Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading about Mollie's case, but have not read every single post in all 4 threads. So, I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.
I keep seeing that Mollie was going with the children to the county fair. Was this fair in Brooklyn? And, is it the type of fair or carnival that travels from place to place - thus bringing in a lot of non-locals? Could Mollie have been abducted by one of these people?

County Fair? I have not read that. Is that something new?

Poweshiek County Fair, July 19-23, Grinnell, Iowa

he drove a taxi and picked her up the night and caught him on camera doing a u turn when the hannah ended up missing. Interesting thing is they said he waz not a suspect at first.

She went missing on 9-13-14. On 9-19-14 they announced they had a person of interest and had warrants to search the person's home and car, etc. '

On 9-20-14, LE published the name of that POI - Jesse Matthews. he fled that day.

On 9-22-14, while he was on the run, and they wanted to apprehend him, they stated: "The chief has reiterated that police are not calling Matthew a suspect, just someone who could have useful information about what happened to Graham."

On 9-24-14 he was located and arrested and charged with abducting Hannah Graham.

I don't think that can be close to what's been stated here, that the boyfriend has an alibi that checked out and he and his brothers are not suspects (different from, "We're not calling them suspects"), or that they do not believe the boyfriend or her immediate family are involved in the disappearance.

I believe them.

She went missing on 9-13-14. On 9-19-14 they announced they had a person of interest and had warrants to search the person's home and car, etc. '

On 9-20-14, LE published the name of that POI - Jesse Matthews. he fled that day.

On 9-22-14, while he was on the run, and they wanted to apprehend him, they stated: "The chief has reiterated that police are not calling Matthew a suspect, just someone who could have useful information about what happened to Graham."

On 9-24-14 he was located and arrested and charged with abducting Hannah Graham.

I don't think that can be close to what's been stated here, that the boyfriend has an alibi that checked out and he and his brothers are not suspects (different from, "We're not calling them suspects"), or that they do not believe the boyfriend or her immediate family are involved in the disappearance.

I believe them.
im talking about when they had him on camera doing a u turn and said he was not a suspect just a witness

It might not matter at all, but she was seen casually walking in jogging attire by the eyewitness that was interviewed by a reporter and on TV. Like I said it might not matter, but imo didn't appear in a hurry or distressed. If she had been on her way to her moms wouldn't she literally be jogging? idk, just what makes sense to me but I'm not a jogger.

Goodness, you're right. I've been reading so fast for three days now trying to catch up - yes, she was seen WALKING east on West Des Moines. I don't think she would have had to jog to her mom's though, especially if she was going to be eating soon after she arrived.

I believe them.
I do too. Gitana do you have a link where they cleared the immediate family. I know about the brothers and her bf. but haven't found about the rest of the immediate family.

Random thought. Is the red t shirt employees wore daily? If so I would think she would have more than 1. Or were the T-shirts just specifically worn on outings with the Children? Not to rehash the red T-shirt but to question does Mollie have more than 1. Sigh.....

Goodness, you're right. I've been reading so fast for three days now trying to catch up - yes, she was seen WALKING east on West Des Moines. I don't think she would have had to jog to her mom's though, especially if she was going to be eating soon after she arrived.
If her mom lives a mile away how long would it take to walk it? Since she was going to have dinner and it was already 7:30 - 8:00 I would think she would want to get there quickly. Maybe that's just me though.

I have been reading about Mollie's case, but have not read every single post in all 4 threads. So, I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.
I keep seeing that Mollie was going with the children to the county fair. Was this fair in Brooklyn? And, is it the type of fair or carnival that travels from place to place - thus bringing in a lot of non-locals? Could Mollie have been abducted by one of these people?
Looked on the map to be occurring about halfway btwn Brooklyn & Grinnell. Yes, would bring in many non-locals, both workers and fair-goers from neighboring counties.

County Fair? I have not read that. Is that something new?
No, a local mentioned it on WS. Also can Google. Happening week of Mollie’s disappearance. County fairs are a big deal in rural Iowa. Many people attending or exhibiting via 4-H & Scouts could have made town less populated at “dinner hour”. Fewer witnesses...

Random thought. Is the red t shirt employees wore daily? If so I would think she would have more than 1. Or were the T-shirts just specifically worn on outings with the Children? Not to rehash the red T-shirt but to question does Mollie have more than 1. Sigh.....

That's a very good question. And--at the beginning of this all, I think it WAS presented as something they were specifically wearing on the field trip. However, with the type of reporting we've been getting, we can't rely on how things were presented!

By the way--I simply can't understand the idea that anyone would be sleeping in what she's wearing to work the next day--you save the split second it takes to pop on a t-shirt, at the expense of wearing something that's unnecessarily sweaty and wrinkled? ETA--but I doubt if the red shirt is relevant--it seems painfully clear that she disappeared that evening, unless LE is really going out of their way to deceive us, and I doubt that.

Was it sidewalks or streets or a mixture she was jogging on

From what I believe her mother indicated, MT's jogging routes were on "city" streets in Brooklyn proper. Most likely using sidewalks where available.

Beyond the personal safety issue of jogging among population, the country roads between cornfields feature cars/trucks doing 70 with drivers looking down at devices and narrow, rocky-gravel shoulders that are bad to run on for feet/ankles/knees.

Last edited:
No, a local mentioned it on WS. Also can Google. Happening week of Mollie’s disappearance. County fairs are a big deal in rural Iowa. Many people attending or exhibiting via 4-H & Scouts could have made town less populated at “dinner hour”. Fewer witnesses...

Thank you. I keep thinking about the trip to the DR for the destination wedding. I'm sure they were looking forward to that. An adventure for a young couple going to a family wedding.

Was it sidewalks or streets or a mixture she was jogging on

If you can see the google maps that have been posted, you can see exactly the route and the road. It's actually pretty neat how you can actually follow the route she may have taken and see what she would have saw running along. It also gave me chills to see it like that because it looks like a normal town and like places I have ran or would think are safe to do so without fear of anything bad happening to me.

I think not knowing at first when she disappeared LE also wasn't sure if she went missing while in her jogging outfit or if it was in the morning she might have been in her red shirt.

Mollie Tibbetts: Full Story & Must-See Details Of Missing IU Student

Tibbetts works as an intern at the day camp at Grinnell Regional Medical Center. As her work uniform includes a red shirt, the police are now informing the public that Tibbetts may be wearing jogging clothes such as running tights and a sports bra or her red uniform shirt and denim shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo