Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care.

"Hey you dropped something!!!" is far different from a man walking toward me, when I'm alone, "Excuse me, ma'am..."

People can get offended by this as much as they want. I was taught how not be a victim. Women are too polite. We are socialized to be so. Even here, in a thread about a young woman who disappeared, I am being subtly scolded about not being polite. That's the socialization that teaches women we need to be pleasing, compliant, polite, acquiescing.

I'm not a victim and that's because I learned how to protect myself.

Our lives are at stake. I'd rather lose a wallet than my life.
I wish I could like this 1000 times. I heart you, Gitana. I just heart you.

I could have sworn I read that in an article... This one Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline just indicates that's what he aunt thinks, so maybe that's why I thought I read that. My apologies, I don't mean to be misleading. I'll try to find another source that addresses if LE thinks she returned home after a run.
No worries. We've had so many things thrown around in this case that are contradictive I question everything I read.

I’m surprised no one mentioned the similarity to the Jodi Huisentruit case. The POI in that case used to live in Brooklyn on Holiday Lake. I believe that was before he moved to Newton and then moved to Mason City. I’ve heard he still owned the property in Brooklyn when he was living in Mason City, and that is probably where the ‘Jodi’ boat was stored. I saw a post that he sold the property in 1995.

Report: Police serve search warrant connected to Jodi Huisentruit cold case

LE has been focusing on MT's "Fitbit data" as a key element in their investigation. That implies LE is particularly interested in MT's walk/run/jog path(s) and who lives along or commonly travels that/those path(s). That a body has not been discovered (in such vast a open area) likely is cause for LE to believe MT might still be alive and being held against her will in a dwelling along that/those path(s).

im talking about when they had him on camera doing a u turn and said he was not a suspect just a witness
Just a kind request....when talking about other cases on this thread, please be really clear in your comments that you're not referring to Mollie's case. It can get confusing. Many thanks! (not meaning to tell anyone how to post, but trying to keep the case straight)

jmo

I’m surprised no one mentioned the similarity to the Jodi Huisentruit case. The POI in that case used to live in Brooklyn on Holiday Lake. I believe that was before he moved to Newton and then moved to Mason City. I’ve heard he still owned the property in Brooklyn when he was living in Mason City, and that is probably where the ‘Jodi’ boat was stored. I saw a post that he sold the property in 1995.

Report: Police serve search warrant connected to Jodi Huisentruit cold case

You're right, the similarities are eerie. It also reminds me somewhat of the Holly Bobo case. :(

so your saying she let the dogs out, ran all the way down past her moms, around the time she was going to eat, then back to the house to stay the night

Yes. Well, I don’t know how she would get back but I think she planned to sleep at her boyfriend’s house. It’s been said she was staying with the dogs and essentially lived with him when she was not at school. Where has she been staying in the previous nights?

Who knows for sure, though. None of this makes sense.

I agree. And yes, I realize how much corn there is. But even just searching the perimeter (maybe 30 feet deep) of fields nearby? But this is only feasible if volunteer help is allowed... and perhaps that isn't allowable?
Mollie Tibbetts pics,FBI tracks missing Iowa the student's Fitbit
upload_2018-7-28_14-36-18.png
The extensive search efforts near her home have so far been unsuccessful. Footage from KCRG shows hundreds of people preparing to search corn fields on foot

Mollie Tibbetts pics,FBI tracks missing Iowa the student's Fitbit

Yes. Well, I don’t know how she would get back but I think she planned to sleep at her boyfriend’s house. It’s been said she was staying with the dogs and essentially lived with him when she was not at school. Where has she been staying in the previous nights?

cases like this never do until their solved

unfortunately i think she is in the cornfield somewhere, if it ends up that way.

all im saying is were assuming she was supposed to stay the whole night and im saying she ran first, let dogs out, locked them back up, showered while waiting for a ride back to her moms.

Yep, same. Regardless of how she got to her mom’s or how she was planning to get back to her boyfriend’s, I think she planned to sleep at the bf’s house. It sounds like most of her stuff to get ready for the day was there if they knew where to look for glasses and contacts and things.

I agree. And yes, I realize how much corn there is. But even just searching the perimeter (maybe 30 feet deep) of fields nearby? But this is only feasible if volunteer help is allowed... and perhaps that isn't allowable?

The sheriff de Poweshiek County Tom Kriegel said that this is the longest dispersed person investigating that the agricultural city of 1,500 people had to do. Spent the last five days working in fields, barns, warehouses and building near the home of the missing girl. Kayaks continue to search in the nearby rivers.

Search for Iowa college student continues after she vanished on a jog

Social media will give us new leads. I know they have to subpoena those records. I swea kids now days text everything to each other and their family. I think they have a whole lot of information about what she did, where she went, what time, her plans. But then it stops and the mystery begins.

We know she didn't make it to her mom's house and she was seen walking after 7:30 p.m. We don't know for sure where she was going at that time. She also didn't show up for work the next morning. What else do we know? To me that's all we know. Her intentions were not accomplished. I believe she was stopped from carrying out her goals that night before 8:00.

unfortunately i think she is in the cornfield somewhere, if it ends up that way.

Yep, same. Cornfields freak me out. I have only ever been in a corn maze but I didn’t like it. Plus that movie Field of Dreams scared the crap out of me when I was a kid and was sure people would come out of our thick hedges, so cornfields really scare me.

I have been reading about Mollie's case, but have not read every single post in all 4 threads. So, I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.
I keep seeing that Mollie was going with the children to the county fair. Was this fair in Brooklyn? And, is it the type of fair or carnival that travels from place to place - thus bringing in a lot of non-locals? Could Mollie have been abducted by one of these people?
I never would take my kids to fairs or carnivals. IMO, some of the people look like they just got out of rehab and not cause they passed. Not all are sketchy, but enough to make me deprive (as my children like to say) them of fairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho