Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m almost so sick of them talking about this Fitbit for days and seeing these headlines. It makes it seems as though they have tracked her exactly but then they say they have to analyz it. Wish I knew what they had...I can’t imagine what the family is going through right now

I think a lot of it has to do with 'translating' the data that the FitBit is storing. I work with data output IRL (different industry altogether) - the data points it is spitting out isn't going to necessarily going to say Mollie ran 10 feet due north, turned right, ran half a mile until 7:35, etc. All of these probably just-numeric data points will need to be transformed into usable information. It can be time-consuming and frustrating, especially if they've never had to use it in this capacity before. It doesn't seem like a FitBit has been used in this manner before, off the top of my head. It is different from the data just being fed into the pre-designed apps that can almost instantly give you your running and sleeping stats.

Another thing the Fitbit could do is tell if you went to sleep and how well you slept. If they see she never slept that’s huge. The clothing newly described might have been what she was wearing in the Snapchat sent to BF. If somebody had come to the door she perhaps threw on the red shirt to answer it since it was handy. So there are possibly reasons other than getting ready for work the red shirt went missing.

I think a lot of it has to do with 'translating' the data that the FitBit is storing. I work with data output IRL (different industry altogether) - the data points it is spitting out isn't going to necessarily going to say Mollie ran 10 feet due north, turned right, ran half a mile until 7:35, etc. All of these probably just-numeric data points will need to be transformed into usable information. It can be time-consuming and frustrating, especially if they've never had to use it in this capacity before. It doesn't seem like a F

Thank you for explaining it in more detail.

. Again this would tell heart rate if not location and how many steps she went before it stopped collecting data.

But it would only reveal data to the point of the last sync with the app on her phone. And a sync with her FitBit may not have occurred while she was running. When I bike, I use the "Map My Ride" app, but that app is open and running on my phone. So I'm hoping she had some other app tracking her run, but I'm guessing at this point LE would know that. Hopefully they have more than we think they do. :(

Just catching up on a few pages and a post (can’t remember who’s) made me think about something...
I know we have rehashed the frustration of not knowing how she planned to get to work in the morning (and that no one else seems to know), and that it may not be worrisome to her mom that she didn’t show for dinner, ***BUT wouldn’t she have needed transportation to her moms for dinner if that was the plan? Was one of her brothers supposed to drive her or had they discussed, or assumed that she would come on foot? She does not have a vehicle at this point either, soooo what was the plan? I’m guessing it was for her to come on foot because someone would have followed up or arrived to the boyfriends house to pick her up if not, correct? This bugs me as much as her unknown plans to get to work in the morning, unless it has already been answered.

IMOO

I have been watching this thread but used to comment on Sydney Loofes thread.
I know LE has said they have zeroed in on mollies digital footprint, and I know people have said the Fitbit only tracks steps taken. I think maybe this is why they are searching multiple areas south, they may have caught her on a business camera heading south and her footprints pretty much stopped around the areas they are searching. Either they are searching for a body/ items of mollie/ and or a crime scene (if there are any of those).
I feel strongly she was abducted by a sick stranger myself, someone who came across in nice and in need of help but turned out to have bad intentions. Just throwing my 2 cents in.

But it would only reveal data to the point of the last sync with the app on her phone. And a sync with her FitBit may not have occurred while she was running. When I bike, I use the "Map My Ride" app, but that app is open and running on my phone. So I'm hoping she had some other app tracking her run, but I'm guessing at this point LE would know that. Hopefully they have more than we think they do. :(
I think she made it home from running due to the Snapchat to BF...who would send a Good Night Snapchat at 7:30 pm before their run? Something happened after that...perhaps lured outside...perhaps picked up by somebody she knew...or they just dropped by. I hope they were able to glean something from it.

Just catching up on a few pages and a post (can’t remember who’s) made me think about something...
I know we have rehashed the frustration of not knowing how she planned to get to work in the morning (and that no one else seems to know), and that it may not be worrisome to her mom that she didn’t show for dinner, ***BUT wouldn’t she have needed transportation to her moms for dinner if that was the plan? Was one of her brothers supposed to drive her or had they discussed, or assumed that she would come on foot? She does not have a vehicle at this point either, soooo what was the plan? I’m guessing it was for her to come on foot because someone would have followed up or arrived to the boyfriends house to pick her up if not, correct? This bugs me as much as her unknown plans to get to work in the morning, unless it has already been answered.

IMOO

Yes. Been my frustration since the very beginning. It seems it may be this info is being withheld on purpose. There’s so much we don’t know and I think the only reason is because it is part of a lead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo