Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
VSCO is often used to post photos that the person otherwise would not want on their instagram or twitter. (people my age, 18-23, are very picky about what goes on their instagram to make it look more "aesthetically pleasing", trust me i know lol). a lot of girls use VSCO to post more artsy photos, like the photo of Mollie in her underwear. i don't think there's anything wrong with posting something like that and i don't necessarily think it has anything to do with her disappearance, IMO. she was very health-conscious and enjoyed to work out, so she also, like someone previously stated, might have been tracking her progress and felt confident. a bikini is just like underwear so i don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Agreed, but my point is that in other missing person's cases I don't recall LE explicitly stating they are hopeful the person is alive. That's the part that seems to be different in this case. Usually it goes without saying that everyone hopes the person is still alive, so why make the point to mention it for Mollie? I do concede I could be reading too much into it, but it stood out to me as being different than other missing person's cases.
I agree. These comments in general bother me. I am a little less bothered by the word ‘hope’. It does go without saying but on the other hand they may be saying it because frankly they aren’t saying much else. I’m more bothered by the word ‘believe’ from one of the quotes. After this length of time that isn’t a word I’d use without evidence. As a previous poster said, they don’t seem to have an urgency in searches that indicate they believe she’s being held captive somewhere. If they think she ran off I would think the size of the investigative force would begin to decrease but it has increased.

Am I allowed to ask if info from other sources has been verified by anyone here? I don’t want to get I to trouble but I want to know if what I read elsewhere has any validity to it??

Does the Fitbit technology register a difference between no vitals (death) and it being removed? Does it stop recording when removed or just show zero vitals? I would also be curious as to her keys. Were they found in her home? I use an iTile on my keys as I lose them constantly and my app can tell me exactly where they are and make them ring.

Am I allowed to ask if info from other sources has been verified by anyone here? I don’t want to get I to trouble but I want to know if what I read elsewhere has any validity to it??
You can contact a moderator or admin and ask if something iffy can be posted. That's better than posting it and setting off a flurry that a mod needs to clean up.

If the source is not MSM or LE, it's probably not allowed, fwiw.

jmo

The information must have come from MSM or LE or the family's own posts on the confirmed Facebook page, I believe. I'm not a mod though- jmo.

Yes. This case is reminding me a lot of Dani. Hoping also for a different and more prompt outcome, though. A lot of hope for abduction and being held against her will initially then, too.
that guy is going to prison for a little bit. I dont think she is alive so hopefully they find her and put him away for a while

Maybe she is farsighted?
I'm not a fan of the shots, though I think they were work-out photos to show progress perhaps? I've taken shots of myself in the mirror in my underwear before, during, and after starting a new fitness routine to show myself progress (and the world may thank me for not sharing them publically, lol!).

I think in her mind the photos are perfectly innocent....but those of us who are older know that not everyone looking at those photos are doing it with wholesome eyes. And I can see a younger generation of women telling me that their bodies are their own and modest ideas like mine are repressive....I can see it either way....but I know the not-nice eyes are out there, and making it easy for them worries me.

However, I don't think this particular app is connected to her disappearance at all. JMOpinion
you are too darn funny about the not sharing publicly thing lol...oh I can see where the younger generation finds it more acceptable, although my one daughter who is model thin would never do so. Thank goodness...my other one well I pray she has better sense. I never ever even heard of this app before actually...I think I will have to ask my girls. I guess I am just OLD.

The information must have come from MSM or LE or the family's own posts on the confirmed Facebook page, I believe. I'm not a mod though- jmo.
Family's SM is off limits. Mollie's is okay. When/if a POI is named, then that person's SM can be linked. But family members in general are off limits. They are considered victims.

When in doubt, ask a mod.

Re: her being a psychology major

Most people go into the field for a reason, whether it's because they themselves struggle with mental health issues or because someone they love does. I almost did, but in the end decided against it because I would spend too much time analyzing my own mental health, which I felt was the wrong reason to do it. I have a personal interest in mental health because of my own battle with anxiety and depression, which could very well be Mollie's case. She hinted on Twitter to having body image issues and be practicing self love. I post stuff like that sometimes so I can look back when I'm feeling down and remind myself to be positive. That might very well be Mollie's case.

I think she's a smart girl and would be able to "disappear" if she wanted to, especially having connections in California and having just visited. She could have friends there that helped her plan her own disappearance, if this is in fact a voluntary disappearance.

This case is mind boggling, and I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening in on LE's conversations.

Thank you for repeating this one more time! I mentioned it about 2 threads ago. I agree with everything you have said. It seems like she has some self-esteem/body issues, at least to me, and needs validation via social media (which is not the best way to achieve this). If her last known location was at the boyfriend's house, it seems very possible she just gave up, turned off her devices and left. This is not unheard of.

I assume they already looked at her browser history, last time she worked on a document etc., to come to the conclusion that she was doing homework...but if she is anything like me, her recent history may reveal a lot (I have different tabs open on my laptop). There is a specific study method called the Pomodoro technique, that is stressed a lot recently, where you study for 25 minutes and then take a 5 minute break, and repeat. While she may just have studied straight for 2 hours or so, it's possible that if she was taking breaks, that may reveal a lot. Also, dogs can get annoying when studying on a laptop (sitting on you etc), so she may have put them in the basement to get them out of the way for a while. Or she may have done that when/if she left.

Family's SM is off limits. Mollie's is okay. When/if a POI is named, then that person's SM can be linked. But family members in general are off limits. They are considered victims.

When in doubt, as a mod.

Sorry, I meant to say the family's official finding MT page. That is also debatable but posts specifically regarding updates were allowed on occasion by prior rules. My apologies if that no longer stands! Definitely best to consult a mod.

I know that during a body search they can look at your phone.

Note that if you use a passcode on your device, the US Supremes have ruled that LE cannot force you to divulge your passcode (5th amendment grounds).

However, because touch id (fingerprint entry) wasn't that widely available/at issue in the particular case, the US Supreme Court did not "touch on" fingerprint entry in that ruling.

So currently it's jurisdiction by jurisdiction whether LE can force you to open your device via touch id. With courts in places like Florida ruling that you can be forced to touch id into your phone. Eventually the conflict among jurisdictions might make its way to the US S.Ct and be resolved.

If the phone and fitbit can't be located, I'm a bit surprised LE has not posted descriptive pix of them and elicited the community's help in the event they were tossed aside.

Excellent comment. It is a key point.

I suspect, though, that LE doesn't want Jane and Joe Public rummaging through brush, fields and trash bins for those devices.

Then again, since LE has not done as we'd expect they should we might assume one or both devices aren't missing.

In reading some of her old SM, she does have definite confidence
and self-esteem problems. She had a body-hating period where
she worried about being overweight, being too skinny, fat thighs, etc.
<modsnipped against TOS>

Regarding studying psychology: Even Psych. teachers will
admit the reason why most people get into this field is to
better understand their own life and their own problems.
It's not initially to help others, it's more a personal need to
figure out their own life.
Respectfully disagree.
I’ve never known a woman- or man- who did not worry about some facet of their face/ body/ weight at some point of their lives. Particularily in HS & college. I do find it true that people OFTEN (not always) become interested in psych for personal reasons. Had a psych friend who was deeply moved by the impact of a suicide on her friend’s family. Let’s not make negative assumptions without something specific to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet