Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone here local that can shed any light on what the feel has been the last couple days? Lots of police activity visible or no? Last we heard was something about searching near ball fields. Not asking for specifics, but more if there is any active searching happening or activity you all are aware of?

If you can see the google maps that have been posted, you can see exactly the route and the road. It's actually pretty neat how you can actually follow the route she may have taken and see what she would have saw running along. It also gave me chills to see it like that because it looks like a normal town and like places I have ran or would think are safe to do so without fear of anything bad happening to me.
i cant do anything because i do most stuff on my phone it is being stupid

I agree. And yes, I realize how much corn there is. But even just searching the perimeter (maybe 30 feet deep) of fields nearby? But this is only feasible if volunteer help is allowed... and perhaps that isn't allowable?
There is a picture, I will look for the source which shows searchers searching the perimeter of a cornfield.

Do we even know if she was suppose to spend the night at the house or just take care of the dogs. She could have got dropped off, went running, came back, let dogs out, showered. While waiting for a ride to take her back home. I know people assume she was running or walking back to her house.

Do we even know if she was suppose to spend the night at the house or just take care of the dogs. She could have got dropped off, went running, came back, let dogs out, showered. While waiting for a ride to take her back home. I know people assume she was running or walking back to her house.
Right. I've wondered is that was what she was doing because I think we're just speculating. As far as we know she walked over to friends house. We just don't know.

Is anyone here local that can shed any light on what the feel has been the last couple days? Lots of police activity visible or no? Last we heard was something about searching near ball fields. Not asking for specifics, but more if there is any active searching happening or activity you all are aware of?
We are about an hour away and as of this morning there is a large electronic billboard in the middle of the city with Mollie's info on it! Tears seeing that this morning.

im talking about when they had him on camera doing a u turn and said he was not a suspect just a witness

They immediately called him a POI. Not just a witness. But it was very clear from the warrants and timeline that the was their suspect.

• Rob Hess/ABC News
(BROOKLYN, Iowa) -- It's been 10 days since 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts mysteriously vanished in a rural Iowa town, but investigators say they haven't given up hope that they will find her alive.

"At this point, we don't know her exact whereabouts but we continue to look. We are hopeful that she is still alive and so we will continue to think that way until told otherwise," Richard Rahn, special agent in charge of the Iowa Department of Public Safety's Division of Criminal Investigation, told ABC News on Friday night.

Data from Tibbetts' FitBit, a GPS-enabled activity tracker, has been "helpful" and could be "key" in locating her, according to Rahn.

"It certainly helps in that we are able to help establish a timeline and that's certainly critical for any investigation like this," he added.

Rahn declined to say whether investigators have found her FitBit or if they know its location.

Rahn told ABC News it's "not uncommon" to go back to a site and conduct additional searches as tips come in. He declined to reveal what clues if any investigators may have found at the pig farm. But he said one thing is for certain -- Tibbetts isn't there.

"I can tell you she's not there. Aside from that, I'm not sure what I'm able to release, but she's certainly not there," Rahn said.

Authorities 'hopeful' missing University of Iowa student is 'still alive' as search enters 10th day

Oh I hope she's alive. It sounds like they found something.

The main point I was trying to convey; never be compliant, if you get in that car and leave the scene, you are more than likely (90%) going to die.

Yes. Absolutely. It's terrible advice to comply!!!!

Nobody would be ok with their dog sitter leaving dogs locked up in their basement from evening, all night and then the whole next day. Mollie basically lived there.

First-time poster in this thread, but I've been following this story since it broke. I don't know if this notion has been addressed or discussed yet, so my apologies if it has:

I think it's very possible that someone Mollie knew (e.g., her BF) told someone else that Mollie would be there dog sitting, and therefore that person knew she'd be alone. So, maybe BF's friend showed up, knocked on the door and said "Hey, I'm your boyfriend's friend. He said I could drop by and borrow something. Mind if I come in really quick?" and then attacked her/subdued her and took her. It's so scary to think of, but I feel like someone would have heard/seen something if she was grabbed off the street (which apparently LE doesn't think happened) or a stranger broke in.

Does anyone know if a source has confirmed there was no sign of a break-in or struggle?

Thank you. I keep thinking about the trip to the DR for the destination wedding. I'm sure they were looking forward to that. An adventure for a young couple going to a family wedding.
I KNOW. I keep thinking about how they are going to enjoy this major life event in the absence of their roommate. I’m sure many passports, airline tickets & hotel reservations have been purchased. Probably impossible to reschedule. Life goes on in the wake of extreme adversity, but this wound is so raw and so unresolved. Hard to celebrate in the midst of this terror.

I still want to know how Mollie was to get to work that morning. Didn't her ride find it unusual she wasn't wherever she was suppose to be picked up at? Lot's of details wish I/we knew......

Her mum worked in Grinnell so did she usually travel in with her? But then her mum would definitely have known there was a problem. So the only answer that makes sense to me is that the person she normally travelled in with must know what has happened to her or at the very least did not mention her not showing for her lift, or received a message the night before that she didn't need a lift. So which is it I wonder? LE must know this? Anyone else not show for work?

First-time poster in this thread, but I've been following this story since it broke. I don't know if this notion has been addressed or discussed yet, so my apologies if it has:

I think it's very possible that someone Mollie knew (e.g., her BF) told someone else that Mollie would be there dog sitting, and therefore that person knew she'd be alone. So, maybe BF's friend showed up, knocked on the door and said "Hey, I'm your boyfriend's friend. He said I could drop by and borrow something. Mind if I come in really quick?" and then attacked her/subdued her and took her. It's so scary to think of, but I feel like someone would have heard/seen something if she was grabbed off the street (which apparently LE doesn't think happened) or a stranger broke in.

Does anyone know if a source has confirmed there was no sign of a break-in or struggle?
BBM
They don't? I thought they are considering it a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member