Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arghh, ok woke up and now caught up.

This is so frustrating that I wake up to see that the news reports are again going back to the idea that Mollie returned to the house after her run Wed night, and whatever happened happened sometime after.

This case is so hard to try to put facts together to create a scenario of what happened to Mollie when reports keep changing.

Seems her family is letting out info that LE does not want us to know, and is causing the confusion. LE don’t want to confirm what the family says (homework, for example) so we are left wondering if it is fact.

This is a really strange case it is really bizarre how law enforcement aren’t appealing for any information or even giving a timeline appealing for witnesses in a location. I’ve never seen a strategy like it before I just hope it works.

This is a really strange case it is really bizarre how law enforcement aren’t appealing for any information or even giving a timeline appealing for witnesses in a location. I’ve never seen a strategy like it before I just hope it works.

It definitely makes me think they have a key suspect and are watching them/waiting for them to mess up. And possibly focusing all their efforts on finding a body so they have more reason to interrogate the person.

Missing University of Iowa student may have returned to home after jog: report:

Rick Rahn, a special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI), told Fox News that they "anticipate additional sites" will come into the picture.

“We’re looking at anybody and everybody that would lead us to locating her," he said, noting that “her missing is suspicious” and that authorities are “hoping to locate her sooner than later."

Rahn also told Fox News that investigators have received "zero information" indicating that Tibbetts was a runaway or had a medical reason for her disappearance.

ABC NEW TV- reported this am that LE says the last reported
pings from her electronics places her near her BF's home.
Did we ever get the link for this? Seems like it has taken legs in this thread, but I’m caught up now and haven’t seen the MSM or LE link supporting this statement. I did see an abc news link (gma) but watched the video and read text and saw no mention of last pings.

I would agree with this that law enforcement searched the pig farm purely based on a tip. Do they really have nothing to go on as far as a POI? I also find it hard to believe that Mollie lives in such a small town, where everyone knows everyone, and yet there's only been one eye witness that saw her the day she supposedly went missing. I know how rumor mills spread like wild fires in small towns (I come from one in Iowa) so I find it hard to believe that there isn't a single person in the community that knows something or knows someone that behaves suspiciously. Any thoughts on this? Reminds me how tight lipped the community was in the Tara Grinstead case.

New to WS, so apologies if I'm repeating a point someone has already made.

The same questions arose in Libby & Abby's case in Delphi, IN (small town). In that case the bodies were discovered quickly and LE had video and audio evidence of the alleged killer. Yet the case remains unsolved over a year later.

I'm hoping that is not going to be the same outcome in this case.

Missing student's father gives desperate plea to public

Snip

Mollie Tibbetts has been missing for nearly two weeks, and now her father is issuing a desperate plea to the public to focus on finding her.

"It doesn't matter what we're going through," he told Good Morning America. "We just need people to think. Somebody knows something, and they don't even know it's important."

Rob, who lives in Fresno and works in the Bay Area, has been in Iowa helping to search for his daughter.

Tibbetts, a 20-year-old rising sophomore at the University of Iowa, was last seen on July 18. It was originally believed she disappeared while out on a run, but Tibbetts' brother Jake told KCCI that authorities now believe Tibbetts returned from the run and was doing homework on her computer as late as 10 p.m.

Authorities have emphasized that the case remains a rescue mission and not a recovery mission. They are investigating the hundreds of tips they receive every day, as well as Tibbetts' cell phone and Fitbit data, in hopes of finding clues. Last week they searched hog farms outside of Brooklyn but turned up nothing.

On Sunday, the reward for information leading to Tibbetts went up to $2,000.

Since her disappearance, Mollie's family and loved ones have given interviews describing a kind college student excited about the future. Her boyfriend called her "the sweetest, kindest, most caring person that I've ever met in my life."

Rob told ABC30 on Friday that when he got married in early June, Mollie played a special role in his wedding.

"She was my best man and gave the most amazing toast you would ever imagine," he said.
Like others who have spoken out, Rob Tibbetts remains hopeful that Mollie will be brought home safe and sound.

We can get Mollie back," he said. "We just have to have somebody call."

Send in any tips to tips@poweshiekcosheriff.com or call 641-623-5679.

I think the co-op offering a reward is telling, I think either they or LE think its likely one of their employees did something Thursday morning and they are hoping the money gets another employee talking about a change in behavior in a coworker in the time since.

Why in the world would she not wear her glasses or contacts to walk the dog?

