Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if she was jogging or near a truck route?
Cannot verify either way yet, working on it.
Trucks are everywhere tho. Literally. Not always on a specific dedicated route.
The "outlaw" truckers don't really use gps with any company in reality. They are in touch with "backhaul Paul" so they can pick up a less-than-truckload so they don't run empty.
They can be our greatest searchers.
They can be our worst nightmares.
The girls/women that end up in the sleeper in their trucks don't come back.....ever IMHO. They are disposed of after being savaged or traded off at meeting spots like "banana puddin" as they call them.
Dang dang dang I wish I cussed.... :( :( :(
ETA anyone got an exact street name Mollie was running on? TIA if you do.

Why not show up at moms for dinner?
Where's the red shirt?
How was she planning on getting to work in the morning?
Why not call into work?

I would say something happened that evening.
I'll bet the red shirt missing has nothing to do with her disappearance.

Gitana1: Perfectly stated.

I've been approached too many times--males deliberately walking in front of me, cocky-looking, staring. My usual response is "**** off".

I was approached by a homeless person not long ago, asking for the time. When I refused to give it to him, he got hostile. My verbal response would have made ears singe.

I've started carrying a stun gun and pepper spray. I may invest in a portable knife like the one you wear when jogging.

We can't afford to be victims. Ever.

I wear mirrored sunglasses, which can project the idea that I'm not approachable. It helps.

And don't be afraid to use your phone to photograph someone who looks intimidating as they approach you. Keep it set to "emergency" mode.

Sometimes homeless people do get aggressive. I was in Nashville, TN a couple weeks ago, and an aggressive panhandler shoved his hand in my face. I just ignored him and walked away. I do buy homeless people food, but I never give them money. I try not to be mean to people who are struggling. At the end of the day, we all are people.

This ride in the morning to work has my interest. Wouldn't someone know what her plan was to get to work? Does she take the bus or Uber sometimes?

We haven't heard anything about how she was getting to work, as far as I know. We did hear, back in Thread 1, maybe, that there's no Uber or Lyft in the area.

One does not exist. The information released from LE has been bare bones, and the reporting terrible. Investigative journalism is dead, the news consists of a enticing headline, designed to get maximum website hits. Fact checking/proofing isn't done because it's all about how fast you can get it out there.

Yeah, it;s been horrible. I think it;s the era of everyone wanting everything instantly and not having attention spans, coupled with loss of revenue to news agencies/newspapers due to the shift from print to online, so much to choose from but no one wanting to look at ads.

They are all struggling to compete. They try to get their articles online as quick as possible. Accuracy has woefully suffered.

That's why I wish we could have a living post that compiles all actual quotes and official, published statements, rather than interpretations by the media.

Other than rumors, haven't seen confirmation on the fitbit data being the basis of the farm searches.

Although the timing of LE acknowledging they had the fitbit data and that it was helpful and the searches might imply that it was the fitbit data that led them to the farms.

I believe the farms were 15+ miles south of Brooklyn.

Thanks. I was trying to see if she could have had the farms on her jogging route but that's too far I would imagine. So the Fitbit or phone or a tip could have led them there.

MOO

I was reared in a small town and I have lived in many smaller towns until my employment took me to progressively larger urban centers. Folks in a smaller community keep an eye on things. Why? Well they are both concerned and nosy. They will look if Billy got a new truck or Sue got a large delivery or if someone else put in landscaping or whatever. They notice an unusual vehicle; strangers; they would notice someone acting unusually. Out of place. Driving slow. Driving fast. Maybe even parked up somewhere. It's not an entirely different concept than a neighborhood watch, in which observant residents keep an eye out for strange vehicles or people or both. Had there been a visible deviation from the usual run of the mill patterns of life that day in Brooklyn, someone would have seen or heard something. I counted at least 70 street facing houses on one of the suggested running routes to her mother's home. This would have been after most people got home from work. It was a pleasant evening, a slight breeze and maybe 75 degrees. People would have been out mowing or mingling, talking over the fence, maybe washing the truck or hosing off the riding mower. If it was a Wednesday, perhaps some attended local church services. The fact she could be snatched undetected in that setting I believe will result in robust sales of locks, security cameras and guns in the community.

Why not show up at moms for dinner?
Where's the red shirt?
How was she planning on getting to work in the morning?
Why not call into work?

I would say something happened that evening.
I'll bet the red shirt missing has nothing to do with her disappearance.

Either she misplaced that shirt or it’s there but LE and family didn’t see it, or it was disposed of by whoever likely took her because he or she knows she needs it the next morning for work to throw everyone off even family

We haven't heard anything about how she was getting to work, as far as I know. We did hear, back in Thread 1, maybe, that there's no Uber or Lyft in the area.

Anyone not show for work either on that same day ? I guess LE would check that.

I believe they were headed to the county fair with the kids the next day. Also, were all staff and kids meeting at the showground or heading there in a bus from the workplace?

Last edited:
I haven't heard much about her job, and the people she worked with there except the article where it said the kids missed her.

Locals: What do you know about the day camp? Is it attached to the hospital or a separate entity? Was the location separate from, or right on the hospital campus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo