Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to Brooklyn tomorrow to check things out. Any ideas of where to check, let me know. I feel like living this close, I should be doing something to help. I’m going to check out the camera situation on Electric Co. Any other areas of interest, please let me know.

If it's not too far out of the way, I'm curious about this routes marked in pink on these two maps. Any photos you could take of the general area would be great!

Attachments

• Mollie R1.jpg
    Mollie R1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Mollie R2.jpg
    Mollie R2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 54
Mollie is not in the corn around Brooklyn. Her fitbit tracked to that one-time pig field twenty miles away. The two areas of interest located on 200th St that LE posted lead directly there. She was at those locations, that is why LE has highlighted them.
Just because the fitbit was there doesn't mean it was still around Mollie's arm. Maybe she was there, maybe she wasn't. But unless there is definite physical evidence of her presence, I am uncomfortable with such absolutes.

The case is now officially cold. Her father has headed back to California. If something doesn't happen in the next three months, it's going to be a long, long time before we will know what happened to her.

Now, after a month of disseminating posters and helping to publicize Mollie's story, Tibbetts plans to fly home to the San Francisco area, still unsure why his silly, stubborn and charismatic daughter hasn't been found. He's reluctant, but those who have his best interest at heart said it's for his own well-being.

Recalling the past month, Tibbetts said he is heading home grateful to community members, law enforcement and reporters. He never thought hundreds of strangers would sacrifice so many hours of their own lives to assist in the search for Mollie.

"It's a very humbling experience,"

A month after Mollie Tibbetts disappeared, her father thanks an Iowa community for its compassion

I have been sitting back watching the wheels spin on this case.

Just thought I'd throw another angle into the mix...that just came to my mind and may be off track...but worth throwing out there, I thought.

What are the local bars in Brooklyn? There has been speculation about a hit and run/drunk driver...but what about the idea (speculation) that a local bar patron was looking for a good time after leaving the bar and saw an opportunity?

Also, wouldn't local bars be likely to have some cameras?

This is JUST an IDEA...not even a formulated opinion.

I would be interested if LE have stopped at the locals watering holes and done interviews?

....who knows?

Just another angle of people to look at...since apparently everyone/thing is still on the table.

Poor Mollie and her loved ones.

I suppose I could entertain your idea (or the drunk driver theory) except that she was grabbed (imo) around 8:00 - 8:30 p.m. (give or take), pretty early for anyone to be soused enough to leave the bar and happen upon her and snatch her (or plow into her in the case of d.d.), get her body in the car (while inebriated) and take her off to be assaulted, hidden or buried. Just don't think either theory is viable.

The real problem I have with the cornfield idea is that the cornfield is usually plowed soon after the harvest or in the spring. So that means a farmer would find the body. I think there are plenty of other choices to hide a body within the vicinity of Brooklyn, like woods, lakes, rivers and state parks and whatnot.

This is why you would use a backhoe, mechanical digger or power argur that you might find on a farm. You want to bury deep enough that it won't be disturbed by plowing, at least a foot or two - the deeper the better. And why are you limited to as cornfield? Linemen use argur trucks to make a 6 foot deep by 16" hole for utility poles all the time. Who questions them when they are off the road digging holes? Plenty big enough for a small woman's body. Also, there is the waste water treatment plant being built near Brooklyn, and the Windmill farms under construction to the south of the town. What kind of massive excavation and cement pours must go on for that kind of construction, for retention tanks and footings. You must know that there is a cement plant in Brooklyn for a reason. And what about all of the hog farms around Brooklyn. Anaerobic hog waste digestion ponds are are great place to dispose of a body, and destroy almost all forensic evidence. Iowa, what a great place for a body farm. And you thought they just farmed hogs and corn there!

Not sure I get you....care to elaborate?
The only thing LE has said is she is missing and they are searching the last known points she was seen. They have no suspects, no proof she's been harmed, and there is no perpetrator known of in this case so far. Only in the theories posted by people speculating is there a "perp". There is not one until she is found.

Unless of course the only person with any information is a soul-less psychopath with no care whatsoever if anyone ever knows what happened. Or about money. They are not normal people with those priorities. MOO
Right, but she is referring directly to someone who knows or is in close contact with the perpetrator. I agree, there is SOMEONE out there who knows something. This is the person or people who will lead police to the person responsible. We are all hoping this person will come forward, even if Mollie is no longer with us.

