Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A crime has been committed regardless if she is found alive, unless of course she comes back and states that she was not being held against her will. We can agree to disagree.
For all we know, she tripped and fell somewhere. Or went to Hawaii. Or bumped her head and has amnesia. There are unlimited possibilities, since we have zero clues about what actually happened. Like, literally zero.

I don't believe that LE ever stated that the perp was 'out of the area' by 10pm. That is assuming he doesn't live amongst everyone in Brooklyn, which is still a possibility, no?
Yes its possible he does not live in Brooklyn but i think by your post you meant he MAY live in Brooklyn. I think what it the poster was saying is based on all the information LE has given us, it appears that this person was out of the area by this time, or in the process of getting out of the vicinity of the crime. But there is a possibility this person lives in Brookynn, although my feeling is that he lives elsewhere, could be near Brooklynn. Hope that helps.

I don't believe that LE ever stated that the perp was 'out of the area' by 10pm. That is assuming he doesn't live amongst everyone in Brooklyn, which is still a possibility, no?

LE @ the last PC asked for the public to come forward with info between 5 and 10 p.m. Meaning that the perp either went to ground or was outta town by 10 p.m. If they thought perp was still in greater metro Brooklyn, would LE not have stated a later time?

Last edited:
Mollie is not in the corn around Brooklyn. Her fitbit tracked to that one-time pig field twenty miles away. The two areas of interest located on 200th St that LE posted lead directly there. She was at those locations, that is why LE has highlighted them.
That’s interesting. In earlier threads, I have asked about this belief that it pinged at the farm. I have seen people suggest this but have not seen or heard law enforcement confirm this ping. I have seen an agent who said they started looking at SO and those with stalking charges in the area. This is what I began to believe may have led them to the pig farm.

It is possible also that no one knows anything. That would be sad, but it is one possibility. Right now the case stands that she is Schroedinger's Mollie. moo
True, but even someone working in a hardware store or who witnessed something suspicious about someone in a grocery store could offer tips that may be useful.

My point was that for the medical emergency scenario to make sense at all we have to assume that by sheer coincidence her phone has run out of power. Why? I know people whose phones are always running out of power. It happens. So, calling 911 is a non-issue.

I don't actually think that the medical emergency scenario is likely, by the way.

I also agree that this isn’t likely. But I have myself passed out about 3-4 times in my life—twice from being overheated. If I was unconscious due to a medical issue like this, I couldn’t use my phone to call on my own. It is “possible” that her phone had died before anyone went searching for her. With it dead it would be difficult to triangulate an exact location based on earlier pings (rural areas ping off multiple towers and therefor location of the device can be inexact).

I keep thinking she got into a vehicle with an acquaintance, but I can’t tell you how many times I have been surprised that speculation about foul play ended up just coming down to an accident. So I don’t want to forget simple explanations either.

I think if that were the case, her digital signature would not go silent at the same time she had a medical emergency or accident. It would be extraordinarily coincidental that her battery went dead at the same time she had a medical emergency. Occam's Razor... When competing hypothesis exist, the simplest answer is usually correct.
Right. Unless she was out of signal range in the country. I live in a rural area and can’t get signals in portions of my own home and yard some times.

I was involved with a case where a college age young man went off of the road And didn’t show up to his location on time. No drinking or drugs middle of the day.
Ground searchers and dogs were used for two weeks. He was finally located and had gone off the road straight and down 10,000 ft mountain road with no guard rails and his car was under so much debris it was completely hidden.
LEO, search and rescue had roped down twice and missed it.
Stranger things have happened. I check daily for updates....where is Mollie

Last edited:
I am a little baffled why Mollie's mom never tried contacting her after she thought she was coming home for dinner and was a no show. I would have been on the phone trying to reach my kids and after no response gone down there to make sure they were ok.

The only thing LE has said is she is missing and they are searching the last known points she was seen. They have no suspects, no proof she's been harmed, and there is no perpetrator known of in this case so far. Only in the theories posted by people speculating is there a "perp". There is not one until she is found.
Please re-listen to the last press release. This is not a missing person case any longer based on what I heard. It would be good to see what you hear compared to what I heard.

For all we know, she tripped and fell somewhere. Or went to Hawaii. Or bumped her head and has amnesia. There are unlimited possibilities, since we have zero clues about what actually happened. Like, literally zero.
Actually we have many clues to work with, but its true we dont have much that is definitive. We can still work with what we have, based on what we have learned from LE and other sources. Then there is always our minds, which judging from all these threads, are working hard to find out what happened to Mollie. The things you mentioned are possible, but highly unlikely based on everything we Do know for sure. It would be very nice if she turned up in Hawaii or somewhere, but sadly, I don't think this is the case.

I think I have found a link to the 2 articles (Iowa newspaper) about the case. Not sure it is allowed to post, though?

Yes, if they are mainstream media sources, and not something found on social media, like Twitter or Facebook. If the source of information was found in the comments below the news story, I don’t think those are allowed. Let us know and thank you.

That’s interesting. In earlier threads, I have asked about this belief that it pinged at the farm. I have seen people suggest this but have not seen or heard law enforcement confirm this ping. I have seen an agent who said they started looking at SO and those with stalking charges in the area. This is what I began to believe may have led them to the pig farm.
There was actually a member of LE who reportedly told an interviewer that the cell led to those locations.

bbm

Please re-listen to the last press release. This is not a missing person case any longer based on what I heard. It would be good to see what you hear compared to what I heard.

Exactly. This case may have more or less began or at least morphed to being classified as a "missing person" case, might still be officially classified as such, but I believe LE is now approaching this case as a"recovery" mission.

I do too. If you look at the satellite view of that area it looks like there’s a shipping container there as well as many out buildings and old cars. Amazing what’s in that area from satellite.
they should definitely check any junk yards that are nearby thoroughly. open trunks, pop hoods, search interiors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VS2009