She may not have needed them. I'm really not trying to cast doubt on what Dalton's mom said about her eyesight, but I have wondered if she really knows for sure, if that makes sense. I guess what I mean is that I would have been more comfortable if Mollie's mom or someone who knows her better would have made the statement about her eyesight.

Could A Fitbit Be The Key To Finding Missing Girl Mollie Tibbetts?
Jack’s mother, Cynthia Brodie-Jack, took to Facebook to say that Tibbetts “cannot see without them.”

What about a bikini? It’s the same thing! I think she was proud of how her body was looking after all the running she does and was showing the results rather than trying to be anything else. She’s smiling like she’s pleased not posing in a seductive way. MOO
I'm not a fan of the shots, though I think they were work-out photos to show progress perhaps? I've taken shots of myself in the mirror in my underwear before, during, and after starting a new fitness routine to show myself progress (and the world may thank me for not sharing them publically, lol!).

I think in her mind the photos are perfectly innocent....but those of us who are older know that not everyone looking at those photos are doing it with wholesome eyes. And I can see a younger generation of women telling me that their bodies are their own and modest ideas like mine are repressive....I can see it either way....but I know the not-nice eyes are out there, and making it easy for them worries me.

However, I don't think this particular app is connected to her disappearance at all. JMOpinion

Re: her being a psychology major

Most people go into the field for a reason, whether it's because they themselves struggle with mental health issues or because someone they love does. I almost did, but in the end decided against it because I would spend too much time analyzing my own mental health, which I felt was the wrong reason to do it. I have a personal interest in mental health because of my own battle with anxiety and depression, which could very well be Mollie's case. She hinted on Twitter to having body image issues and be practicing self love. I post stuff like that sometimes so I can look back when I'm feeling down and remind myself to be positive. That might very well be Mollie's case.

I think she's a smart girl and would be able to "disappear" if she wanted to, especially having connections in California and having just visited. She could have friends there that helped her plan her own disappearance, if this is in fact a voluntary disappearance.

This case is mind boggling, and I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening in on LE's conversations.

I find it very interesting that police have actually said they are hopeful she's alive. I follow missing person's cases quite a bit and I don't recall that ever being explicitly stated before. Of course everyone *does* hope a missing person is still alive, but the fact that they came out and said it makes me think it's their way of inferring that they have some indication, like heart rate from the fitbit or something.

I think the co-op offering a reward is telling, I think either they or LE think its likely one of their employees did something Thursday morning and they are hoping the money gets another employee talking about a change in behavior in a coworker in the time since.

I posted this yesterday and think you're right. Surely they have security cameras. Putting the squeeze on someone!

This facts being released are the most confusing I have ever followed in a case. If we (at WS) don't even know what she was wearing, the general public is misinformed entirely. LE would be giving a press conference if they wanted or needed help from the community at least to clarify their responses going out to the public and media. They were trying to slow down social media spreading rumors initially, but it is okay for them to let them remain in the mix.
It was so heartbreaking to see her father speaking out saying they just needed a tip from the community. Community may hold clue to find missing Iowa student, father says (thanks to the original posters)
With each case you learn something new. JMO

The clothes she was reported to last be seen in has changed, it's confusing and frustrating. At first it was a black sports bra then changed I think to pink? To be honest, I don't know what the police are now saying she was last seen in.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the shots, though I think they were work-out photos to show progress perhaps? I've taken shots of myself in the mirror in my underwear before, during, and after starting a new fitness routine to show myself progress (and the world may thank me for not sharing them publically, lol!).

I think in her mind the photos are perfectly innocent....but those of us who are older know that not everyone looking at those photos are doing it with wholesome eyes. And I can see a younger generation of women telling me that their bodies are their own and modest ideas like mine are repressive....I can see it either way....but I know the not-nice eyes are out there, and making it easy for them worries me.

However, I don't think this particular app is connected to her disappearance at all. JMOpinion

I agree. Your always gonna get people who see it differently but the main point is that mollie seen it as innocent. It bothered me that the poster I replied to said they seen a different side to her on that profile which I can’t see.

I've been thinking about that as well.

jmo

It definitely makes me think they have a key suspect and are watching them/waiting for them to mess up. And possibly focusing all their efforts on finding a body so they have more reason to interrogate the person.

I would agree with you as well, I also get the feeling they know who took her but they don't know where she is, and so they are either being vague or purposely misleading in order to get the suspect feeling confident they got away with it and in turn they will let their guard down and slip up and give them the evidence they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0