DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FAA--posted NO FLIGHT ZONE Over Recovery area

small_8_3346.gif

8/3346 NOTAM Details

My map-reading skills aren’t the best, but there are 2 cemeteries in this area. One is the Guernsey Cemetery and the other is the Harmony Cemetery. I watch too many episodes of Criminal Minds but could the perp have hidden the body in plain sight? In a grave in a cemetery?

Is issuing a no flight zone normal? For some reason I find it odd for the US where they are more open to media?

Could there more to this case beyond poor Mollie?
Yeah, I would think pretty normal if they are going to be using helicopters to go in and out of the scene. I don't think this means anything and doesn't reflect on media access. I imagine it is purely safety related. IMO

O
FAA--posted NO FLIGHT ZONE Over Recovery area

small_8_3346.gif

8/3346 NOTAM Details

It is not closed now but will be in about 2 hours. There eill be relief aircraft. What are they hauling out of there. A body would be a small thing. And it’s closed for two nautical square miles at 2:20 this afternoon their time. That’s in a couple hours. It appears to be to far off the road to have been a car accident. At least where LE was seen walking on KCCI this morning. Mitt appears they are being very methodical about removing her remains. That’s good. There is a creek running very clean se to that area but it looked as though they were in a small hill.

I got it. The air space closure is because someone flew a drone overhead I guess being my age I don’t think in those terms
small_8_3346.gif

Last edited:
If LE was on site at 5am, that means it was 3 am on the west coast where Mr. Tibbetts lives. It breaks my heart that he got "that phone call" waking him in the middle of the night. A parents worst nightmare when the phone rings while you are sleeping.

Sadly, I’m sure her father hasn’t had much sleep in the last 5 weeks. Prayers to her loved ones.

Local times for press conference:
Eastern-5:00 p.m. (New York)
Central-4:00 p.m. (Iowa)
Mountain-3:00 p.m. (Denver, Colorado)
Pacific-2:00 p.m. (Los Angeles)
I hope this isn't too confusing. I just included areas that are in each time zone for reference.

Ugh, I was just skimming Twitter and saw the news. Devestated for her family and friends :(

What is going on in the world? Ive been following this case, Shanann's and Samantha Eastwood's. All incredibly sad and have felt like a kick to the stomach hearing the outcomes :(

Good thought! LE could have been keeping an eye on the area too.

If it’s a wooded area maybe someone had a trail camera and they noticed some activity when they checked on it.

Good thought.

I checked iowa’s hunting schedule and pretty much starts sept, so it would make sense to have cams & check now for routines in animal movement.

I have my pilot license and subscribe to FAA and pilot alert lists to places I’ve flown. I got an alert for a temp flight restriction nearby Mollie’s town. Is this anywhere near where they are looking for evidence, if we know where that is? Maybe keeping out media helicopters?

8/3346 NOTAM Details
Is this common in this type of situation?

I seriously doubt it was hit and run. Correct me if I am wrong but round trip distance looks to be about 25 miles, and even addicted runners don't tend to run 25 miles in a day. somehow I don't see someone putting a body in their vehicle and filling it with the body's DNA to drive it to a location to hide it. Anything is possible but I think if it is a young college woman the odds go much more toward a sex-based crime

Phone location data.[/QUO

Yes I understand that the "phone location data" would put them in this general area but I doubt that they would even be searching that area without specific information and the benefit of daylight to aid said search.

Un
I disagree with a drunk driver hit unless she was found only a few feet from the side of a road and unless she was actually found on a jogging route she would have taken.
If she got hit and was disoriented she could end up anywhere.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised by the outcome. I was sure she was dead, and almost as sure she was somewhere south of Guernsey. I wish I was at least half as sure of who was responsible, but I wouldn't even want to venture a guess at this point. R.I.P. Mollie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29