Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This!! IMO, I think she was taken over state lines and maybe a victim of sex
trafficking and LE might have very reliable information that she is still alive...I pray that she is and hopefully the conference tells us alittle more information or some much needed hope.
I think FBI is there for two reasons: to help with the telecommunications side of the investigation (Fitbit, phone, computer) and simply to help a small town LE force that might not be equipped to handle this type of case.

jmo

If digital technology shows her location was tracked to her boyfriend’s apartment (where the Snap Chat pic was reportedly taken), then I. Hope LE had done a very thorough investigation of those that live there.

It could be, like Jennifer Kesse, that Mollie was abducted in the parking lot or area outside the complex by someone.

Makes me wonder, was construction or maintenance work being done at his complex? Could someone who lives there or regularly works there have figured out Dalton’s parking spot was empty and Mollie was there alone?
Boyfriend lives with his brother and his brother's fiance in a house. Not an apartment.

Officials to give update on missing Iowa woman Mollie Tibbetts (with photos)

The press conference is 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office, 4802 Barnes City Road, in Montezuma.

During this press conference, officials say they will provide updates regarding the investigative response, tip line information, rewards and information from The Missing Persons Clearinghouse.

Um, that doesn't sound very encouraging. Hopefully they'll take question from reporters. Even then they'll probably defer answering to avoid compromising the investigation. It would be fantastic if they came out and said an arrest had been made. I hope they do! But after her father's plea this morning asking for a clue, any little clue, no matter how trivial it might be, I doubt it.

It was earlier reported that the jogger recanted her story of alleged attack. Makes sense why story only reported on Telegraph Herald and didn't get picked up by others. (Latest "Police News Flash" only alerting on skimmer found on gas pump at a station located on Central St)....
Hmmm, I haven't seen that it's been recanted. The story is still front and center on the Telegraph Herald.

I think many of us are going to be disappointed in this press conference because I don't see it coming out with any *new* or breaking info....but I sure hope I am wrong!
Sadly, I agree. That seems to be typical in pressers planned for the following day+.
The scheduling of it a day from now makes me sure that they don't have any breaking news to share with us. However, it's an opportunity to pick up information that they've decided to share, and to clarify the things that have been circulating in various contradictory forms.
I agree that the timing suggests nothing is breaking most likely. However, I thought the same about the presser in Libby and Abby's case when they released the audio and image. Hoping for some clarification or indication they have some leads but not expecting it.

I grew up in an Oklahoma town almost the exact size of Brooklyn, and we always locked the door if we left the house, and at night. My parents still live there, and now they usually keep the door locked while they’re at home, too (probably because kids & teens aren’t constantly needing in now!) It’s hard for me to imagine not locking the door, even being from a small, rural town.

Another thought -- If I were staying at someone else's house, especially with the responsibility of taking care of two dogs, I would certainly be locking the doors, but that's just me. Maybe there wasn't a key -- IDK, but I would be locking up for my own security and since the guys who owned the house weren't there. But the lock-or-not-lock is indeed a regional thing.

Their searching of hog confinements makes think of Dezi and Kathlynn... Dezi escaped; Kathlynn did not. The guy committed suicide, and this was after Lyric and Elizabeth and I remember people speculating then if they were connected. Could he have had a partner?

Body found in river identified as kidnapped Iowa teen

Brooklyn, Evansdale, and Dayton are a perfect triangle on the map.

I've seriously wondered about the possibility of a partner or copycat. They ruled Klunder out in Elizabeth and Lyric's case mostly because they couldn't place him in their area at all, but there are so many similarities to that case and Delphi and Evansville cases.

No that would be unlikely. Except for weather satellites, satellite images are not real time. They are often years old.
Interesting issue about satellite coverage either from govt or commercial sources. Does anyone local know whether there are any key government/military installations, training grounds, research facilities etc. in Iowa? Frequently such key strategic locations do get coverage from above for security reasons. My bet would be that FBI/Homeland Security would be aware of any such coverage and would access it as necessary to move this case forward. On the topic of coverage CCTV and otherwise has anyone heard anything about any cameras at the Electric Co-Op? Given the proximity of the Co-Op to MT house and possible jogging route I wonder what is available to help LE?

you would think if they thought it was sex trafficking they would of put that out by now

Definitely not if they have reason to believe she’s still alive. They don’t want any information besides Mollies name and her picture to get out there. If they thought for sure who where and why out in the public there is a better possibility for the perp to...kill..(.I hate to even type that ) Mollie.
imo!

After binging seasons of Criminal Minds, I feel like the only reason so many FBI agents would be sent so quickly is if they had reason to believe Mollie is the victim of a serial killer/abductor, and they are trying to solve multiple crimes. JMO.
I had this thought too. Maybe the 15 Agents in Brooklyn aren’t the only agents on this case. Maybe there are 15 more in another location(s)?

Definitely not if they have reason to believe she’s still alive. They don’t want any information besides Mollies name and her picture to get out there. If they thought for sure who where and why out in the public there is a better possibility for the perp to...kill..(.I hate to even type that ) Mollie.
imo!
so u let her get sex trafficked all over

If digital technology shows her location was tracked to her boyfriend’s apartment (where the Snap Chat pic was reportedly taken), then I. Hope LE had done a very thorough investigation of those that live there.

It could be, like Jennifer Kesse, that Mollie was abducted in the parking lot or area outside the complex by someone.

Makes me wonder, was construction or maintenance work being done at his complex? Could someone who lives there or regularly works there have figured out Dalton’s parking spot was empty and Mollie was there alone?

Dalton does not live in an apartment complex. He lives in a house with his brother and his brother's fiancee'. You should be able to see the house and surrounding area here: Google Maps

I thought of Jennifer too. what with the phone being missing. And not a certainty as to when she was abducted. jmo

Who lived part time in CA?

Mollie had lived in Oakland, CA, before moving to Iowa. Note that Oakland has a reputation for high crime. So, she might have brought big-city locking-up habits with her. Or, she might have over-idealized the Iowa countryside as being more safe than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqwkie