Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really good example of info that LE for sure has, but isn't sharing. And there's so much more like that. They know the last time she used an electronic device, and the last time her Fitbit communicated with her phone. If she had her location services enabled on her phone (I think most young people do, as its convenient and they tend to be more trusting of that type of thing), then they know much more. If she had her Fitbit and her phone on her person when she was attacked, and the Fitbit was auto-syncing, then changes in her heart rate during the attack will have been captured. I think this is why we heard that they have a good timeline. A good timeline would mean, in my opinion, that they are pretty sure of when Mollie was taken.

And they aren't sharing any of that info. Not even to say "We have this data but can't share it due to the on-going investigation." Obviously just my opinion but I think its because they have a suspect, not because they are clueless.
Yes, LE would hopefully know. I find it concerning that there doesn't seem to be much forward movement. jmo, though.

I too wish the reward was higher but there are cases here on Websleuths where even a $1 million Aus Dollar reward - (little William Tyrrell case) made no difference. The reward in Abigail and Liberty’s case is $256,000 and it’s made no difference.

I think rewards might matter more in gang type cases. Drug cases. Where someone knows something and has zero money and decides to talk.

But in a case like this they usually talk, like Cluciano said, if they know something, unless they're involved.

Police investigating reported attack on jogger in Dubuque

SBM

He said the post indicates that a man began running alongside the woman, asked her questions and offered her flowers. The man then tried “taking her away,” according to the post, at which point the woman punched and kicked the assailant and freed herself.

Police investigating reported attack on jogger in Dubuque
Locked out - MSM wanted a buck to allow access. Oh well, not gonna buck with it.

How can LE not know by now how she was supposed to get to work?? It’s crazy. It matters. (I am sure they do know).
I remember with Abby and Libby, people obsessed over which family member was meant to pick them up or who dropped them off...which did not matter, really, as they never left the park. But even so it took about a year to find out.
I believe they do know.

I doubt Molly would ask her mom what was for dinner the next night (Thursday) ...

And the mom said that she (the mom) texted that she got MT the dessert ingredients she (MT) requested that she'd need for a Friday dessert. So, I don't know if MT initiated the texting about dinner. I could see the mom or MT saying something about dinner right after the dessert message

I wasn't questioning the family's need for financial support as a bad thing...I was throwing out the idea that maybe there was another reason for it as I think 50K is a lot of money to ask for after not working for 1 week--again, I'm not saying it's a bad thing...
I understand what you’re saying. I just think they know this was never going to be a one-week block to their income. Plus all the astronomical extra expenses it will take to find their daughter. And they have a highly experienced FBI team with a family communications expert who have probably asked/advised them how to financially survive a search of this magnitide. Could be ransom as you suggest, but I think more like experienced experts guiding them thru.

I still believe there is something to their initial investigation of the hog farm. They may not have recovered anything at that time, but the FBI had a reason for going there and the reason had to be pretty credible. My guess is we will circle back that direction before this ends.

Yes, LE would hopefully know. I find it concerning that there doesn't seem to be much forward movement. jmo, though.

It just feels to me like there's a ton of movement.

I know in my job people question how can I charge .4 for a letter that is a couple paragraphs. Well, there's a lot that goes into that sometimes. All sorts of detail that would be too cumbersome to break out into multiple billing entries. And which would end up costing the client more if I did.

Like needing to look at something in the fil pertinent to a point I'm making. Or researching some legal issue quickly.

There's so much that we all do at our jobs- including those who work caring for kids af their homes- that people can't imagine if they aren't doing the same thing.

I can only imagine how much work they have to do and how much time it takes. Especially in this data and science age. For all we know they have biological forensics they're testing.

It can take a while.

It's still quite common here in NC in Protestant churches, anyway, usually on Wednesday nights -- church suppers -- committee or church-wide meetings -- choir practice -- movie night -- missions work (baking cookies for the housebound, packages for the homeless), etc., etc.

Yeah isn't this church country? I mean wouldn't there have been lots of people on the road at that time?

I doubt Molly would ask her mom what was for dinner the next night (Thursday) ...
I've wondered about this as well, but it was my understanding they were planning to make a cake for her to take to work on Friday. So, she very well could have been planning to go over Thursday for dinner and to make the cake.

What's the 2012 case?

You think they're just going to be off work for a week? I mean I hope that's the case because it means it'll be solved any minute now.

But there are other expenses if they're trying to print things and make buttons, etc.

Ugh. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it.

Welcome to websleuths!!!!

It's a great question. That's what was happening at the outset of the case. Then the FBI got involved and it immediately stopped. Or right before they announced the FBI was on the case.

Then they went to targeted searches by professional FBI searchers.

To me it indicates that they found a direction the moment the FBI analyzed electronic evidence.

It was coupled with the announcement that they got a "solid timeline" and knew her direction of travel.

I feel like they just don't think the public will be of help.

But if that was my kid I would be personally walking every damn row of corn. At least I think I would. If I wasn't paralyzed with grief and fear.

If that was my friend even. Or any family member. I would be searching and organizing.

But no one is.

That might be more telling than the lack of LE organized public searches.

What does it mean?
TY for this interesting post. Was it ever mentioned as to why the FBI came into this case ?

It was coupled with the announcement that they got a "solid timeline" and knew her direction of travel.

I feel like they just don't think the public will be of help.

But if that was my kid I would be personally walking every damn row of corn. At least I think I would. If I wasn't paralyzed with grief and fear.

If that was my friend even. Or any family member. I would be searching and organizing.

But no one is.

That might be more telling than the lack of LE organized public searches.

What does it mean?
Snipped for focus

I think it means they know someone has picked her up. They don’t think this person lives in Brooklyn. And sadly is Mollie is murdered, they know whoever took her isn’t driving back to Brooklyn to dump her. Searching locally by themselves or with the public’s help is not the right use of time or resources. They don’t think she is in a cornfield. At least no where within Brooklyn. They think she is the home of a abductor (possibly alive. Possibly deceased). If the former, she is being held outside of town and they feel public searching won’t be of assistance as she is being held captive by someone somewhere, someone they have not yet identified. I think maybe because of the nature of the abduction the possibility of Mollie being held for the individuals own “use” (ugh) is a possible one. They must know her possibly being murdered is a very real outcome, but without more info, assume the perp may keep her body on his own property or wait for decomp before dumping. I hope this makes sense. It makes me feel cold and sad to even have these thoughts. I hold hope she is alive. I just don’t know if it’s possible as of now. I do think LE is doing the right thing if they do believe she is alive from not doing a press conference, only because if things are mysterious then no one can know anything or say anything about the investigation for certain. The individual can’t read them entirely and might now make a dangerous move (taking Mollie away forever). I’m just a lowly artist so what do I know. This is my perspective as of now and it is MOO. I wish everyone only the very best. Most importantly, if possible, the safe recovery of Mollie. Apologies for any typos or weird stuff. I never proof read. Bad habit.

I have an off the wall question - anyone know if there is satellite footage for Brooklyn for that window of time? As I was looking at the country roads I wondered - ok no cameras there but wait - what about satellites? I know it may seem extreme.

But what if it were your child? And the FBI could get it right? Anyone know anything about satellite images?

No that would be unlikely. Except for weather satellites, satellite images are not real time. They are often years old.

We have seen cases where a suspect is arrested and victim never found...so LE can make an arrest once they have evidence. But if it is true there is no crime scene or signs of struggle as sometimes has been reported, not sure what evidence, short of a video or confession they could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mamabear2024