Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Late homework...glasses and contacts still at home. If she made it back from her run and disappeared from the house then I'm thinking the dogs slept in the basement overnight. My lab is the loudest most ferocious barker at all delivery trucks, humans and other animals she sees out the front windows. When we go to the country we keep her in our bedroom with the door shut because if she's left loose she usually ends up barking at a coyote or some other critter. So I have to wonder if the dogs heard something overnight and Mollie got up to check it out. I use my iPhone flashlight all the time - so she could have had her phone on her for that reason. As for the FitBit - my husband used his for years with the gentle vibration alarm option in the morning. He wore his to sleep for that reason. Just thinking out loud...

Your dog is adorable. Thank you for sharing your experience of owning her.

Not the main point of your post, however, the boyfriend's brother didn't buy the house. He isn't an owner of that house.
So she could simply let the dogs out and she did not have to go outside herself.

I can’t speak about all dogs, but the ones I have seen are not eager to go out in the rain. So did she stand there or did she go get ready while the dogs were out?

A raging rain storm seems a strange time for an abduction. Yet, it happened
Might not have been a sexual abduction. Someone could have been mad at her and taken his or her anger out on her. Then had to dispose of her body.

I know Mollie has been deemed an organized woman but she could still wait 'til the last minute to inform her brother that she needs a ride. They were only a mile apart so it may not have been a big deal.

I used to do this with similar car sharing dilemmas in my family. I wouldn't plan anything the day before but then last minute in the morning I'd/we'd start figuring things out. Hell, sometimes I didn't say anything at all, and ignored their phone calls and texts lol.

Confusion - You make a good point about the phone. But I'm nearly positive that cell-phones only "ping" a tower when making or receiving calls / texts. And it seems that her phone data isn't telling LE anything we don't already know. Otherwise I feel like we would know that.

So the neighbor says he definitely saw her - but didnt see her come back the way she went....in theory he's the last person to see her...and on that basis how could she have returned to do homework...

Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Strangely, he also says what she was wearing - including tennis shoes...could he really see tennis shoes whilst sitting down looking out the window?

He also said she had a phone and was "nonchalantly walking by"

Was she on the phone as she was nonchalantly walking by - and if so - do phone records back this up?

So where was she walking to?

I may be being a stickler for details, but I want to point out that it was said that she was doing homework in the late "evening", not late "night", there's a big difference. Evening typically starts about 5-6 p.m. and late evening is usually about 8-9 p.m. After that, it would usually be considered night, at least among most of the people I know. To me it sounds more like she ran from 7-8 as they said before, did some homework, sent the SC to DJ at some point, took a shower (either before or after homework, but definitely after the run), put the dogs downstairs and planned to go to bed because she had to be up early. It's possible someone came to the door after she had taken out her contacts and had put the dogs down for the night, but it could be before the shower, after the shower but before bed, after she was in bed for the night, or in the morning before she let the dogs up or put in her contacts (or put on her glasses.) I know, that really narrows things down!

The thing that bothers me is the phone. I keep wondering how long it kept pinging. It almost had to be either turned off or broken if it was already going directly to voicemail by 7:30 a.m. since I can't believe someone as responsible as she seems to be would forget to charge it. That makes me think whatever happened was either while she was getting ready for a shower or after she was up in the morning because I doubt that she wore her Fitbit and phone to bed at night. Sorry, I'm just rambling now. MOO

That all made a lot of sense to me the way you thought it all through. But, if she was taken from the house though, how could she have taken her phone with her? Am I just missing something? Would that person turn off her phone and take it with them? Sorry if these are ignorant questions.

I know Mollie has been deemed an organized woman but she could still wait 'til the last minute to inform her brother that she needs a ride. They were only a mile apart so it may not have been a big deal.

I used to do this with similar car sharing dilemmas in my family. I wouldn't plan anything the day before but then last minute in the morning I'd/we'd start figuring things out. Hell, sometimes I didn't say anything at all, and ignored their phone calls and texts lol.
did they get angry at you

Cardinal - I agree that Thursday morning is more likely (for the time of the crime) than Wednesday evening, but I left that open in the event that (i) someone thinks she might have worn her camp t-shirt to bed that night or (ii) someone thinks the missing camp t-shirt is a red herring.

Confusion - You make a good point about the phone. But I'm nearly positive that cell-phones only "ping" a tower when making or receiving calls / texts. And it seems that her phone data isn't telling LE anything we don't already know. Otherwise I feel like we would know that.

Not quite, cell phones ping cell towers even when not in a call/text; this is so the cell network knows how to contact your phone when a call/message comes in.

JM Bee & Confusion

So thats the thing - theyre not giving a specific time - so her late evening homework could have been done before her run....which means its possible she never returned from her run - which fits in with the neighbors testimony

I just find it weird the neighbor could see her tennis shoes if he was sitting down at the time...could that be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum