Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve followed a few dozen cases closesly on this site over the past six or so years ... starting with Devon Michael Davis. None of them end well ... and it’s really easy to become jaded. Mollie didn’t deserve whatever happened to her, Devon didn’t deserve cruel fate, the Skelton’s and Pratt’s didn’t deserve such cruel fathers, or Timothy Pitzen such a broken cruel mother.

But ... cruelty has always and will always exist. Sadly, to the victim, it can be very arbitrary.

I also think it’s important to remember that things are actually getting better. Violent crime rates are half of what they were 40 years ago. The murder rate in the US is back where it was in the 1950s (per capita). There are a lot of other potential mollies who are enjoying life today because things have improved, and I never want to lose sight of that.

I’m heartbroken for Mollie and her family. Another sad ending. I do hope they swiftly bring whoever was responsible to punishment.

They found the body in pitch darkness. So I think they have a suspect. Probably someone who had washed his car at the carwash

Phone location data could have been a factor. Such information dumps are thick with data that must be filtered and interpreted so it wouldn't be unusual for some period of time to pass before keying on locations extrapolated from that data.

Jmo but after five weeks, a cause of death may not be obvious at all...we may have to wait before her death is declared a homicide, even if the location leads to presumptions. I am surprised an official ID was made so quickly...maybe based on her phone, clothes, fit bit, etc?

Most likely dental records. Official ID would not be made on personal effects.

Jmo but after five weeks, a cause of death may not be obvious at all...we may have to wait before her death is declared a homicide, even if the location leads to presumptions. I am surprised an official ID was made so quickly...maybe based on her phone, clothes, fit bit, etc?

Dental records are often used to officially ID.

KCCI have just reported live on twitter @KCCINews the State Medical Examiner has just arrived at the possible location of the body.

This probably points to finding her very recently, like hours ago.

No information has been released about where the body was found. However, law enforcement have blocked off an area south and west of Guernsey, where KCCI has a news crew working to gather more information. A State Medical Examiner's Office vehicle was seen at that scene.
Body found believed to be Mollie Tibbetts, news conference planned

If she was found where a digital trail led them...they still might not have a suspect. Her phone may have narrowed down where she was without telling them how she got there. If an arrest comes today I admit I will be surprised...though I hope so as the sooner the better, as far as these cases go. If they do not have a suspect...we could be in for a long frustrating time ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it