Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like this?
Like this?

That’s my understanding, assuming these witness accounts are accurate.

However, I am not clear on this (along with almost everything else):

-if there were 2 people that saw her head east, were they both on West Des Moines Street? Or did one see her head east on another street (the funeral home sits at Jackson and East Pershing, so one possibility would be east on WDM Street, south on Jackson, east on east Pershing)?

-did both see her in the same time range? (Or could one have been her jog and one be walking to her mother’s house)?
*note: to get to her moms she would have jogged east on WDM Street, then NORTH on Jackson (not passing funeral home). Just an FYI

(I live in West Des Moines, Iowa so weird talking about Weat Des Moines street) :)

Last edited:
My head is spinning from trying to catch up on this extremely fast-moving thread. I thought I originally read that Mollie had been out running between 7:30pm and 7:45, this then changed to 7:30 to 8:00 and that she arrived home safely. (Please correct me if I've got this wrong).

Why can't LE establish what she was wearing as she has been by several people. I'm also interested in knowing who saw her running in the street. If that person positively ID'd her, surely a description of what she was wearing was passed on. If it was CCTV, not only could they confirm it was Mollie but also confirm what she was wearing at the time.

Last edited:
That’s my understanding, assuming these witness accounts are accurate.

However, I am not clear on this (along with almost everything else):

-if there were 2 people that saw her head east, were they both on West Des Moines Street? Or did one see her head east on another street (the funeral home sits at Jackson and East Pershing, so one possibility would be east on WDM Street, south on Jackson, east on east Pershing)?

-did both see her in the same time range? (Or could one have been her jog and one be walking to her mother’s house)?
*note: to get to her moms she would have jogged east on WDM Street, then NORTH on Jackson (not passing funeral home). Just an FYI

(I live in West Des Moines, Iowa so weird talking about Weat Des Moines street) :)

@amlando1 - Thank you for sharing your Iowan perspective with us as it's always welcome by the Global Membership of Websleuths.

From what I recall about 2 witness accounts, I believe one was actually a facebook comment which is not considered verified information for this platform. I suggest you use the most current witness recollection for when/where Mollie was possibly sighted. The witness identified as Roger Thompson of Brooklyn spoke to local abc5 network on July 27, 2018, and network last reported update was at 10:13pm CDT so we know it's current. You can actually watch Mr. Thompson and also get a "visual" of the area where he believes he saw Mollie on July 18 on West Des Moines Street. Here's the link for your convenience. Thanks again.

Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Last edited:
New story with someone seeing her walking, but no new really useful info: Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

“"This girl that was out walking by had the black shorts and a sports bra and tennis shoes and she had a telephone," he said. "I'm almost positive."

But now, as investigators to continue to comb the county near and far, he's growing more confident it was her.
"She was just walking nonchalantly like nothing was bothering her, like nothing in the world," said Thompson.”

Quite detailed for someone who “wasn’t paying much attention”

“"This girl that was out walking by had the black shorts and a sports bra and tennis shoes and she had a telephone," he said. "I'm almost positive."

But now, as investigators to continue to comb the county near and far, he's growing more confident it was her.
"She was just walking nonchalantly like nothing was bothering her, like nothing in the world," said Thompson.”

I wonder why she would have just been walking and not jogging.

An easy run--about a mile away.

Thank you. I was wondering if it was her intention to run home, have dinner, make the dessert to take to work the next day and possibly even stay the night.

If it was her intention to jog home, once out of the immediate area she was staying in, would she need to run near the highway or would it be still rural for the most part?

Finally, if she did intend to run home, would her run have taken her into the area where the funeral home was?

If her mother was only a mile away, she could easily have walked part of the way and still reached home in daylight. It seems sunset is at 8:45 pm. If someone was going to abduct her, you would imagine it would be in a fairly quiet area. That's why I asked if she would need to venture near the highway.

Last edited:
I am thrilled the attention this case from one of our little home towns is getting. But have to wonder why this case out of all the other kids that go missing is flying through threads so fast? It’s a good thing. But am wondering if the predator/predatotors are snooping around in here. Any thoughts? Worrisome..

I am thrilled the attention this case from one of our little home towns is getting. But have to wonder why this case out of all the other kids that go missing is flying through threads so fast? It’s a good thing. But am wondering if the predator/predatotors are snooping around in here. Any thoughts? Worrisome..

Yes, it's curious but I've seen it before but I'm not sure what the trigger for this is. A good example was the Abigail Williams and Liberty German forum. Conversely, some trials are positively brilliant and receive no attention whatsoever.

I understand that predators have on rare occasions even posted on WS, but equally, LE frequently look in too.

Last edited:

It isn’t that detailed given that he’s just confirming all the information about what she was wearing. He isn’t remembering the outfit all on his own from nothing.

Thank you. I was wondering if it was her intention to run home, have dinner, make the dessert to take to work the next day and possibly even stay the night.

If it was her intention to jog home, once out of the immediate area she was staying in, would she need to run near the highway or would it be still rural for the most part?

Finally, if she did intend to run home, would her run have taken her into the area where the funeral home was?

If her mother was only a mile away, she could easily have walked part of the way and still reached home in daylight. It seems sunset is at 8:45 pm. If someone was going to abduct her, you would imagine it would be in a fairly quiet area. That's why I asked if she would need to venture near the highway.

There’s a map a couple pages back of the route from one to the other. It isn’t near a highway and it’s the opposite direction from the funeral home.

Speaking of which, does anyone have a source for the funeral home thing? Haven’t seen that in the media.

It isn’t that detailed given that he’s just confirming all the information about what she was wearing. He isn’t remembering the outfit all on his own from nothing.

I respectfully disagree. He’s a witness and is describing in some detail. He may be the original source of “all the information about what she was wearing”.

As searches continue for Mollie Tibbetts, a University of Iowa student who has been missing for more than a week, and Jake Wilson, an autistic teenager who went missing in April, Goodman's organization and others plan to host a vigil next week for those reported missing as well as those "gone forever." Members of the Wilson family plan to speak at the vigil and the Tibbetts family has been invited.

Organizers expect more than 300 people to turn out for the August 1 vigil scheduled for 7 p.m. at the RiverLoop Amphitheatre & Expo Plaza in Waterloo. State representatives and police officials are expected to attend.

As searches continue for Mollie Tibbetts and Jake Wilson, vigil planned for missing Iowans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1