Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking. If the corn is soooo dense they won't have to go in far. Just a few rows but probably miles of 'a few rows'.

Good point.

If I was in charge of coordinating searches I would just have them walk the first 20 rows inwards and follow down along the paved roads along her running routes in town there. That should be able to be covered and at least outrule if a killer drug her off the road and not too far into the corn.

At least it would be a start and be able to cover highest probability if someone just quickly dumped her into the corn.

In these cases, does law enforcement tell her family, such as her mother, more than we, as the general public would know, or is the family kept as clueless as the rest of us?
I can see both sides of this issue, for if they tell the family some inside information, it could possibly be leaked, but maybe they do in order to help the bereaved parent cope?

Has Mollie's boyfriend's brother's fiancée been cleared? Sorry if I missed that, I did read all the brothers (Mollie's and boyfriend 's) had been cleared.

No. The only ones I’m sure of are the males. I looked back and nothing about anybody by the 5 guys. But nobody has been named a POI. Neither were the guys for that matter, but the police made a point to exclude them.

I know you can spoof a phone call and a text from another phone and have it show up as someone else’s number. (Spoof app)
Amazingly simple to do.
I don’t know about Snapchat.

If LE were getting the records from her phone, they would know it wasn't hers if it didn't come from her phone correct? If someone used this app to seem like it came from her number, but didn't really?

Good point.

If I was in charge of coordinating searches I would just have them walk the first 20 rows inwards and follow down along the paved roads along her running routes in town there. That should be able to be covered and at least outrule if a killer drug her off the road and not too far into the corn.

At least it would be a start and be able to cover highest probability if someone just quickly dumped her into the corn.
This is where the dogs would be invaluable.
I mentioned a drone upthread. My thinking was that the corn would be noticeably disturbed, or would it quickly "retract" to cover any earthly remains?
Not a farm girl obviously. : )

Does an iPhone have Google? I know my sister didn't like the maps on her iPhone so she downloaded Google, wouldn't any iPhone user have to do that?

ETA does anyone know what kind of phone she has?

When I had an iPhone, I uploaded Google Maps, Gmail, and Hangouts to it. I think Mollie has an iPhone. Her boyfriend mentioned being able to tell if the message was read or not. This is a feature with the iPhone texting... you can tell when the person had read it or not. This isn't a feature for Androids that I am aware of... I have a Galaxy S9 and it doesn't tell me when my messages were read.

I know you can spoof a phone call and a text from another phone and have it show up as someone else’s number. (Spoof app)
Amazingly simple to do.
I don’t know about Snapchat.
Spoofing in this context would be using her phone to send snaps and texts..

In these cases, does law enforcement tell her family, such as her mother, more than we, as the general public would know, or is the family kept as clueless as the rest of us?
I can see both sides of this issue, for if they tell the family some inside information, it could possibly be leaked, but maybe they do in order to help the bereaved parent cope?

In most cases I followed the family is not given a lot of information either because LE knows it would likely be leaked. Families get frustrated too like the public does when little information is provided.

I hope her family isn’t getting mixed stories like the public is! That would be so disheartening.

Good point.

If she was deceased in a corn field, there would be a lot of vultures flying above the area. People would see the large group of vultures and would go check the area. This happened with Hannah Graham. RIP, Hannah.

I've given up again on getting completely caught up before posting, so I apologize if my thoughts have already been stated and deemed to be no good. I'm going with the belief that LE had said that the last things they could confirm were that she was running from 7:30 to either 7:45 or 8:00 (I read both, but don't remember which was the final decision) and that DJ had opened her SC at about 10:00. I've also read different times for when she was texting with her mother, somewhere between 7:00 and 7:30?

Anyway... I was thinking that she may have gone for a quick run in the first clothes she was said to be wearing after her brother dropped her off, gone back to the house, took a shower, took care of the dogs, etc. and then started texting with her mother. She could have put the dogs downstairs and started walking to her mother's place, wearing the clothes the new witness saw her wearing. If they were going to eat at 8:00 (which I think someone stated here) and she planned to walk, there's a good chance that she left around 7:15. Since she was in no hurry, she probably was "strolling nonchalantly" when she passed the neighbor's house. He may have noticed her phone because she was sending the SC to DJ with a picture she had taken earlier. Somewhere along the walk, about 7:30, someone may have approached her and tried to abduct her causing her to start running to escape. It may have taken 15 minutes or more for him to catch her, and then the Fitbit would show that she had stopped running - or at some point he caught her and the struggle (or just fear if she was in a car) caused her vitals to look like she was still running.

Putting it down in writing makes it seem even less likely, but something had to have happened that fits their time table. MOO

I'm wondering if Mollie's keys are missing or were located at the house - especially the house key. I normally have a rather large (and heavy lol) key ring which includes car keys, house key, work key, etc. But, if I'm going out for a walk, I normally remove my individual house key from my set of keys, so I can lock the house behind me and get back in when I return.

If the house key is missing, that to me adds credence to the fact she was taken while out jogging. If her keys were found inside, to me that indicate that she was lured outside/taken from inside quickly. I'm also curious as to whether the house door(s) were found locked or unlocked.

Has Mollie's boyfriend's brother's fiancée been cleared? Sorry if I missed that, I did read all the brothers (Mollie's and boyfriend 's) had been cleared.
It's been pointed out on this thread intermittently a number of times that the fiance of her bf's brother who lived in the house she was staying in, and whose wedding is coming up to bf's brother has not been mentioned specifically as "not a suspect" (just bf, his brothers, and Mollie's brothers & family - mostly those close to her of the male gender), but she could fall under the umbrella of "family" and she was with her fiance at the time of Mollie's disappearance who was verified as out of town with alibis confirmed by LE.

I'm wondering if Mollie's keys are missing or were located at the house - especially the house key. I normally have a rather large (and heavy lol) key ring which includes car keys, house key, work key, etc. But, if I'm going out for a walk, I normally remove my individual house key from my set of keys, so I can lock the house behind me and get back in when I return.

If the house key is missing, that to me adds credence to the fact she was taken while out jogging. If her keys were found inside, to me that indicate that she was lured outside/taken from inside quickly. I'm also curious as to whether the house door(s) were found locked or unlocked.
There's been no public information shared by LE at all about locks, keys, or anything about the state of the house after Mollie disappeared except that a pair of her contacts and glasses were there, as was her wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980