Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Law enforcement are going to have to issue a statement at some point indicating whether there is any truth to the information people are speculating about on social media. Information we can’t discuss here. If there is no truth to it people need to know so they know to keep looking out for Mollie. False inaccurate information could hinder trying to find her. An innocent guy could also get hurt even physically by being falsely accused when he has not done anything wrong. It is a very serious situation.
In the ABC news article titled "Sheriff: Boyfriend and brothers cleared" which was released yesterday (Wednesday July 25th-before the rumor started), it was stated they may hold a press conference on Friday.

Last edited:
I still see a lot of people saying she probaly went missing during her run, but why would she not talk to her boyfriend after her run? Wouldn’t he wonder why he didn’t he hear from her all night (most normal couples say goodnight). But he didn’t worry, since at 10pm he got her snap, per this Newsweek article quote:
“But her aunt noted that her niece was seen, albeit on a digital screen, when she sent a Snapchat photo at around 10 p.m. on Thursday.

“She had just sent a picture to [Dalton] to say ‘Goodnight,’” she said, referring to Dalton Jack, Tibbetts’s boyfriend whom she has dated since high school.

This tells me that she was home after her run.

It has been said numerous times, and verified by LE, that the snap was OPENED at 10PM. The time that it was sent is unknown and could have possibly been much earlier in the evening.

From above article:
ABC: What about the discussion and the comments and the timeline about where she was and what she was doing that afternoon? Have you been able to construct a timeline of where she was?

Kriegel: Yeah we think we have a reasonable timeline that she was out jogging from 7:30 to quarter to 8.

ABC: What do you know about what she was doing later that evening?

Kriegel: We don’t know anything later than that?

ABC: Do you believe she might have been at home as late as Friday morning?

Kriegel: We honestly don’t know. That was the last time she was sited.

Side note:
I might see if I can work on some kind of timeline given the info from the parents and sheriff today. I'm one of those people that likes to have things in a visual order.
The problem i have with this article is that it talks about Friday AM, not Thursday AM. Sooooooo frustrating that every time something seems to clear up, something gets messed up

I still see a lot of people saying she probaly went missing during her run, but why would she not talk to her boyfriend after her run? Wouldn’t he wonder why he didn’t he hear from her all night (most normal couples say goodnight). But he didn’t worry, since at 10pm he got her snap, per this Newsweek article quote:
“But her aunt noted that her niece was seen, albeit on a digital screen, when she sent a Snapchat photo at around 10 p.m. on Thursday.

“She had just sent a picture to [Dalton] to say ‘Goodnight,’” she said, referring to Dalton Jack, Tibbetts’s boyfriend whom she has dated since high school.

This tells me that she was home after her run.
There are other reports saying the bf opened the message at 10:00 p.m. and it is unknown what time she sent it. There's the confusion.

I hope LE was able to obtain some video from houses or businesses in the area that could help them fine tune her last known whereabouts.

I recently installed home security cameras and they are getting very inexpensive nowadays. Easy to install and no monthly fee even for some brands.

Just not sure if many homes or businesses have them pointed toward the street. I know some do but I think most people would be pointing their cameras at their doors and may not catch activity on a street.

It has been said numerous times, and verified by LE, that the snap was OPENED at 10PM. The time that it was sent is unknown and could have possibly been much earlier in the evening.
I understand that, but what I’m saying is, why would her boyfriend not talk to her before bed at all? So even if he opened the snap at 10pm, the text was seen inside and probably sent not much earlier - even if not right at 10. I wondered if someone followed or beat her home, and hid in her house. She could have showered and threw the red shirt on if getting up early.

According to Mortvedt (Iowa State Patrol), local, state and federal officers are following up on a number of leads. He confirmed that detectives were searching a pig farm in Guernsey on Thursday morning.
Mortvedt says that no one has been taken into custody, and noted several searches were being conducted in and around the county.

Boyfriend Ruled Out as Suspect in Iowa Student's Disappearance — as Police Search Pig Farm
That is a very unpopulated town. I wonder what led them there.

I don't suspect the BF at this time, just to make that clear. But I have a question:

LE stated that BF and BF's brother have been cleared and are not considered suspects. Are there times when LE would say someone is cleared just to put them at ease, even tho LE may still be suspicious and hope said 'cleared' person messes up with their new found level of comfort?

So this is a rough time-line of info I found that seems to come from family, boyfriend, or police.
Monday, July 16th:
The last time the boyfriend sees Mollie before leaving on his work trip.
Tuesday, July 17th,
Mollie's boyfriend leaves for work, traveling to Dubuque, Iowa (roughly 100+ miles away)
Search for Mollie Tibbetts: Mom says the uncertainty is 'excruciating'
Wednesday, July 18th:
5:30 pm, Mollie's brother ,whom she shares a car with, drops her off at her boyfriends house. Mollie is dogsitting for her boyfriend, his brother, and his brother's fiancé while they are all out of town on work trips.
Brother of missing woman remains hopeful as investigators track down leads
7:30 pm, Mollie's mother text/speaks with her about dinner. She tells her "Brats" and Mollie replies "K".
MISSING WOMAN: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County
7:30 pm to 8:00 pm, LE believe she was out jogging.
Sheriff: boyfriend and brothers of Mollie Tibbetts aren't suspects
10:00 pm, Mollie's boyfriend opens a snap chat from her, there is no indication of when it was sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric