Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the timeline is something like:
Dropped off at 5:30
Changed and maybe had a snack and took off on her run around 7pm (someone saw her) and somewhere around there was wondering about dinner and texted her mom. Maybe she felt like brats didn’t sound that appetizing.
So she goes home around 8 or so, showers etc and eats something that sounded more appetizing at the bf’s house.
Started homework, while texting/social media, then at some point got interrupted. Kept the dogs downstairs to concentrate.
She may have been attacked quietly with chloroform or something.

IMO if she's eaten at home there would be some trace of that, unwashed plates or freshly thrown away leftovers. I think LE will know if she ate a meal that night

Surely the work would be timestamped with the time she submitted it and a receipt or confirmation sent to her by email? In any event surely the university would be able to confirm the time she submitted her assignment after consulting the system?

Or if she was working on a document on her own computer it woule be very easy to check the "last saved" time

will the boyfriend said it looked like the snapchat pic was her in a house. You would assume he would know his own house.

There are lots of ways to take a selfie so all you see is a corner or a door or a bit of ceiling or something that's clearly not outdoors but not identifiable as anyplace in particular.

Dogs in a basement isn't something we do in England, can someone help me understand if it's something that takes just a second or two (so maybe you would do it everything someone comes to the door) or if it's more of an effort and you would only do it when you know you are going to be out of the house for some time.

If an intruder came to the house would it be something they could do to get the dogs out of the way?

TIA

There are lots of ways to take a selfie so all you see is a corner or a door or a bit of ceiling or something that's clearly not outdoors but not identifiable as anyplace in particular.
You could be right, I dont do snap chat nor know really too much about it. Lmao

Unless she was wearing extra glasses/contacts those close to her didn’t know about, I don’t think she left the house intentionally or of her own accord. How would she be able to see to run, to drive the car back to her boyfriend’s house, to go to work & take care of kids?

Depends on why she needed glasses. If she was mildly farsighted, I'm pretty sure she could do all those things without needing her glasses at all. Effectively they'd be reading glasses.

Her mom said the last time she heard from her was regarding dinner. I can’t imagine my daughter texting me to let me know she was walking over now to get the car or whatever. She would just set off. Mom likely doesn’t have to be awake in order to let Mollie in, especially in those areas. Kids are in and out and doors not necessarily locked until there won’t be any kids in and out, and even then the door or a door may remain unlocked in case of kids coming in

It would be very useful to know if Mollie texted her Mom late in the evening to say she still wanted the dinner but would be later than expected. IMO young people who use their phones a lot would send some kind of message before setting off, especially if it was later in the evening to check the Mom was still awake/that the food hadn't been eaten by someone else.

JMO she wouldn't have set off without a message first so I think she was taken from the house

Here is the quote about 9:45.

'She hated to be sad and hated others to be sad': Brotherly love for missing sister

“It’s like a fog,” Calderwood said. “You have so many people coming at you so quickly. It all gets muddied together.”

She took a call from an agent who was trying to determine if Mollie was in a home at 9:45 p.m., “and that was with my morning coffee.”
Why would the agent ask the mom if Mollie was in a home at 9:45? The mom said she never made it over for dinner and the last she spoke to her was around 7:30.
<modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Her mom said the last time she heard from her was regarding dinner. I can’t imagine my daughter texting me to let me know she was walking over now to get the car or whatever. She would just set off. Mom likely doesn’t have to be awake in order to let Mollie in, especially in those areas. Kids are in and out and doors not necessarily locked until there won’t be any kids in and out, and even then the door or a door may remain unlocked in case of kids coming in

It's interesting isn't it, my children still live with me so don't know what they will do in the future but with my own parents I would always send a quick message to say I was on my way but families are so different I know and Mollie not showing up for the brats (I have no clue what that is BTW) doesn't seem to have been anything out of the ordinary

It's interesting isn't it, my children still live with me so don't know what they will do in the future but with my own parents I would always send a quick message to say I was on my way but families are so different I know and Mollie not showing up for the brats (I have no clue what that is BTW) doesn't seem to have been anything out of the ordinary
I do think it's out of the ordinary not to have some sort of further communication if Mollie decided not to come or if she didn't show up.

I have to put my dogs away over almost everything. Pizza delivery, someone coming to the door. They aren’t vicious they just bark and go running to the door over everything, and to open the door when they are being like that, would probably scare the pizza man. They would charge to him (to be petted or to have pepperoni) but of course delivery guy wouldn’t know that and might think he’s going to be attacked, so I put them away each time anyone comes to the door.

Dogs in a basement isn't something we do in England, can someone help me understand if it's something that takes just a second or two (so maybe you would do it everything someone comes to the door) or if it's more of an effort and you would only do it when you know you are going to be out of the house for some time.

If an intruder came to the house would it be something they could do to get the dogs out of the way?

TIA

SkipperKey3 -
Another question is - if she put the dogs in the basement for the night and had planned to stay the night at her Moms - then had to go to work early next morning - who was going to go in and check on the dogs in the morning while she was at work?

Snipped by me for space.

There was zero indication that Mollie intended on sleeping anywhere other than the boyfriend’s house. Why would she? She basically lived there with him and she was the one watching the dogs. She was the one who was supposed to take care of them in the morning before work.

Yes, but...if she was up late working online, surely she would have responded to her mom's earlier text at some point. No way are they (law enforcement) giving out all they know.

I can agree LE could possibly be withholding certain very specific telling details, providing rough generalized guiding statements.
However, just because MT may have been up indeterminate or not revealed late, doesn't entirely speak to her lacking or non-response mode to individuals, including mom, brother and bf. My experience is that some people know their communication partner's habits, such as sleep, and defer sending a text unless necessary or emergency (then they may call through).
Meanwhile, the response could be put off to a later time when better chance receiver is awake or up, functioning. MT may have acted this way.
A communicatuon may not have been immediately acknowledge as one may have been occupied or dozed off, thus when recipient did see, may have figured beyond appropriate time then to respond
IMO and experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member