Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just came to my attention that the "Finding Mollie Tibbetts" FB turned off comments after the following announcement from family member. I presume LE/Investigators are coaching family on what is best for Mollie. For all we know, and given all the interest in Mollie's tech devices and accounts, the focus may be on a suspect with high degree of knowledge of these things. Unfortunately, this is the age of techno-stalkers. Please take notice and think before you post:

Hello everyone -

On behalf of all of us who are Mollie’s family, I want to thank you all for your help, sharing, ideas and prayers. Your love and energy have been nothing short of miraculous to see.

As you know, we have several investigators helping us try to find our girl. These folks are experts at their jobs and we have faith in all their efforts and decisions. As we get updates from the investigation team, please know that we will share what we can. I know it can be frustrating not to have new information - we feel that too. But we need to balance the needs and integrity of the investigation against the public nature of this group. We ask for your understanding and patience. (bbm)

Along those lines, we need to keep speculation and specific suggestions about tech issues to a minimum. Please, we ask that you continue your efforts to share Mollie”s information, by social media media and the paper flyers. However, if you have suggestions or experience that connect to investigation ideas or suggestions about tech, we ask that you reach out to me directly, off this page. You can PM me or email me at smurphy@bwjp.org. If you are uncertain, please go the private route first.

We thank you all for understanding our request. We remain in awe and indebted to the help, creativity, outreach and love that you have shown Mollie and all of us.
Please keep sharing Mollie’s information so we can bring our girl safely home.

Also, Sheriff Office set up new email account for any leads for Mollie Tibbetts investigation:
tips@poweshiekcosheriff.com

I posted something similar in the last thread but I will do it again shorter... some things to consider for those who haven’t experienced country living.

1. Texting/social media- specifically her boyfriend. He most likely isn’t the typical 19/20 year old city kid who lives on his phone. He probably works 10 hard hours and texts infrequently I’d be willing to bet he has Snapchat only for Mollie. So him falling asleep before 10 and not being on social media is 100% normal in my opinion.
2. You don’t just jog through a cornfield- try it, you’ll make it five rows at best unless you are dressed accordingly.
3. Not showing up for dinner- dinner is always an open invitation. I haven’t been to my grandparents for non Sunday dinner in 15 years, if I showed up unannounced it really is no thing, their will be food, if I text and ask what’s for dinner and grandma responds I don’t think she’d expect me to show up, and she wouldn’t call or text me ever to see why I didn’t show up
4. Regarding witnesses, my grandparents know when someone buys a new car, puts an addition on their house, gets divorced,etc... a girl running in a sports bra and shorts would get a 2nd look in their area they would remember we would hear about “ did you see X jogging in X on X”.... they are just nosey people watching is 80% of their entertainment, good or bad it’s just how it is.

Having lived extreme country farming community, small town, city and suburb Life has taught me the VAST differences.

Please respect these people especially the mom and the witness, you don’t have to believe me but it’s normal.

i have said that many times
I agree these cases seem similar (disappearances of Jodi Huisentruit (from Brooklyn, Iowa too), Rachel Cooke, Holly Bobo, Mollie), in that a young woman was abducted early in the morning near or at their homes. There are SOOOO many young women abducted in the early morning :( and/or while out jogging!!
No one knows yet when Mollie disappeared (that night or early morning), but I definitely think she was abducted somewhere in that timeframe by someone who either knew her or saw her running or walking around town as they were passing through.

Re the family/friends searching cornfields again, I think that's something they're doing because LE is no longer looking for her there since she was last seen "on city streets" meaning in town in a residential/commercial neighborhood in Brooklyn, not on more rural roads/near cornfields. However, if they find something of Mollie's that was discarded along those roads/fields, that would be fantastic, it's just that LE is focusing their searches in other areas where they have tips of data indicating they should check out (like the hog farms and Deep river area they were searching last week). Apparently there are no tips or leads on Mollie possibly being near or in any cornfields, so LE is not able to tackle them on foot since they're so extensive, but they have searched some of them via airplane and maybe drone, but said they corn is so dense, that can't really see if anything is beneath it. Kudos to the family & friends who are going to try to search them on foot. Hopefully they will find something leading to Mollie's whereabouts!!!

Last edited:
Why not show up at moms for dinner?
Where's the red shirt?
How was she planning on getting to work in the morning?
Why not call into work?

I would say something happened that evening.
I'll bet the red shirt missing has nothing to do with her disappearance.
If somebody showed up unannounced the night before and she had to answer the door she may have thrown the red shirt on if it was laid out ready for the next day...just to not answer the door in her sports bra...especially if it was a guy and dark out.

It just came to my attention that the "Finding Mollie Tibbetts" FB turned off comments after the following announcement from family member. I presume LE/Investigators are coaching family on what is best for Mollie. For all we know, and given all the interest in Mollie's tech devices and accounts, the focus may be on a suspect with high degree of knowledge of these things. Unfortunately, this is the age of techno-stalkers. Please take notice and think before you post:

Hello everyone -

On behalf of all of us who are Mollie’s family, I want to thank you all for your help, sharing, ideas and prayers. Your love and energy have been nothing short of miraculous to see.

As you know, we have several investigators helping us try to find our girl. These folks are experts at their jobs and we have faith in all their efforts and decisions. As we get updates from the investigation team, please know that we will share what we can. I know it can be frustrating not to have new information - we feel that too. But we need to balance the needs and integrity of the investigation against the public nature of this group. We ask for your understanding and patience. (bbm)

Along those lines, we need to keep speculation and specific suggestions about tech issues to a minimum. Please, we ask that you continue your efforts to share Mollie”s information, by social media media and the paper flyers. However, if you have suggestions or experience that connect to investigation ideas or suggestions about tech, we ask that you reach out to me directly, off this page. You can PM me or email me at smurphy@bwjp.org. If you are uncertain, please go the private route first.

We thank you all for understanding our request. We remain in awe and indebted to the help, creativity, outreach and love that you have shown Mollie and all of us.
Please keep sharing Mollie’s information so we can bring our girl safely home.

Also, Sheriff Office set up new email account for any leads for Mollie Tibbetts investigation:
tips@poweshiekcosheriff.com

If they fear someone with a degree of technical savvy is involved, then that person would have been capable of spoofing a snapchat pix or answering a text

Sandals? I find MSM mention several places. The newspaper posted some twitter messages. I assume we can carry that here. Chaco sandals are the athletic kind of sandal. Like a water shoe.

'She's a fighter': Community continues its search for missing University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts

"Mollie Tibbetts hasn’t been seen or heard from in nearly 24 hours. It is entirely unlike her to go off the grid like this & we are terribly worried about her. She may be in a HS athletic tshirt, denim shorts & chaco sandals. Her phone is off/dead & she’s without her car."

If they fear someone with a degree of technical savvy is involved, then that person would have been capable of spoofing a snapchat pix or answering a text

I hope LE can subpoena Snapchat records and find out what time MT sent it, and perhaps even GPS coordinates of where she was. I can't help but feel like that is a huge puzzle piece that would help the investigation.

I wondered if it was to halt the possible contamination of a perp participating in a search, thereby having an excuse why their DNA was found?
LE said (reported in MSM) one reason they called off the initial search was because so many people (hundreds, some with their children in tow) showed up for the searches, so fewer people were at home for LE when they went to interview people door to door in the neighborhood to investigate if anyone saw anything. Could have been other reasons, but I think that's all they said publicly.

Exactly! Perhaps even spoofing days of conversation with MT before her disappearance.

Last edited:
I agree both cases seem similar in that a young woman was abducted early in the morning near or at their homes. There are SOOOO many young women abducted in the early morning :( !!
No one knows yet when Mollie disappeared (that night or early morning), but I definitely think she was abducted somewhere in that timeframe by someone who either knew her or saw her running or walking around town as they were passing through.

Re the family/friends searching cornfields again, I think that's something they're doing because LE is no longer looking for her there since she was last seen "on city streets" meaning in town in a residential/commercial neighborhood in Brooklyn, not on more rural roads/near cornfields. However, if they find something of Mollie's that was discarded along those roads/fields, that would be fantastic, it's just that LE is focusing their searches in other areas where they have tips of data indicating they should check out (like the hog farms and Deep river area they were searching last week). Apparently there are no tips or leads on Mollie possibly being near or in any cornfields, so LE is not able to tackle them on foot since they're so extensive, but they have searched some of them via airplane and maybe drone, but said they corn is so dense, that can't really see if anything is beneath it. Kudos to the family & friends who are going to try to search them on foot. Hopefully they will find something leading to Mollie's whereabouts!!!

I was just thinking. If the corn is soooo dense they won't have to go in far. Just a few rows but probably miles of 'a few rows'.

One more thing, my daughters daycare has “red shirts”too. They have her “daycare name” summer camp and the year. They are everywhere in every color from previous years. Last year was red shirt, there is still 3 boxes left of varying Sizes for kids and staff. They get used after the year for art and food clothes covers when the year is over. I assume this is a common thing, so I put very little energy into the red shirt, because not having, losing it, etc. is literally no thing, I hope I explained this right.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho