Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredibly sad news. I had signed out of my account for a few weeks because this was starting to be too much and I was starting to think the search could go on for a very long time. But I was so hopeful that she was going to be found alive. I hope and pray that if this was caused by another person, which looks that way IMO, that she fought like hell. I pray for her family, her loved ones, her friends, her community. I pray for justice in this case. After reading what a wonderful person Mollie was, I hope her parents know what a mark she left on this world. The world learned of this small town Iowa girl who was kind hearted and filled with love and compassion and the desire to help others.

I have a feeling that this won't drag on. I think it is one man, probably not well known to her, and he is still in the area. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already in custody. I don't think her location is meaningless; I think they knew to look there.

My theory is that it was a trucker. There's a Pilot truck stop with showers right off 80, between Brooklyn (where she lived) and Guernsey (where the body was found). Feel terrible for her friends and family, but I have a feeling this one may go without closure for a long time.

Respectfully, I don't think it was a trucker and I think we will have a name by the end of the day. MOO

My theory is that it was a trucker. There's a Pilot truck stop with showers right off 80, between Brooklyn (where she lived) and Guernsey (where the body was found). Feel terrible for her friends and family, but I have a feeling this one may go without closure for a long time.

So an 18 wheeler pulls several miles off the interstate to cruise through a one-horse town in the hope of finding a young girl to abduct, and nobody notices?

I'm not ruling anything out, but this scenario is highly unlikely.

Jmo but after five weeks, a cause of death may not be obvious at all...we may have to wait before her death is declared a homicide, even if the location leads to presumptions. I am surprised an official ID was made so quickly...maybe based on her phone, clothes, fit bit, etc?

Dear sweet Mollie, how my heart is breaking for your family. Your father said you were deeply spiritual and relied on prayer for comfort. You are safe in God’s hands. How they must be rejoicing in heaven. May your family find comfort in that and know that we join them in their grieving. You are such a beautiful soul. Your parents did a wonderful job, sweet one. You have made me appreciate the Mollie in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