Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO-we won't hear anything new until later today or tomorrow. The local news stations are busy covering the visit to Iowa from President Trump. This may be part of the reason why LE said they wouldn't have a statement/conference until Friday. However, I'm sure they are updating those who need to know. Also, the more I think about it, IIRC Mollie's boyfriend was going to be coming home either Thursday or Friday (it was in an earlier article that also said he left for work on Mon.). IMO-the person who did this was in the know about this and was known to Mollie through her family/close friends, but may not know her directly or be in the same age group as friends/brothers. Also, I don't think they are the type of person who would know that a Fitbit location can be traced.

Yes to your own personal observations as a local. No to posting any local rumor you may over hear while there. No to posting "My friend told me...." or "I heard at the local grocery store that ..."
Got it. I’m also a storm chaser, my rule is “pictures or it didn’t happen”. GoPro locked and loaded, I’m heading back over there after work.

15 minutes seems like a very short run to me, but I haven't been a runner in 20 years. I used to do ~5 miles in 40-45 minutes in my running days (I think that's slow). Family and/or boyfriend should be able to say whether that is a normal run for her. So, if that's normal, she may have made it back to the house, but if that's shorter than her usual run, then she was abducted during the run.
I am a runner and 15 minutes is very short for a runner in good shape like she is. That makes me feel like something happened on her run.

15 minutes seems like a very short run to me, but I haven't been a runner in 20 years. I used to do ~5 miles in 40-45 minutes in my running days (I think that's slow). Family and/or boyfriend should be able to say whether that is a normal run for her. So, if that's normal, she may have made it back to the house, but if that's shorter than her usual run, then she was abducted during the run.

Some are interpreting this as her run was cut short for some reason and that is the time frame shown by the Fitbit of her run.... doesn't mean she wanted to only run for 15 minutes, but it was recorded that it only lasted 15 minutes....

They actually have really small ones you can wear on a thigh or arm holster.

Yeah. I've heard. That still wouldn't work well. Still too far away to grab and wouldn't work to use when you're tackled from behind or the side.

And in the case where there may be warning in advance, like the man who saw the cougars, you can't run with a loaded gun in your hand and your finger on the trigger, ready to turn as blast blindly.

It's just not workable.

It wouldn't be as effective as bear spray even if you could. Bear spray plumes out in a huge fountain. If you turned and shot it would be miraculous if you hit your target with a bullet.

I think people are sometimes a bit unreasonable when it comes to what they think guns can actually do.

I have told my 14 year old daughter the same thing.
Same here. I had this talk w/ my 14 year old earlier this week. I said never get in the car willingly, fight with everything you have and scream. She said, "But what if they kill me?" And I said "Honey, if they get you in that car they are going to kill you anyway. Better they do it in a non secluded area. You stand more of a chance of living by not being taken anywhere." Her eyes got as big as saucers. My heart is completely broken for Mollie's Mom. I am a crazy Mama, with just 1 daughter, and if she had asked about dinner and never showed up I would have been at that house looking for her. But I am a helicopter parent to an extent.

This is a great interview with the sheriff. It appears to have taken place today.

Sheriff: boyfriend and brothers of Mollie Tibbetts aren't suspects

Quote from above linked article:

ABC: Do you believe she might have been at home as late as Friday morning?

Kriegel: We honestly don’t know. That was the last time she was sited.

This was the biggest thing that jumped out to me. She was reported missing on Thursday late afternoon/evening. According to everything I have read prior to this article the last time she was seen was Wednesday evening. Even if this was a mis-quote and the question was meant to be about Thursday morning, this would be new information as to the last time she was seen. Very curious as to if this was quoted correctly, if it is Thursday morning or Friday morning, and who it was who "sighted" her.

This is a great interview with the sheriff. It appears to have taken place today.

Sheriff: boyfriend and brothers of Mollie Tibbetts aren't suspects

That interview was done yesterday.

The natural reaction to beING choked is to grab the hands. If your in the woods a stick to the neck would work to get them from choking you

Yeah. That's a good one.

Some are interpreting this as her run was cut short for some reason and that is the time frame shown by the Fitbit of her run.... doesn't mean she wanted to only run for 15 minutes, but it was recorded that it only lasted 15 minutes....

Exactly. It seemed clear yesterday they were inferring that 15 minutes into her jog she was probably taken.

I thought a 15 min run was odd too. When my BF runs he's gone for at least 45 min, sometimes longer. Did something spook her so she turned around?
Yeah I was thinking that real hardcore runners will likely pause their Fitbit if they stop for some reason. Did someone she know wave her down while running? I have been running and saw someone I know, paused my Fitbit to stop. If that person abducted her it would explain the short run

Quote from above linked article:

ABC: Do you believe she might have been at home as late as Friday morning?

Kriegel: We honestly don’t know. That was the last time she was sited.

This was the biggest thing that jumped out to me. She was reported missing on Thursday late afternoon/evening. According to everything I have read prior to this article the last time she was seen was Wednesday evening. Even if this was a mis-quote and the question was meant to be about Thursday morning, this would be new information as to the last time she was seen. Very curious as to if this was quoted correctly, if it is Thursday morning or Friday morning, and who it was who "sighted" her.

I think the wording is just weird. I think he's saying Wed night is the last sighting

Is it possible she injured herself (i.e. fell/sprained ankle) and a "Good Samaritan" offered to take her home, she grabbed the red T-shirt and threw it on when she got home and things happened after that? I don't know anything about Snapchat, though, so that 10PM Snapchat confuses me (although I'm sure that's been talked to death about here, so I apologize!)

That's exactly what I was thinking. Your Fitbit records your heart rate and movement. Unless she removed her Fitbit, under her own power, which I think is highly unlikely.

True but maybe they are seeing that it tracked her back to the house. The other thing I find odd about this "run" was that she had already gone running once that evening. The neighbor saw her at 5:30. Why would she go again? Is it possible that she didn't actually "Go for a run" but was running away from something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234