Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me for space.

There was zero indication that Mollie intended on sleeping anywhere other than the boyfriend’s house. Why would she? She basically lived there with him and she was the one watching the dogs. She was the one who was supposed to take care of them in the morning before work.

Well, this is purely theoretical, but--if the brother is out in his car, and doesn't have dinner with their mother and Mollie, then Mollie has three choices after dinner--well, make that four choices. She can walk/run back in the dark. She can get her mother to drive her back. She can wait for her brother to get home and hand over the car. Or, she could spend the night in her own bed, and drive back to take care of the dogs in the morning. I can see that last choice being the most desirable to her.

The boyfriend’s brother and fiancé live in the house - along with the boyfriend and a lot of time Mollie does too.
I can see the timing for Mollie to get an apartment on her own in August lines up with a newly married couple wanting their private space also.
JMO

From
I believe Mollie’s mom also said Mollie was going to be making dessert for the family that night and wanted to make sure mom had picked up the ingredients. That sounds like more than a “Maybe I’ll drop by for dinner” kind of conversation.
From what we know Mom was picking up the ingredients so Molly could make it for a Friday co-workers Birthday. I would assume she was going to make it Thursday???? Fresh to take to work IMO

GPS would depend on the phone's settings, though. I turn off as many location services and GPS services as I possibly can on my phone, such that they are only activated when I am actively using them for particular apps. So, true that there is still more data available via GPS (I'm sure there's still a ton of data from my phone from GPS from when I'm actively using it and/or when I forget to close apps that use it). But at the same time, it isn't necessarily ALWAYS collecting GPS data.
You can't turn off GPS in your phone. GPS is a passive receiver. You can't disable that unless you physically remove the chipset but then the phone won't work because they are designed to require the presence of the chipset.

You can, allegedly, prevent apps from accessing GPS information but that doesn't mean that GPS information is not collected on the phone or sent to the phone network. It is absolutely collected and sent. This is due to the 911 requirements written in the law to help emergency services locate you.

Also, your phone transmits its location to the cell tower it is connected to regularly and especially when the phone is on the move - this is so the phone system can anticipate tower switches so as to not drop a call or interrupt data transmission.

She posted several months ago about being dissatisfied or frustrated with her body at various times in high school, but that doesn't indicate an eating disorder to me. If there were posts that hinted at an active eating disorder, I didn't read far enough back to see them.

It's been a long while since I've logged into WS. Haven't been here since the McStay case. Mollie's case caught my attention due to her ties to Northern California. After reviewing her latest instagram post, I can't shake the feeling that someone desperately wanted to be in her inner circle. Wanted her to pay attention to them, most likely in a romantic way. Probably felt a strong connection to her but that connection was not reciprocated. I won't mention names but one particular post stands out for me. Anyway, I am just thinking out loud here.

Praying for Mollie's safe journey home to her family and loved ones.

I think I know what you're saying. I'm super sure LE has investigated everyone in depth. So we will find out eventually if they found info or if someone who knows her is a POI.

True. Body image issues at the very least, which would be considered mental. And typical.

She posted several months ago about being dissatisfied or frustrated with her body at various times in high school, but that doesn't indicate an eating disorder to me. If there were posts that hinted at an active eating disorder, I didn't read far enough back to see them.

The boyfriend’s brother and fiancé live in the house - along with the boyfriend and a lot of time Mollie does too.
I can see the timing for Mollie to get an apartment on her own in August lines up with a newly married couple wanting their private space also.
JMO

She would be going back to college. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with them getting married. Just that she’s moving back to school.

I do wish we knew more about the dynamics between the four of them?

I feel like I got indication early on that she was moving into an apartment off campus (typical of a student entering 3rd year of college as my daughter too will be switching from dorm to off campus apartment this fall) but not necessarily moving in with her bf.

She would be going back to college. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with them getting married. Just that she’s moving back to school.

(All who are offended by this conversation scroll by).

Agreed. Which is what brawts sounds like.
Do I have an accent!?!? :eek::p To me brawts would be pronounced with an awww (as in Milwaukee - where I was born and raised) not an ahhhh like when you have a tongue depressor in your mouth!

I'm in NC now and on the rare occasion I hear a native pronounce it, sad to say it's usually brats (short a) like the unruly kid!:D:D:D

Does the date photos are posted on VSCO show for anyone? I don't see that info on my device.

https://vsco.co/mollietibbetts/images/1

On mobile, if you click on the picture, then click on the three dots on the bottom left under the user name, it will give you the date of the photo.

Looks like the picture with the Fitbit was posted on July 1st, 2018.

I feel like I got indication early on that she was moving into an apartment off campus (typical of a student entering 3rd year of college as my daughter too will be switching from dorm to off campus apartment this fall) but not necessarily moving in with her bf.
That’s the impression I got as well. I didn’t think her BF was a college student. I thought his current job is permanent rather than a summer thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C