Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the sociologist had spent 5 minutes taking some of the names on that list and checking their Facebook pages like many Websleuthers did last night, she would have found that a lot of those missing kids were no longer missing. She didn't take the time to check to see if the list was updated frequently. She stated that many of the kids on that list were voluntary runaways which made it appear that they were still missing which is untrue. Her laziness created Fake News and False News.
I stand corrected.

I have regrettably missed so many pages of these threads the last few days. Has there been discussion about the fact that two different hog farms were searched? if it were one i might assume gps-related or someone with a personal connection, but two different hog farms? maybe based on a tip?

" ..... In an interview with ABC, Poweshiek County Sheriff Tom Kriegel confirmed Mollie Tibbetts' brothers and boyfriend are not suspects..."

Is this still the latest on who is not a suspect or has the list been expanded to include more people who have been excluded?

It seems like more people. That was a misquote actually. He was specifically asked about the boyfriend and HIS brothers. Who live at the house.

They would be pretty easy to clear as they were all likely at hotels with cameras and key cards.

Later, they stated they don't feel any of her family or boyfriend are involved.

“As in any investigation like this, those who are the closest to Mollie have been interviewed. Everybody within her family, boyfriend, at this point, we don't feel has any involvement in her disappearance” said Assistant Director of DCI Field Operations Mitchell Mortvedt.

A Week After Disappearance Mollie Tibbetts’ Brothers, Boyfriend Cleared in Investigation

DCI: “We think she’s still alive,” not scaling back efforts to find Mollie Tibbetts
Fri 7:41 PM

"The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said they did more neighborhood sweeps, searched more rural parts of Powesheik county and have interviewed more than 100 people Friday. The DCI told TV-9, as long as people keeping sending tips, they’re going to keep working. Authorities said they continue to get hundreds of new and different leads everyday.

“I anticipate we’re going to get more leads so I anticipate working through the weekend and do whatever we can to track her down and locate her," said DCI Special Agent Richard Rahn.

The DCI does insist it’s not a recovery mission. Rahn said, while he believes while the disappearance is suspicious, she’s out there somewhere still alive."
While I desperately want this to be true, I have a hard time believing that they really think she’s alive.

No, no statements at all about her on camera, not that I've seen or heard - just that she was seen running on the city streets, which could have been from eye witnesses who saw her and not a camera.
I grew up in a small town too, though not as small as Brooklyn. Very few of us (our parents) locked doors during the day, and we certainly didn't lock our cars -- this made me think about cameras. If folks in Brooklyn (most or some of them) did not lock their doors, why would they have cameras? Maybe some stores -- especially those non-locally owned/operated ones -- would probably have cameras, but I'm thinking most homeowners wouldn't and neither would those wonderful Mom & Pop stores.

Yes, sorry have not read all. But the text message to bf on the night has it been stated what they chatted. As far as she going somewhere, staying something like that. And the place she was at any signs of struggle or an abduction. Or did everything seem in place and she just vanished from where she was staying, the bfs brothers home. Any visual aids available, such as the house she was staying at. And the run she took, was that from her house, or from the bfs brothers place. ADD ON...I dont think she is deceased at this moment in time.

Last edited:
I'm thinking a trucker came down route 6 on their way into Brooklyn to make deliveries, saw Mollie running, hit/seized her near the high school, threw her in the truck, made their deliveries, then made their way down to route 80 and were on their way. I think there are 15 FBI agents because they have seen this MO before and Mollie is just the latest victim and they are hoping to get enough clues to catch a serial offender. Pure speculation on my part, but after reading everything and looking at maps closely, only scenario that makes sense to me given the disparate search areas and the large LE presence. If this scenario is true, Mollie could be anywhere...

Welcome to Websleuths, watson1 !!

I grew up in a small town too, though not as small as Brooklyn. Very few of us (our parents) locked doors during the day, and we certainly didn't lock our cars -- this made me think about cameras. If folks in Brooklyn (most or some of them) did not lock their doors, why would they have cameras? Maybe some stores -- especially those non-locally owned/operated ones -- would probably have cameras, but I'm thinking most homeowners wouldn't and neither would those wonderful Mom & Pop stores.

“7 p.m. - Mollie goes for a run around Brooklyn. Several witnesses told police that they saw Mollie running that evening. She is also recorded on video surveillance cameras.”

What's the timeline of Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance?

DCI: “We think she’s still alive,” not scaling back efforts to find Mollie Tibbetts
Fri 7:41 PM

"The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said they did more neighborhood sweeps, searched more rural parts of Powesheik county and have interviewed more than 100 people Friday. The DCI told TV-9, as long as people keeping sending tips, they’re going to keep working. Authorities said they continue to get hundreds of new and different leads everyday.

“I anticipate we’re going to get more leads so I anticipate working through the weekend and do whatever we can to track her down and locate her," said DCI Special Agent Richard Rahn.

The DCI does insist it’s not a recovery mission. Rahn said, while he believes while the disappearance is suspicious, she’s out there somewhere still alive."
I wonder why they believe she is still alive. Is it info from the fitbit? I don't see any indication from the searches that they are searching for someone alive.

If the sociologist had spent 5 minutes taking some of the names on that list and checking their Facebook pages like many Websleuthers did last night, she would have found that a lot of those missing kids were no longer missing. She didn't take the time to check to see if the list was updated frequently. She stated that many of the kids on that list were voluntary runaways which made it appear that they were still missing which is untrue. Her laziness created Fake News and False News.

1. The sociologist is not a journalist.
2. The sociologist did not infer that the kids were necessarily still missing. She said most people reported missing are voluntarily missing.
She did the exact opposite of sowing the seeds of hysteria. She specifically tried to calm down the hysteria and explain that the number of actual stranger abductions is super low.
3. She had ZERO responsibility to research those missing persons cases before giving her opinion that there is not an epidemic of stranger abus ions and that most such cases are people who leave voluntarily. She had zero obligation to determine the status of any of those cases before trying to calm people's fears.
4. Not one thing she said was fake or false. The kids on the list who were located undoubtedly left voluntarily just as she stated.

Journalism has been shoddy in this case. Horrible. This is the opposite of that.

So I initially was thinking a stranger followed her back to the house and waited until she was asleep and broke in to grab her. Then I got home and a delivery person pulled into my driveway and my dogs went ballistic. With two dogs in the house I don’t think anyone snuck in to grab her. My dogs have always been hyper alert. Does anyone have dogs that keep quiet? I would think she had warning unless the suspect is well known to the dogs. Since other people who live there have been cleared that leaves me with friends of the family, which I won’t sleuth. If that’s not the case that leaves me with her being nabbed walking to her moms or in the morning on the way to work. I think her phone records are telling investigators a lot, as long as the phone company is cooperating.

Yes, sorry have not read all. But the text message to bf on the night has it been stated what they chatted. As far as she going somewhere, staying something like that. And the place she was at any signs of struggle or an abduction. Or did everything seem in place and she just vanished from where she was staying, the bfs brothers home. Any visual aids available, such as the house she was staying at. And the run she took, was that from her house, or from the bfs brothers place.
They snapchatted. Not chatted as in talking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member