Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
to each their own...for family I am sure the being alive in any condition is best, for a person themselves, I don't know, for me I think there are worse things than death.
I couldn't bare thinking my child was being held somewhere. I would have to be strongly medicated trying not to think of all the horrible things she could be going through.

Last edited:
The living outcome is the best outcome IMO.

Well I think the very best outcome is Mollie left of her own accord or left with some secret lover and they are in Mexico or something. But obviously that scenario is extremely unlikely based on what we know about Mollie and the situation.

If the abductor is someone who knew Mollie, they may be keeping her alive. But I think by now if that were the case that individual would have been on FBI's radar as the FBI combed through her contacts. More than likely this feels like a random lurker who stumbled upon Mollie while passing through town, in which case it's unlikely they would be keeping her alive.

It was a pretty clean abduction too. No real evidence. It's likely this individual has committed similar crimes before or will commit similar crimes in the future.

Yeah, a trucker would've likely gotten on the interstate rather than continued south. Unless it is a local route driver, like a farm/grain truck or something.

In any case, it seems like they have a handle on what probably occurred. Heck, they may even know precisely which vehicle and who was driving it. But without a witness corroborating that something suspicious occurred with the vehicle in question (slow moving, circling around, etc.) then a warrant is unlikely. So that may be all they are looking for in order for this case to blow wide open.

JMO.
I have supported the LE'S investigative efforts, from the onset. Defending them from various forms of criticism, and public frustration-with LE'S lack of
Public information. But It has been my stated opinion, that the investigation has progressed further, than some people's perceptions. IMO, LE is seeking corroborating information, to support what they have known for some time.
I couldn't bare thinking my child was being held somewhere. I would have to be strongly medicated trying not to think of all the horrible things she could be going though.

I couldn't bare thinking my child was being held somewhere. I would have to be strongly medicated trying not to think of all the horrible things she could be going though.

and if I understand correctly what this mothers edu and profession is she likely knows all to well the might and could be. I cant imagine she can park her mind for even a moment.

She's 20. No matter what happened, if she is alive people are resilient. She sounds extremely resilient. She has a psychology background. She has a huge family network. If anyone could recover from whatever, it would be someone with those traits/background as long as there is not some sort of major brain damage rendering a person incapable.moo
Sorry, but I strongly disagree, I have all those things as well, and much more of a background in psychology as she was only on her second year in psych. That means she only has a few courses out of the way. I have always considered myself a strong person. But if I was being held captive and unimaginable things were being done to me, I think I would have broken by now. Sorry, but I just can't see that. I hope to God If she is alive that she CAN survive this. I just don't believe this is the case.

You would be surprised what goes on at the bigger job sites. Lots of drugs which makes me wonder about the drug problems in rural IA towns. Here’s an example of 3 months ago. Had a job site in LA. Pretty big project. We had 32 total out there. A good chunk were my guys. 3 different trades - pipe welders, pipe fitters and millwrights. 2 days into the project one of my best employees texts me “please call me ASAP. It’s important.” This wasn’t an advance request. There was a huge drug problem down there. The foreman for the manufacturing plant’s wife worked there as well. She was selling meth, cocaine, pills and marijuana out of the tool room on breaks. I immediately drug tested all of my guys. 1 failed and I terminated. It’s a big issue out there.

My son is a union steamfitter who was sent this summer to a major Corps of Engineers construction project in the Midwest (> $2 billion). The day before he arrived, 34 laborers were expelled from the site for failing a snap test. Most were not union but made prevailing wage. Don't anyone kid yourself, drugs are firmly embedded into the daily lives of so many people, regardless of ethnicity, social strata or income. The big difference is usually the upper strata will get scrips for their meds and the lower strata will buy it off the street or manufacture it.

I have supported the LE'S investigative efforts, from the onset. Defending them from various forms of criticism, and public frustration-with LE'S lack of
Public information. But It has been my stated opinion, that the investigation has progressed further, than some people's perceptions. IMO, LE is seeking corroborating information, to support what they have known for some time.

Likewise

consider this. mollie is on her run, starts not to feel well, decides to take a short cut home, cuts across a field or woods, has a heart attack and dies. It happens with young people who are playing strenuous sports having no prior indications of a faulty heart. I think le should start the searches again
Extremely unlikely

to each their own...for family I am sure the being alive in any condition is best, for a person themselves, I don't know, for me I think there are worse things than death.

I've seen what trauma, both physical and emotional, that the human body can endure, and its horrific... I mean a human could be kept alive for decades in chains with the right tools. Think of that... I wouldn't wish that on anyone. The depravity of the human mind knows no bounds....

I keep thinking about Mollie's running clothes. If she made it back to DJ's and took a quick shower before heading to her Moms, she could have put the running clothes in a bag to take with her to her Moms house to wash. Do we know if any other clothes were missing?

i agree. they should start the searches again, or expand on them and ask for volunteers to help with searches. There was a poster going to ride around and film things again and was asking if there were any specific places anyone wanted searched/filmed. Anyone remember whom that was.
I think you are talking about Sharon Needles, but I believe there are still ongoing searches.

Not knowing what happened, is pure torture. Your mind runs through, all the possible scenarios. Wish I possessed the power, to I'd the perp's, from the onset.

The cold cases take it's toll, on the LE involved.

In the small rural town, in which I live, we have an resolved murder case.

It's been 35 YEARS now.

AND THE FOUR PERPS HAVE BEEN KNOWN FOR MANY YEARS!

The family has kept this case, in public's attention, from the origination.

This local people have been intimidated, by the main perp, since he was in his teens. Witnesses have refused to cooperate. The four perps freely live in the area, for 35 years now.

Justice has not been served!

Hope this MT case is resolved soon.

I keep thinking about Mollie's running clothes. If she made it back to DJ's and took a quick shower before heading to her Moms, she could have put the running clothes in a bag to take with her to her Moms house to wash. Do we know if any other clothes were missing?
I keep wondering about the earbuds. How do those possibly stay on her, where did they end up, were they utilized for other purposes, and have they been found at any of the red dots.

I'm starting to believe that LE is pretty confident that MT made it back to the house. And that LE either doesn't want to rule anything out by saying that they know she made it back to the house. Or they don't want the unidentified suspect to know that they know she made it back to the house. Think they are still counting on catching somebody that they interview in a lie that they can't explain away. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member