Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this odd. But is it, do you think?

If it means anything--and I'm not sure it does--I think it'd point toward someone who is connected to Mollie herself in some way, rather than a predator who might strike randomly.

Someone, let's say, who's been obsessed with Mollie since high school, (and I'm making this up out of my imagination), may not be a massive immediate danger to other people.

I don’t know whether Molly disappeared voluntarily (don’t think I implied that I did), just wondering whether LE has to consider that possibility before releasing more detailed info to the public (for example who was she in contact with that day or leading up to that day, were there any family issues, any mental health concerns, etc).

And, you said “Police would call off a search if they believed the departure of an adult was voluntary.” But didn’t LE call off the searches for Molly?
LE called off the volunteer searches for Molly. LE has been conducting searches.

If it means anything--and I'm not sure it does--I think it'd point toward someone who is connected to Mollie herself in some way, rather than a predator who might strike randomly.

Someone, let's say, who's been obsessed with Mollie since high school, (and I'm making this up out of my imagination), may not be a massive immediate danger to other people.
Yes, well said and I agree. Good! Thanks for the response.

I’m not for sure... I’m not a “psychic”’or FBI agent.. but for me, everything in this case is pointing toward mollie being harmed by someone she knew. It isn’t rocket science. When we do find out who, what, where, and when, we all may be amazed we completely missed it! IMO

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/622-W-Des-Moines-St-Brooklyn-IA-52211/2096319738_zpid/

This house to me is so dismal. I hope they ripped out the carpeting and made it more cheerful.

The windows are so high up so I don’t think anyone was able to peep. Although on the left side there are the lower windows and some kind of step. So that is a spot for looking in. However, there is a neighbor super close.

The front door has glass so one can see who has arrived at the door. The garage looks attached so is there a door to the house? That may be a spot for a perp to hide out.

It could be a car was parked at the electric company and the perp walked over.

But now it sounds like maybe she was taken while jogging. But what about the good night snap? So confusing

I don’t know whether Molly disappeared voluntarily (don’t think I implied that I did), just wondering whether LE has to consider that possibility before releasing more detailed info to the public (for example who was she in contact with that day or leading up to that day, were there any family issues, any mental health concerns, etc).

And, you said “Police would call off a search if they believed the departure of an adult was voluntary.” But didn’t LE call off the searches for Molly?
Perhaps I should have said Police would "call off the investigation" if person voluntarily disappeared or left. I apologize my statement was unclear.

Last edited:

I suppose LE does have to consider every possibility. But considering that Mollie has been described as "responsible" and "a creature of habit" and further considering that she was house and dog-sitting and in close contact with her boyfriend and her family, I think voluntary disappearance is unlikely. JMHO.

I think we do have confirmation. You can see when the missing person call came in on the police log for that day, which is on the Police’s official FB page. July 20th, 5:56PM.

Oh Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office
I meant that LE are not explicitly confirming whether she was indeed at that address again after her run. So it is where she was expected to be, and it is the location from which she was reported missing, but we don't know for a fact that she went missing from that location.

Happy Hello All. I finally made it through all of the threads. I tried very hard not to reply until I finished. The ACLU comment hit a nerve!

After reading all, I still hold firm the public is not being used efficiently by LE. There may be a reason why - but I fail to see the benefit since this is DAY 10 or 11!

Also I have a comment/question about her wallet being left at the house.

If the time line stops for LE with her jogging than why couldn't/wouldn't she be wearing one of those bands with arm bands with pockets where you put your phone, your keys if you want, an id perhaps, a few dollars maybe. When I go to the gym I never carry my purse or the monster wallet that resides in my purse. I selectively pull out my drivers license, my medical insurance cards, my debit card, and a few dollars, slip my phone in it strap it to my upper arm and off I go. When I get to the gym I slip my keys in it. That way I don't have to lug anything around while I exercise. I wonder if Mollie used one?

As an aside, most here don't know I was carjacked at gunpoint a few years ago - since that event I carry a pepperspray-teargas with its own glove made for joggers every time I leave my home or car. I wish all girls would start doing this, if they aren't going to carry a gun. I believe we have to plan for the worst and hope for the best -

that means locking doors! Running with others if at all possible. Not answering your door if you are not expecting the person on the other side of it. And being ready to defend yourself in a heartbeat.

Back to Mollie. I wonder if she called her mom about what's for dinner during her run/cooldown and then decided to go somewhere to pick something up to eat around town or order something to be delivered? I don't think I read that here yet as a possibility. If I just stepped on someone's toes, I am sorry - not intentional at all.

We heard early on--I think from her boyfriend--that Mollie would wear an armband to hold her phone, as she jogged.

I asked about keys and was told by others on this thread that she might not even have had a house key--I'd thought that it would be very telling if her keys were in the house, or if they were gone.

Her ID was at home, in her wallet, but I agree that she might well have not felt that she needed it, as she went out running.

Strange things I’ve noticed…Mollie had tons of pictures with her dad, but I can’t find one with her mom. Mollie was invited for dinner and she didn’t show up. Who makes extra food and sets out an extra plate, then thinks it normal for the person to not show up? And not call with an explanation? The brothers are surprised Mollie didn’t make it to work, but she had no way to get there. I wonder if the information is inaccurate or if there was a big family rift? There are no clues showing foul play on her route or where she was living. No one came forward and says they were going to give her a ride to work and noticed she wasn’t home that morning. Mollie was sharing the car, but for the 2 days her boyfriend was out of town, she didn’t have the car and was left at the home with no vehicle. Is there any chance someone stayed with her that night and no one knew about it? Could that have been her plan, and that person would have been the one that was going to drive her to work? Either that or someone took advantage her vulnerable situation.

What SM are you looking at? There are a ton of pics of her mom on FB and none of her dad. Then I see 4 of him on IG and one of her mom. (Neither of her parents are on FB or IG)
Why doesn't anyone ever speculate on WHY she didn't go eat at her mom's? Maybe she didn't care for brats, "ok" is very noncommittal. To me it's like saying 'oh'. Maybe dinner is very casual in their house. Especially in the summer - 3 late teens, early 20's kids? At that age kids usually take the better offer. The mom works too, maybe she went to bed early. Don't forget they'd texted throughout that afternoon, she picked up ingredients so that Mollie could bank a cake to take to work. Sounds like they're pretty close to me. The problem is we have no idea why she didn't eat there or why her mom wasn't surprised, we just know it as a fact.
How do you know she didn't have a car for 2 days? Maybe she had it until she went to work on Wednesday. We know he expected her to get it or to take her to work on Thursday.
There's no answer to all these little questions. At least not yet.

Search For Mollie Tibbetts: New Details As Over 100 Interviewed
"DCI Special Agent Richard Rahn told KCRG that while her disappearance is suspicious, Tibbetts is still out there somewhere and is alive. Rahn said he anticipates that the agency will get new leads and will work through the weekend to locate Tibbetts. "

Rahn sounds very sure Mollie is still alive. Perhaps this is why they are not sharing info with the public. If they KNOW she is alive, then they probably know who has her and are trying to locate her without setting her abductor off. JMO

eve·ning
  1. 1.
    the period of time at the end of the day, usually from about 6 p.m. to bedtime.

And that definition certainly does not help in this case. Late into the evening to me means before midnight & bed. If it was said to be" Into the wee hours of the morning" It was think after midnight. Of course, people use the term "evening" to decribe what their version of it is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu