? Were there other relatives involved in the crime who weren’t prosecuted? Was all the bank money recovered? And so on.

Right.

But if this is substantiated with a MSM link, this does change how I would think about the likelihood of various scenarios just a little.

It slightly increases the possibility that a distant relative, who was perhaps exposed to or conditioned by criminal behavior, was somehow involved.

Early on, didn’t they ask people in another state (was it Utah?) to be on the look out as MT had family there?? Help me remember? And then also, perhaps this theory is also consistent with the belief she is being held hostage and/or that her perp could possibly be swayed by a large reward.
Well now, I must dig deeper in to this. Very interesting.

True, I don't think this was the case at all. She may have looked like a 16 year old, but no WAY like a prepubescent 12 year old.

Is it possible that this is the slowest ransom case in FBI history? I bring this up because of the family mentioning funds and two states being potentially involved. A ransom has not been mentioned publicly but it does not mean that this is not the case. This is such an odd case in general.
The 2 states and ransom further explain the FBI as well. I need to dig in to this theory more. It doesn’t align with the amateur profile I have created, but open to exploring this. So interesting.

The issue we have, and have had, is that there have been many mainstream reports that cite second hand information from witnesses and other people related to this case. We have no way of knowing if the information being relayed, is true or not. This is especially true with the early reports of Mollie returning home after her run. What LE purportedly believed at one point, may have changed as the investigation progressed. Many people, including me, take all of these reports with a grain of salt, as they are not coming directly from the mouth of LE. Although the source is legitimate, the information may not be.

As I see things, if something has been reported in MSM we're allowed to discuss it--to our heart's content. However, we're under no obligation to believe it.

On the other hand, if LE says something--and that means a direct quote, not the careless paraphrasing that MSM often does--we'll look a little wrongheaded if we refuse to accept it.

I respect your opinion but how do we know there is no strife? We really don't know much of anything, do we? At the beginning of the case LE stated for authoriesies to watch that she might be with family in Utah. We wouldn't have known about her mother's family history if she hadn't mentioned it to the press.
I’m just saying that in addition to the case you mentioned, we don’t have anything to indicate that there is a current conflict. If you had evidence of this, combined with that past case, then we’d have something. But right now all there is, is this old case. I just think it’s flimsy without more detail.

As I see things, if something has been reported in MSM we're allowed to discuss it--to our heart's content. However, we're under no obligation to believe it.

On the other hand, if LE says something--and that means a direct quote, not the careless paraphrasing that MSM often does--we'll look a little wrongheaded if we refuse to accept it.
Absolutely agree.

I agree that it’s still a low possibility.

I still lean toward an acquaintance over a family grudge, but it does further open up the possibility of a distant relative being involved.

If we knew more, we could better assess likelihood. Like was Mollie’s parent or grandparent involved in turning in the imprisoned relative? Were there other relatives involved in the crime who weren’t prosecuted? Was all the bank money recovered? And so on.

We really don't know but if you read the archived article there seems to be some division. <modsnip: soliciting private messages>

Last edited by a moderator:
IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

For now, since we don't have anything to link Mollie's case to any other cases please let's keep the discussion on only Mollie's case and the clues in her case. Please do not bring other cases into Mollie's thread yet. We can also allow discussion once something can logically be proven that the cases might be connected.

bbm - Bumping Tricia's post.

Caught my attention too. Is there a lot of construction in that town? Or construction workers?

In the Jacob wetterling abduction, the killer actually went to a backhoe and used it to dig the grave. I would have thought something like that would be fiction but it happened. It was at a work site, not his backhoe And I believe he did not even work there.

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

For now, since we don't have anything to link Mollie's case to any other cases please let's keep the discussion on only Mollie's case and the clues in her case. Please do not bring other cases into Mollie's thread yet. We can also allow discussion once something can logically be proven that the cases might be connected.

bbm - Bumping Tricia's post.
Bumping : )

Also, to people who say she wouldn’t have run on a dirt and gravel road... I jog almost exclusively on a dirt and gravel road. It is easier on my shins than the paved roads because there is more give usually. It’s also more peaceful and scenic and there are less cars to worry about.
I would tend to choose that kind of road as well. In fact I would prefer to jog or walk than drive down a road with potholes because in a car the potholes are harder to avoid, so I don't buy that she wouldn't run there because of potholes. Normally, there would be less cars to deal with on a road like that, so I would assume it would be a good one to run on. Didn't 2 of her friends say they saw her on a dirt road? But the timeframe doesn't match the 5:30 time they saw her. Interesting how that was the first time frame that was in earlier reports. Maybe they based it on those 2 witnesses at first until evidence showed the later time. It's still a mystery to me.

I completely agree. I put that at the bottom of my list with sex trafficking, MS13, drug dealers, vandals, aliens, and Bigfoot. I’m not mocking the theory, it’s just incredibly unlikely IMO. This wasn’t revenge coming from inside the family. Edit* And insomnia.
OMG right! When it was suggested that nearby cemeteries be searched, I was like. yeah, as long as zombies or vampires aren't the objectives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polkaroo9