Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gitana1: Perfectly stated.

I've been approached too many times--males deliberately walking in front of me, cocky-looking, staring. My usual response is "**** off".

I was approached by a homeless person not long ago, asking for the time. When I refused to give it to him, he got hostile. My verbal response would have made ears singe.

I've started carrying a stun gun and pepper spray. I may invest in a portable knife like the one you wear when jogging.

We can't afford to be victims. Ever.

I wear mirrored sunglasses, which can project the idea that I'm not approachable. It helps.

And don't be afraid to use your phone to photograph someone who looks intimidating as they approach you. Keep it set to "emergency" mode.
All great ideas. I always carry my phone on walks and will call someone to have on the phone if I feel uncomfortable.

Interesting it says the volunteer searches stopped after the FBI "took command." There definitely is something big which we are not being told.

I thought that was explained so folks would stay home so they could search all the houses in town. Everyone was out searching and no one was home to allow a search.

If she's buried in a cornfield the corn will be disturbed and a huge red flag. There is no way at this time of year that it would go unnoticed. It's so dense and tall that you can't bury someone between rows, there's just no way. Speaking as a lifelong child of the corn!! Ha ha.
corn field, soy beans some kind of field

All great ideas. I always carry my phone on walks and will call someone to have on the phone if I feel uncomfortable.
I have actually taken a picture of someone as I loudly commanded, “stay back”, “go away”, “you are bothering me”. Taking the pic really freaked them out and they retreated in haste.

If she's buried in a cornfield the corn will be disturbed and a huge red flag. There is no way at this time of year that it would go unnoticed. It's so dense and tall that you can't bury someone between rows, there's just no way. Speaking as a lifelong child of the corn!! Ha ha.
Who is going to notice? There are vast cornfields in that area and many rural roads.

The main point I was trying to convey; never be compliant, if you get in that car and leave the scene, you are more than likely (90%) going to die.

Yes, the way I recall it phrased was something like: "Never go with your attacker to a second location. You will never get a better chance to escape, than you have right at the moment which you are first approached in public; so fight like hell. Nothing awaits you at the second location other than your death." (BBM) People think they'll still have "chances to get away"'; it's overwhelmingly likely that they won't. That "second location", is usually "some scary repeat-offender's tricked-out specialty van or fortress of a home, with restraints and locks; in which they have the home court advantage." You won't have any idea how to extricate yourself from such a situation; this isn't Hollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho