Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 1400 people in that tiny town. 1397 of them have not been cleared.
Sometimes Jr stops by to borrow his meth money from mom and dad and then leaves again for weeks at a time.

So LE needs to ask if you have a son or relative that recently visited and took off that night or next day. Jmo

My interpretation of when he said she was "just walking by nonchalantly" was that he meant she wasn't running or running in fear for her life (not being chased or harassed), that she was just walking along, presumably on the way to her mom's for dinner less than a mile away. This could actually be helpful info for LE so they know at that place and time he indicates, Mollie passed by and had not yet run into trouble so to speak & acted like a 'normal' person walking down the street, and it was sometime/somewhere between that house & her mom's house that she disappeared. He also probably feels bad about everything and maybe being the last one to see her, hence his statement that she seemed fine when he saw her.

Attachments

• Gator xux 6x4.png
    Gator xux 6x4.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Sometimes Jr stops by to borrow his meth money from mom and dad and then leaves again for weeks at a time.

So LE needs to ask if you have a son or relative that recently visited and took off that night or next day. Jmo
My comment was a reference to subtly imply it's not suspicious that the sheriff didn't publicly clear the finance, Mollie's brothers, Mollie's mom, Mollie's granny and Mollie's dad.

There are many transients that come into Brooklyn. There's Holiday Lake a few miles north and people drive into Brooklyn for supplies. There's a HUGE wind farm being constructed a few miles south. The county fair with all it's carnival workers was occurring in a city close to Brooklyn when Mollie disappeared.

My interpretation of when he said she was "just walking by nonchalantly" was that he meant she wasn't running or running in fear for her life (not being chased or harassed), that she was just walking along, presumably on the way to her mom's for dinner less than a mile away. This could actually be helpful info for LE so they know at the place and time she had not yet run into trouble so to speak, and it was sometime/somewhere between that house & her mom's house that she disappeared.
Yes, understood, but, nevertheless, the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

Probably nothing as I'm certainly no tarot deck!

I've been quietly lurking and following along as best as I can, but info seems to be ever changing and nothing seems to be confirmed.

I know a hit and run was mentioned and kinda ruled out because of damage to a car being noticeable, but several years back there was a hit and run in our tiny town. It was a teenage girl who was reported to have been texting and driving. She made a bad decision out of fear of getting arrested and drove home. Then her dad made a bad decision and instead of calling it in and reporting it or making her turn herself in, he let her drive his truck for a couple of days and fixed her vehicle at home. She came forward two years later due to guilt, but had she not, she would have never been suspected. So my thought was it might be worth checking out anyone local who wasn't driving their own vehicle in the days following the disappearance and then maybe check to see if the driver or immediate family had purchased any auto body parts, bondo and auto paint, or if their vehicle was at a shop shortly after.

That only mentions the boyfriend and all the brothers. I’ve never seen her mom or the fiancée or anyone else publicly cleared. Of course, the guy in that interview was specifically asked about the guys so maybe that is why it’s all he mentioned.
not if you did it at night
A decomposing body will attract vultures. And the DCI spokesman has said publicly her family and boyfriend aren't believed to be involved. No mention of the fiancee.

A Week After Disappearance Mollie Tibbetts’ Brothers, Boyfriend Cleared in Investigation

I think what is being alluded to is who had visitors that night, son (Jr.) stopped by but isn’t living in the town of 1400, adding to the potential suspect pool. Someone who has violent or drug tendencies. Police need to ask about friends and relatives in the area that left around the designated time frame that keeps changing unfortunately.

My comment was a reference to subtly imply it's not suspicious that the sheriff didn't publicly clear the finance, Mollie's brothers, Mollie's mom, Mollie's granny and Mollie's dad.

There are many transients that come into Brooklyn. There's Holiday Lake a few miles north and people drive into Brooklyn for supplies. There's a HUGE wind farm being constructed a few miles south. The county fair with all it's carnival workers was occurring in a city close to Brooklyn when Mollie disappeared.

Right, but Mollie didn’t live with any transient windmill workers or carnival workers. She did live with, at least part of the time, her mom and the brother’s fiancée. I can understand it takes time to clear the rest of the town, but the ones she lives with?

I’m not saying I think they did anything or know anything, but I do think it is strange that they would publicly clear the males in Mollie’s life (even the brother that doesn’t live with the boyfriend), but not the females. Did they not need clearing because they are women and it’s assumed a male did the crime (if there was one)?

I have been in quite a few corn fields hunting and some people may not realize how hard and firm the stalk is. A fully grown corn stalk is actually a little hard to break and so when walking in corn you avoid the stalk and walk around them.

JMO but if a killer was dragging a body into the corn I suspect he would drag it around the stalks and not knock down too many. The cornstalks are really firm and hard at the very bottom where they go into the ground. The diameter can be around 1 inch diameter when fully grown. So if he was dragging a body he would go around the stalks and they would not be knocked down much. Now his own upper body may bend some and break a few but overall I dont think there would be too much noticeable damage. JMO based on having to walk into grown corn.

ETA
If you do break and bend one in half they dont bounce back. They will stay bent over.
Thanks for this info! Some types of corn can be 6 to 8 ft. tall & have stalks as big as your wrist or arm (depending of course on your build), with rows so close together you can barely walk between them. so searching from above (airplanes, which LE has done, and drones, not sure) is truly difficult. Searching on foot with dogs would be ideal, but also truly difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member