Why would her phone be out of power if she was on a run? If she had a medical emergency while on her run, she could have called 911.
Unless cell coverage was poor in the area she was in and she had a catastrophic medical event. We have very poor to no cell coverage here and it can vary within a short distance. Our batteries go dead very quickly because our phones are constantly searching for service.
However, I'm inclined to think she would have been found by now if it had been a medical emergency, and also those areas of interest wouldn't be highlighted.

Last edited:
Mollie is not in the corn around Brooklyn. Her fitbit tracked to that one-time pig field twenty miles away. The two areas of interest located on 200th St that LE posted lead directly there. She was at those locations, that is why LE has highlighted them.
Her fitbit may have ping there. But it does not mean she herself was there. At the time it did ping they may want person to mention what they seen around that time. Not if they seen the girl per say. But seen anyone anything around that time of the ping. Especially vehicles

Agreed!

I'd even venture to say that most of all leads/tips are quite lame/worthless!?

Probably true, but I think there are some clues. I know Mollie wasn’t completely routine on her running routes, and that has been shown, but there were certain legs on the routes that were the same, from what I can tell here based on reading all the comments based on legitimate news sources.

That in mind, someone in one of those little houses along the way may have had a head’s up on her route, and timing.

In my opinion.

Right, but she is referring directly to someone who knows or is in close contact with the perpetrator. I agree, there is SOMEONE out there who knows something. This is the person or people who will lead police to the person responsible. We are all hoping this person will come forward, even if Mollie is no longer with us.
It is possible also that no one knows anything. That would be sad, but it is one possibility. Right now the case stands that she is Schroedinger's Mollie. moo

Right. And even though I lean toward her disappearance relating to getting into a car with an acquaintance, my mind can’t forget all the theorizing on WS about Toni Anderson. Although she had people in her social circles that led sleuthers to suspect all kinds of foul play, it in the end, she had accidentally driven into a lake when it was dark, apparently believing an unmarked boat ramp was a road.

There is still a possibility MT had a medical emergency, like an asthma attack, or freak accident and stumbled into a place where she has yet to be found...or tried to shortcut through a field to get to a house for medical help and succumbed to her breathing problems there. Bc we don’t have reason to believe Mollie had a double life and because we also have no evidence of an abductor on video or any sign of Mollie’s blood/DNA, the simplest explanation could be that she had some sort of medical emergency or accident and will be discovered in time.
I think if that were the case, her digital signature would not go silent at the same time she had a medical emergency or accident. It would be extraordinarily coincidental that her battery went dead at the same time she had a medical emergency. Occam's Razor... When competing hypothesis exist, the simplest answer is usually correct.

Very disappointing to see that there is really no news. I must say, having gone down a few rabbit holes re Delphi and Evansville, I have revised my original theory of someone who was familiar and obsessed to a possible SK. A perfect five seconds, that's all it takes. Maybe less if you are practicing.

O/T Since the lack of progress in Mollie's case was disappointing, I surfed around a few other cases. Although I live in the UK now, I grew up in SE MI, near where the Ally Brueger case occurred and read all threads and oh my giddy aunt. I can't even. My head is still spinning.

Mollie' s mother recently shared the story of her cousin who was murdered. This was the result of a crime in which other family members were involved. One family member is still in prison but another man involved in the robbery/murders should have been released not that long ago. It appears Mollie's mother's family has lived in the Brooklyn area for decades. I feel Mollie's abduction was not random and have to wonder if retribution may have played onto this.

Well, that’s odd. This whole case is odd, to be honest. Why share that???

The only thing LE has said is she is missing and they are searching the last known points she was seen. They have no suspects, no proof she's been harmed, and there is no perpetrator known of in this case so far. Only in the theories posted by people speculating is there a "perp". There is not one until she is found.
A crime has been committed regardless if she is found alive, unless of course she comes back and states that she was not being held against her will. We can agree to disagree.

Just because the fitbit was there doesn't mean it was still around Mollie's arm. Maybe she was there, maybe she wasn't. But unless there is definite physical evidence of her presence, I am uncomfortable with such absolutes.
It could have been the route the perp was taken when leaving the area. May perhaps saved it for a souvenir to re live the event. that may be why they want persons to remember any vehicles in the area around that time. I would say according to the ping that is the area he was heading through. And after thought, it may-had stop working for whatever reason around that pig farm but he keep traveling in that direction perhaps. But all just speculation on my part.

You have a point, but if the unsub removed her fitbit he would have powered the phone off at that time. Areas along the route where the fitbit went stationary were certainly searched by law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie