Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some questions:

What was different in her life now as opposed to 2-3 months earlier? She had lived in town for many of her formative years. She knew lots of people and they knew her. She was a fixture running through town - and nothing had happened. She was in an established long term relationship. She would have (obviously) known her BF's family. She was articulate and intelligent. Is or was there a change in her routine that would have put her in social contact with different people? Like her summer job? Or her summer living arrangements? As far as I know and have been able to read, there is not a history of local crime waves spawned by touring carneys nor the annual detasseling event. Is there someone who would have been introduced to her recently? Any newer SM adds or had she made any new friends? Was she hanging out with anyone new this summer, had someone displayed new or renewed interest socially? Could even be a friend of a friend.

I have a hard time getting my hands around a theory of a local deranged bubba somehow emerging from the corn and being irresistibly drawn to her this summer, when he would likely have seen her over the years.

It is always easy to point a finger at the traveling construction worker. Truth be told, the guys I know are highly skilled and regularly drug tested. While they may trade a lick or two in a bar fight, most of them will not do anything to endanger their jobs, which can pay the skilled trades upwards of $30-$40 an hour plus benefits.
Thanks for your post, good questions/food for thought. Postulating what factors in her life may have changed this summer based on family member interviews quoted on MSM:
(1) she's 'living' mostly with her bf, his brother & brother's fiance in his brother's house, instead of at home. Last summer she was presumably at home before starting school as a freshman at U of Iowa. First year she was home after being a college student too, though.
(2) she has a new job for the summer after a year as a college student at the daycare center 15 miles from her hometown.
(3) she was very excited supposedly about the upcoming trip with her boyfriend in a few weeks to the Dominican Republic for her bf's brother & fiance's wedding.
(4) she was dogsitting/housesitting alone at her bf's house for the first time maybe.

Another, probably useless, question. Has the brother ever said what she was wearing when he dropped her off?
Not that I've seen, although a couple pages back someone quoted an early post where someone mentioned sandals and a HS tshirt - I wonder if that is from what she was wearing earlier that day.

What homework? I thought she was on summer break.
She was taking summer classes, I've read (in previous threads - will have to find a source).

1 in 100 in the US are psychopaths. That would make Brooklyn having around 14. Psychopaths aren't always serial killers. There's 100s of thousands that function among us. Mollie's major was psychology and thought I'd post this. A psychopath is likened to a colorblind person when dealing with empathy+ emotion. They can be superficial, gregarious+ engaging but to those that truly know them, are vile. A criminal in the aftermath of crime could 1. Clean their vehicle 2.Go out of town 3. Miss work. I'm certain her abductor/s are known to her. I hope Brooklyders are watching for suspicious activities of their members/neighbors. There's a checklist: the Hare Psychopathy checklist,based upon a cluster of personality traits. Conning, gregarious, lying, promiscuous, remorseless, easily bored, grandiose, shallow, callous, superficial, glibness, charming, parasitic, manipulative, lack of empathy ect. They don't love like us, they don't show empathy like us. 20% of prison population are psychopaths but they are responsible for 50% of crimes. Very informative video.

For all the people having trouble loading pages, lagging text, etc., go to post 480 here:

Welcome To Websleuths # 3

It's also believed that this thread in particular has a lot to do with some of the problems as the number of people online is frequently close to double what it normally is. There are other issues as well but it will take some time to sort them all out.

Seems to be more momentum that she made it to the house after her run.

I was afraid this would be case. The coward(s) could have walked in the unlocked house while she went for a run and waited for the right moment to come out.

It makes some sense given the "without a trace" dilemma things seem to be in. Could have held her a gunpoint, and her being the sweet, loving, caring girl she was just complied to their demands. She seems like the kind of girl who would even put the dogs' safety before hers.

Gosh, I hate the thought of this. Praying for you Mollie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeroAlpha