Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing happened while jogging Wednesday night. We know she was home after that. Im talking about Thursday morning.
Wait a second. Something I just thought about. Yes we know Mollie went jogging early evening but what if after she closed up her homework and sent the picture to her boyfriend she decided to go for another run? When I ran I loved running in the dark. It was so quiet and so still. Maybe.

I don't think it's strange that no one contacted her to see if she needed a ride--I think it's strange that we haven't heard who, besides her brother, was giving her a ride to work.

I'm sure the investigators know who may have been giving her regular rides into work. Checking them out seems like pretty standard operating procedures in a missing persons case.

Everyone's line of inquiries with this newly acquired information are amazing.

Labs, even older labs, can be very protective. (And I know; One such lab of a family friend, protected me against a charging doberman once.) So, IF the Bf's labs were NOT locked in the cellar, and had the run of the house, I would hope they would have scared off any intruders, or at least protected MT in the moment, ................. if there was a home invasion (while she was working on her homework late).

Back a couple of threads ago, I had wondered: Did MT go on an early morning jog? 4:30 am?

Now, I'm wondering: Did MT, being athletic and a cross-country runner, and after having 2 short runs (possibly) the day before,........did she decide to do a "long run" thursday morning? By Long Run, I mean a run........ into her job @ Grinnell. Yes, 15 miles is a lot. But,...... for a cross country runner, when its cool in the morning, it is very appealing. And many runners try to do one LONG run once a week. Maybe she could shower at work, (most hospitals/daycares/schools/camps have them), and put on the red shirt afterwards.

I can't help feeling then, (sadly though) that .......on her way to work during this LONG RUN, she met with an accident, so I am grateful (as I wrote back 3 threads ago) that LE is still searching the woods, the rivers, etc.

She also might be less familiar with the roads, and safe havens in a new area if there is a lightning storm, or got heat-stroke;

LE also doesn't know, unless they triangulated all her cell phone info yet, and her laptop info yet, WHERE she was doing her homework; Maybe she had to study with someone else to finish a group project? And she was over at someone else's home? Or someone joined her at the bf's house, and did the homework on their computer? What IP address was used?

So where is she now?

Most dog lovers would never keep their beloved dogs in the basement. They always have them right beside them. I wonder if Molly was a lover of dogs or if she didn't really care for them and was just doing BF a favor in taking care of them. It even seems strange that a lover of dogs would put them in the basement while they leave the house for a while. Seems you would let them out then lock up and leave them be. If they were puppies or misbehaving they have a cage some owners will contain them in while they are left alone. Just seems so strange to me the dogs were in the basement.
My thoughts on the basement are that it’s an older home that most likely had wooden floors...we have an old farm house with original wooden floors and I wouldn’t risk a potty accident or allow dog kennels on it due to ruining the floor. Also our farmhouse doesn’t have a finished basement so just based on my opinion that may have been the case with theirs too. Easier to keep clean and saves space if the kennels were for large dogs and someone had mentioned they were labs

IMO only! I get the feeling that people weren’t exactly falling over themselves to offer her rides. Maybe it was a point of contention to be sharing the car and needing family to drive her everywhere.

Maybe she decided she felt like a burden and was going to walk to work even though it was far. If she decided to walk she would have to leave very very early while still dark. Maybe someone snatched her on her way.
Well, it would have been pouring rain. I doubt she would consider walking 10-plus miles in that kind of weather.

My thoughts on the basement are that it’s an older home that most likely had wooden floors...we have an old farm house with original wooden floors and I wouldn’t risk a potty accident or allow dog kennels on it due to ruining the floor. Also our farmhouse doesn’t have a finished basement so just based on my opinion that may have been the case with theirs too. Easier to keep clean and saves space if the kennels were for large dogs and someone had mentioned they were labs
Thats the thing nobody knows if they were running around while she was there or she locked them up

If you are familiar with humidity in Iowa, 86 degrees is DEFINITELY air conditioning weather.

I grew up on the east coast! Spent many summers with 90 degree temperatures and lots of humidity. We ended up getting ceiling fans, much cheaper than AC and safer than having a window open.

But it was in the 60s that night. That's cool weather even with humidity.

Sorry if this has been covered, doing my best to catch up here, are there any other women or teens missing/found deceased from the area? What about attempted abductions? (There are always those in every case, though, queries always just seem to hit and light up as do the RSO maps in every case) Tia.

Wait a second. Something I just thought about. Yes we know Mollie went jogging early evening but what if after she closed up her homework and sent the picture to her boyfriend she decided to go for another run? When I ran I loved running in the dark. It was so quiet and so still. Maybe.

Her boyfriend mentioned in one of the early articles that it was her routine to go in the early evening before it got dark. It seems like night or early morning (as someone else mentioned) would be out of character.

I really don’t think she went out running on Thursday morning early due to the weather.

The weather would be good cover for an abduction though.

A rural Iowa co-op is offering a reward for information about the disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts, a University of Iowa student who has been missing for more than a week.

The T.I.P Rural Electric Cooperative in Brooklyn is offering an additional $1,000 to the existing Crimes Stoppers of Central Iowa reward of $1,000, according to a news release.

The $2,000 reward would be offered for information that would lead to an arrest or conviction related to Tibbetts' disappearance.

Mollie Tibbetts search: Rural Iowa co-op offering reward for information about missing woman

It is great there is a reward now. Hopefully it can be increased somehow.

Everyone's line of inquiries with this newly acquired information are amazing.

Labs, even older labs, can be very protective. (And I know; One such lab of a family friend, protected me against a charging doberman once.) So, IF the Bf's labs were NOT locked in the cellar, and had the run of the house, I would hope they would have scared off any intruders, or at least protected MT in the moment, ................. if there was a home invasion (while she was working on her homework late).

Back a couple of threads ago, I had wondered: Did MT go on an early morning jog? 4:30 am?

Now, I'm wondering: Did MT, being athletic and a cross-country runner, and after having 2 short runs (possibly) the day before,........did she decide to do a "long run" thursday morning? By Long Run, I mean a run........ into her job @ Grinnell. Yes, 15 miles is a lot. But,...... for a cross country runner, when its cool in the morning, it is very appealing. And many runners try to do one LONG run once a week. Maybe she could shower at work, (most hospitals/daycares/schools/camps have them), and put on the red shirt afterwards.

I can't help feeling then, (sadly though) that .......on her way to work during this LONG RUN, she met with an accident, so I am grateful (as I wrote back 3 threads ago) that LE is still searching the woods, the rivers, etc.

She also might be less familiar with the roads, and safe havens in a new area if there is a lightning storm, or got heat-stroke;

LE also doesn't know, unless they triangulated all her cell phone info yet, and her laptop info yet, WHERE she was doing her homework; Maybe she had to study with someone else to finish a group project? And she was over at someone else's home? Or someone joined her at the bf's house, and did the homework on their computer? What IP address was used?

So where is she now?

She did not have her wallet with her nor her glasses or contacts

Sorry if this has been covered, doing my best to catch up here, are there any other women or teens missing:found deceased from the area? What about attempted abduction? (There are always those in wvery case, though not related, just seems to hit and light up like RSO maps in every case) Tia.
i think someone said 40 people missing overall in the surrounding area but dont qoute me on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x