Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't imagine putting myself out there on TV to discuss this. It automatically puts one in a position of speculation in some people's minds. I wonder if LE asked him to do the TV interview.

Totally agree. I don't necessarily think it applies to LE but in the eyes of much of the public, anyone who gives an interview on TV immediately becomes someone to be eyed with suspicion.

The people to watch out for, but I'm not referring to this case at all, are usually the husbands, partners or boyfriends of women who have been murdered, and of course they're the first people LE look at very carefully.

Here's a thought. Early on, we were told that Mollie had been on a spree of relatively trivial Snapchats to her boyfriend, in a quest to get him back to the top of her friends list. (He evidently wasn't much into social media.) So, I hope that friends list is being gone over with a fine-toothed comb....

I'm wondering if Mollie's keys are missing or were located at the house - especially the house key. I normally have a rather large (and heavy lol) key ring which includes car keys, house key, work key, etc. But, if I'm going out for a walk, I normally remove my individual house key from my set of keys, so I can lock the house behind me and get back in when I return.

If the house key is missing, that to me adds credence to the fact she was taken while out jogging. If her keys were found inside, to me that indicate that she was lured outside/taken from inside quickly. I'm also curious as to whether the house door(s) were found locked or unlocked.

I have read before in this thread that this is the type ofcommunity where no one locks their doors or uses house keys.

the video I posted a few moments ago - they eventually caught the guy, mainly because a 911 responder remembered a call he took 3 months previously - of someone reporting a"lurker" in the area...they caught the guy but let him off as he wasnt doing anything illegal (at the time)

so have they checked if there were any similar reports over the last few months in that area, and also started checking cctv over the last few months for suspicious vehicles (a long task, but it may be the route they'll have to take)....

Hi tinselfoil!

I am wondering if her Snapchat was set to ghost mode? Several months back it was a huge deal and even police departments were sharing the info on how dangerous it was/is. It basically uses gps to show all of your friends where you are. I can go to my Snapchat right now and see where some of my friends are but I am in what they call ghost mode which basically means I have disabled that and none of my friends can see where I am. She could have been tracked by one of her Snapchat friends if this feature was enabled.

Someone mentioned corn silos as a possible place to look. If she was in there would that seal in the smell?
Shouldn’t,they aren’t exactly air right. Would keep predators out but I think the smells would still be noticeable. I would think they would still be empty this time of year but it’s been along time since I lived up north in a rural farming community.

Some new info here: New details provide insight into night Mollie Tibbetts was last seen
Family members told KCCI on Saturday that evidence shows she was doing homework on her computer late in the evening on July 18. Authorities declined to release a specific time, saying it could hinder the investigation.

It is unclear whether Tibbetts returned to the house after her jog, but the new information, family members said, opens up the possibility that she did.

That goes along with one of my main thoughts of it being someone who she had recently gotten close to over the Summer. Maybe that person was at the top of her SC list and that’s why she was hurrying to get her bf back on top because he had seen that name at the top.

A pig farm. IMO, that says a lot. Sorry.
They have said that those searches turned up nothing related to her at all.

Here's one of many quotes on this:
Federal and state investigators have combed through cornfields and searched a pig farm near Guernsey, among other places, but those searches have turned up no signs of Tibbetts.
From the same recent article I linked to above: New details provide insight into night Mollie Tibbetts was last seen

While the timing of those searches seem like they could be related to the Fitbit data, I suspect they were actually based on tips.

completely OT: that video was very relaxing.

thanks for sharing it! It helped me get a better feel for the landscape.

This might help you visualize the corn field situation. It's drone footage that was put out by Des Moines Register of Day 6 of the bike race, RAGBRAI, this year. Day 6 was yesterday, and I think it's of the leg of the race that occurred right after the Brooklyn, Montezuma, Deep River etc... leg.

Someone mentioned corn silos as a possible place to look. If she was in there would that seal in the smell?
I don't think it would seal in the smell so much as mask it. I think silage is one of the worst smells I've ever been around. Of course, that probably depends on the time of year, how full it is, etc. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02