Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from above linked article:

ABC: Do you believe she might have been at home as late as Friday morning?

Kriegel: We honestly don’t know. That was the last time she was sited.

This was the biggest thing that jumped out to me. She was reported missing on Thursday late afternoon/evening. According to everything I have read prior to this article the last time she was seen was Wednesday evening. Even if this was a mis-quote and the question was meant to be about Thursday morning, this would be new information as to the last time she was seen. Very curious as to if this was quoted correctly, if it is Thursday morning or Friday morning, and who it was who "sighted" her.
Eyewitness reports are notoriously inaccurate. Someone likely saw a girl in town with long hair on Friday morning and then told the sheriff it might have been Mollie.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Your Fitbit records your heart rate and movement. Unless she removed her Fitbit, under her own power, which I think is highly unlikely.
So, it would stand to reason that they know from her fitbit history when her heart rate soared due to fear. Plus they would know when there was no longer any heart rate recorded either because someone threw it away, destroyed it, or she no longer had a heart rate.

I think of the Mickey scnauk case (forgive me is i spelled her last name wrong). She tore that guy up before she was killed. They caught him because she put him in the hospital.
That was Mickey Shunick. She was able to wrestle the knife from her attacker and stab him. She prevented the rape thankfully...but not her death. I wish she had had the chance to finish the job.

<modsnip>

7:30-7:45 p.m. According to a "reasonable timeline" constructed by authorities, Tibbetts went for a jog around this time.

I took this to mean she left to go jogging about this time. Not how long the jog lasted. She began jogging at about 7:30-7:45.

So, it would stand to reason that they know from her fitbit history when her heart rate soared due to fear. Plus they would know when there was no longer any heart rate recorded either because someone threw it away, destroyed it, or she no longer had a heart rate.
I have seen reference to her heart rate soaring a few times but have not seen the source; would you be willing to point me in the right direction? I admit to skimming a few pages from overnight... Thanks.

Do we know for sure that her fitbit had a heartrate tracker? I have the Fitbit flex 2 and it doesn't track my heart rate.

Quote from above linked article:

ABC: Do you believe she might have been at home as late as Friday morning?

Kriegel: We honestly don’t know. That was the last time she was sited.

This was the biggest thing that jumped out to me. She was reported missing on Thursday late afternoon/evening. According to everything I have read prior to this article the last time she was seen was Wednesday evening. Even if this was a mis-quote and the question was meant to be about Thursday morning, this would be new information as to the last time she was seen. Very curious as to if this was quoted correctly, if it is Thursday morning or Friday morning, and who it was who "sighted" her.

This is a little misleading. The "last time she was sited" in the article refers back to "Yeah we think we have a reasonable timeline that she was out jogging from 7:30 to quarter to 8." meaning Wednesday night, not the "Friday morning" in the question. I think the ABC question meant Thursday, and that K was dodging whether or not she was there before work on Thursday morning.

Only if it's coming from LE or MSM. Although filtering "latest" while using the hashtag #MollieTibbetts is very interesting to be sure.

Law enforcement are going to have to issue a statement at some point indicating whether there is any truth to the information people are speculating about on social media. Information we can’t discuss here. If there is no truth to it people need to know so they know to keep looking out for Mollie. False inaccurate information could hinder trying to find her. An innocent guy could also get hurt even physically by being falsely accused when he has not done anything wrong. It is a very serious situation.

I still see a lot of people saying she probaly went missing during her run, but why would she not talk to her boyfriend after her run? Wouldn’t he wonder why he didn’t he hear from her all night (most normal couples say goodnight). But he didn’t worry, since at 10pm he got her snap, per this Newsweek article quote:
“But her aunt noted that her niece was seen, albeit on a digital screen, when she sent a Snapchat photo at around 10 p.m. on Thursday.

“She had just sent a picture to [Dalton] to say ‘Goodnight,’” she said, referring to Dalton Jack, Tibbetts’s boyfriend whom she has dated since high school.

This tells me that she was home after her run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29