Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect she had planned to let her brother know she needed a ride (not sure why that wasnt already arranged when he dropped her off) when she was at her mom’s for dinner but she was taken during her walk there and didn’t have the opportunity to speak to either her mom or bro about work transportation the next day. As far as the dogs - I bet she put them downstairs when she left to eat at her mom’s meaning they were inside for a long time. Investigators would have found evidence of that. This makes her no show for dinner and the ride situation make sense. I also bet her Snapchat was sent before her walk to her mom’s, boyfriend just didn’t open it up until 10. But why the focus on 9:45 by investigators? That has me puzzled. Thoughts? I haven’t seen anything explaining that.
Also, I don’t put much stock in the contacts/ glasses angle. I bet she had a pair of contacts in and had just left her last pair still in the solution. I used to do that all the time before I had coorective surgery.

I’ll upload a pic in a bit, but - I don’t know! My best guess is 2 sherrif dept, 2 fed, 1 DCI and 1 I have no idea.

SharonNeedles - you are a gem! Your reports are great! Thanks for doing this.

114039-b0a70bab68d897240be65ed7d9470f12.jpg

Photo courtesy of More than the Mohs Scale – Understanding Gem Durability

Attachments

• gemstones.jpg
    gemstones.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 6
What about the dogs?

Well, that theory, which isn't particularly backed up by MSM, but does sound possible to me, has her running over to her mother's place, red work shirt in a bag. She plans to eat dinner there, sleep there, take the car in the morning, and stop by her boyfriends house to give the dogs their morning walk.

And...she's attacked on the way there.

This theory doesn't explain the glasses/contacts being left at her boyfriend's house. But, it's easy for me to believe that she had an extra pair of glasses.

Well, that theory, which isn't particularly backed up by MSM, but does sound possible to me, has her running over to her mother's place, red work shirt in a bag. She plans to eat dinner there, sleep there, take the car in the morning, and stop by her boyfriends house to give the dogs their morning walk.

This theory doesn't explain the glasses/contacts being left at her boyfriend's house. But, it's easy for me to believe that she had an extra pair of glasses.
Good theory. I hadn’t thought of the potential of her planning to sleep at her mom’s. That way her brother doesn’t have to get up so early to take her. Just odd that they wouldn’t have already talked about this when they knew they have to share the car!

How much corn? You couldn't even imagine. And not just corn, soy beans too. In tonight's journey I drove from Brooklyn to Hwy 21 south to Deep River where they were searching. If that's their search radius, it's already impossible. With a thousand volunteers it's impossible.

The good news - there's NO WAY they just expanded the search radius to the farms and fields down by Deep River. There are so many locations even right in that area that look like somebody needs to be searching. So why are they stuck around the same location in Deep River? They've got to have something solid that's telling them this is a spot they need to be interested in.

Please check in with me... thanks

If she was planning to drive from her mother's place, I would think she'd also bring her ID/license with her and most likely be wearing corrective lenses. I don't believe she has an extra pair of glasses or contacts that neither her mother nor her BF knew about. MOO

Iowa DPS: 48 people missing in Iowa in last 10 days

I was just reading about this as well. It does seem like a larger-than-normal amount for Iowa. I'm wondering if that is why there are so many FBI involved with Mollie's case? Maybe some of these missing persons could be connected to each other?
If we use 2017 statistics 651,226 people had missing persons reports entered into NCIC. That is 1,784 per day on average.
Number of missing person files in the U.S. from 1990-2016 | Statistic

It is important to keep in mind that not all cases get entered into NCIC so the actual number of missing persons reported in a given year is higher.

And so many are in the 15-20 age range...it seemed. I don't know the area so I don't know how many of those missing are from areas close to each other, but that does seem like a lot?

Typically a large portion of missing teens end up being runaways for a day or two and then being found or coming home. Any idea if this number is typical or abnormal?

If she was planning to drive from her mother's place, I would think she'd also bring her ID/license with her and most likely be wearing corrective lenses. I don't believe she has an extra pair of glasses or contacts that neither her mother nor her BF knew about. MOO

Yes. I agree. Only thing I can think is she accidentally left her wallet, intending to pick it up when she went to let the dogs out and that she had another pair of contacts that the others arent aware of. It is odd and baffling. But if she was taken from the house, you’d think there’d be signs of a struggle.

The site went belly up for me so just getting back to editing this lol. All I can say is dysfunction comes in all shapes, sizes and colors. It doesn't matter if your family lives in poverty or if you come from money. (If you're appealing to someone) anybody, almost anywhere can be targeted either by trickery or by force. The stigma of violent crimes against African Americans and people of color is changing in this country if it wasn't apparent by the media coverage of cases like Trayvon Martin and etc, not that he's entirely related but it is changing, slowly.

Human traffickers are luring their victims rather than abducting them. But abductors are absolutely out thereThey post bogus job ads, use other girls to befriend, etc. We know Mollie uses social media a lot. We know she lived in Brooklyn and worked in Grinnell, a larger town with a college.
They have to have something specific telling them she was there. There's so many cornfields or farms to search but theyve zeroed in on this area about 15 mins out of BKN for the last 24 hours or so.
I wonder if something belonging to Mollie was found in or by the road.

Yes. I agree. Only thing I can think is she accidentally left her wallet, intending to pick it up when she went to let the dogs out and that she had another pair of contacts that the others arent aware of. It is odd and baffling. But if she was taken from the house, you’d think there’d be signs of a struggle.

The thing that would make the most sense to me is that she put the dogs downstairs, left her wallet, glasses and contacts there and went for her run. After 15 minutes, give or take a few, someone she knew stopped and talked to her. He/she used some ruse to get her to go with him/her (I'm sticking with him for the rest of this post.) They may have ended up at his house, or somewhere else that didn't make her too uncomfortable/suspicious. When she sent the SC to DJ, it may have set the person off. He may have hit her out of anger that she'd do that when she was with him, or it could have been a different type of assault on her. Whether he killed her there or just knew he'd have real problems if he just let her go, he took her in his vehicle to a place more isolated (it would most likely be dark by then) and either dumped her body or murdered her there and left her. Of course, if it was up to me, he would have taken her phone, gave her drugs to knock her out and put her on a plane to Hawaii or something. :rolleyes:

OMG they went back after 5 with dogs to one of the farms.

Praying like crazy for Mollie
I just heard about this case when going to yahoo to login to my emails. I watched a tiny little segment and only know the basics. I'm praying for Mollie. Those corn fields are the worst! Reminds of the case last year or a couple of years ago with the guy on the motorcycle and the barn of horrors.

Their honing in on pig farms is concerning :(

I have read so much lately I can't keep anything straight and I'm exhausted from catching up tonight....but I thought somewhere it was discussed that the Fitbit info led investigators to this current site their searching. I know I remember thinking.. when my brain was working a bit better earlier today...maybe someone tossed it out a window of a car in passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy