Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, same. Cornfields freak me out. I have only ever been in a corn maze but I didn’t like it. Plus that movie Field of Dreams scared the crap out of me when I was a kid and was sure people would come out of our thick hedges, so cornfields really scare me.
I think they have those sensor things on airplanes that can pick up sorry...a body...in a cornfield. Does anybody remember anybody missing that was found in a cornfield?

I've never seen a corn field in person in my life - I don't think I have a true grasp of the actual size of these fields or the magnitude even of a scaled-back volunteer operation that would be needed to search them at that depth. I wonder if they could handle the logistics of it, even with the additional FBI support.
Here is a small picture of the cornfields
upload_2018-7-28_14-43-53.png
Fitbit data scanned for missing US jogger

LE has been focusing on MT's "Fitbit data" as a key element in their investigation. That implies LE is particularly interested in MT's walk/run/jog path(s) and who lives along or commonly travels that/those path(s). That a body has not been discovered (in such vast a open area) likely is cause for LE to believe MT might still be alive and being held against her will in a dwelling along that/those path(s).

Also, MT's "Fitbit data" might reveal significant heart rate changes that could indicate a stressful event(s) that occurred during her travel that evening, providing LE a time/time range on which to focus. That time range would enable LE to focus on who was where and doing what within that time range.

Last edited:
I'm really curious the state of the house that LE found it in. Were the lights off, like she was about to go to sleep? Was there evidence that she had eaten dinner there, like a plate of food left out, or a take-out container (which would indicate that she decided not to go to her mom's for dinner)? Were the dogs locked in the basement, or were they running loose? Did it seem like she had showered/gotten ready (which we seem to indicate she made it back from a run, and showered)? Did she have earbuds/headphones that she normally wore while running (making it difficult to hear Hopefully, LE knows these things and it can help deduce if she made it home from her jog, or if she likely disappeared while out running.

Another case this is so similar to is Rachel Cooke, in Texas. She was visiting her parents while on break from college, and went for a run. She hasn't been seen since. These cases are just heartbreaking.

I'm really curious the state of the house that LE found it in. Were the lights off, like she was about to go to sleep? Was there evidence that she had eaten dinner there, like a plate of food left out, or a take-out container (which would indicate that she decided not to go to her mom's for dinner)? Were the dogs locked in the basement, or were they running loose? Did it seem like she had showered/gotten ready (which we seem to indicate she made it back from a run, and showered)? Did she have earbuds/headphones that she normally wore while running (making it difficult to hear Hopefully, LE knows these things and it can help deduce if she made it home from her jog, or if she likely disappeared while out running.

Another case this is so similar to is Rachel Cooke, in Texas. She was visiting her parents while on break from college, and went for a run. She hasn't been seen since. These cases are just heartbreaking.
speaking of racheal cooke they found the car in that case they were looking for

Mollie Tibbetts pics,FBI tracks missing Iowa the student's Fitbit
View attachment 140172
The extensive search efforts near her home have so far been unsuccessful. Footage from KCRG shows hundreds of people preparing to search corn fields on foot

Mollie Tibbetts pics,FBI tracks missing Iowa the student's Fitbit

Hi all- been lurking and have read all the threads. I played softball growing up and to the left of the corn fields in this picture that definitely looks like the outfield of a softball field. We always had those yellow plastic covers over the outfield fences so that you didn’t get injured running into them<modsnipped rumor> I am as hopeful as anyone, but if they are searching fields, I unfortunately don’t think they expect to find her alive in there. But maybe it is a Fitbit/phone recovery mission.

Last edited by a moderator:
speaking of racheal cooke they found the car in that case they were looking for
Oh my goodness! I had no idea! I just looked it up and you're absolutely right. I pray that this development is a step closer to bringing forth justice and closure for Rachel's family. I've seen interviews of Rachel's parents (tragic that her father has since past) and sister, and they seem like such wonderful people. They deserve answers.

If she's buried in a cornfield, they may never find her. Sierah Joughin's grave was found only because her bicycle was found in a cornfield nearby. I'd love to know if Mollie often rode a bicycle.
If she's buried in a cornfield the corn will be disturbed and a huge red flag. There is no way at this time of year that it would go unnoticed. It's so dense and tall that you can't bury someone between rows, there's just no way. Speaking as a lifelong child of the corn!! Ha ha.

Oh my goodness! I had no idea! I just looked it up and you're absolutely right. I pray that this development is a step closer to bringing forth justice and closure for Rachel's family. I've seen interviews of Rachel's parents (tragic that her father has since past) and sister, and they seem like such wonderful people. They deserve answers.
i think they found it im an impound lot

The main point I was trying to convey; never be compliant, if you get in that car and leave the scene, you are more than likely (90%) going to die.
This is all worthwhile advice and I thank you for sharing.
As LE in UK, another piece of advice I give is that if you are unable to fight sufficiently and find yourself bundled into the boot/trunk of the car then if possible, get your legs and feet in a position so that you can kick out at one of the rear light/brake light units on either the near side or offside of the car. The reason for doing so is that in the event that you are able to kick it sufficiently that the light is dislodged from its housing then you will be able to poke your foot/leg out of the car and hopefully if a car is behind the car that you have been bundled into, they will see your foot/leg sticking out and it will cause them sufficient concern to report it immediately to LE or at the very least, make a note of the vehicle identification plate number for recall later if needed.

I read and follow a lot of different things

Based on what I've read in this thread--the dogs were shut up in the basement. We haven't heard anything to indicate the state of the dogs--food, water, poop, to show how long they'd been locked up.

Evidently, she wore her phone fastened to her arm, with wireless earbuds.

To the best of my knowledge, no one's even hinted at answers to your other questions, on this forum, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PIBrilliant