DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie's dad was interviewed on Fox tonight. He stated that they do NOT know if Mollie returned home after running. They have no facts. They weren't told this by LE. They can only speculate.

Can we now STOP running off the rails about her returning home, working on computer, what does University use, etc. etc.
The brother Jake is the ONLY one that said this and he's been discredited now by LE and his own father. IDK why he said it.
If the PC says tomorrow that she made it back home and that somebody logged onto the University sight, or was doing homework, then we can go to town on that info. It's exhausting seeing 100's of posts regarding something her brother said that has not been verified and completely contradicted by Mollies father.
I pray that LE releases a timeline, which I'm sure they have. I'm literally stunned that they have not done so thusfar.

The question is: if she was on her computer, was it before or after her run. If it was before her run, then she was doing homework at the same time as chatting on social media. If it was after her run, it means that she was abducted from house-sitting home.

How can anyone know when she was doing online course homework? Both by looking at computer use and LMS access. How can anyone know where she was doing homework? LMS IP data collection.

It might seem like a tangent, but in some ways it narrows down where she was when she was abducted. My guess at this time is that she did homework at 5:30 and was abducted on the rather rural road near the house-sitting house. Someone could easily have seen her and followed from a distance until she ran one block past the residential homes.

Attachments

• Mollie 6.jpg
    Mollie 6.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
If the seasoned posters teach the new members to tap the “watch thread” link, we all can avoid a thread filled with hundreds of posts that say only “FOLLOWING “

Hi!:)
Yes, that is true~ I was also just pointing out to other newer members that it is against TOS to tell others how to post, we have seen a lot of that over the years. lol IMO, it comes down to basic professionalism and respect for others. This aint Websleuth's first rodeo~

However, this is my first missing case in a long, long time and I am excited to see so many new members! So welcome y'all! Let's help get Mollie home to her family~
JMO

True, but do they identify what type of device was used to access the data?

Facebook knows if it is a computer or phone. Facebook will also give you the state/country it was accessed. If you open up chrome and go to the area where you access email... there is an icon that says "account". Click on it, sign in, and it will pull up which devices were used and when. I have my chrome setup... so it tells me if a strange user had been using it.

It’s difficult to know what system was used, as there is the possibilty that Mollie was taking a summer course somewhere else than through UIowa. There are community colleges throughout the state (both online and f2f); in addition Grinnell College may have had some summer courses. If this was for general credits, it may have been a national online course also. There is a high probability that it was a UIowa course, but only a high probability and not a certainty.
It probably wouldn’t matter. Nearly all schools use similar systems even if they aren’t the same ‘brand’ for lack of a better term. If she was logged in to her school’s system, wherever she was taking classes, it almost certainly has a time stamp and if she turned in homework electronically then it absolutely had a time stamp. That’s how professors are able to show Johnny that he lied when it claimed he turned in his homework on time :).

One of the MSM articles said she was dog sitting because her boyfriend was working in construction 100 miles away. I would make an assumption that the business was his or his brother's if it's registered to that address. So I think they'd have a good idea of any subcontractors that may stop by, or be aware if one of their subs was now missing or acting strangely.
If you have worked construction or own construction this is not accurate . Many work off the books to cut costs and many on books are perhaps there for one “ job”. Yes, the business was owned by her bf brother.. the owner of the house. I posted a link pages before from a MSM

One of the MSM articles said she was dog sitting because her boyfriend was working in construction 100 miles away. I would make an assumption that the business was his or his brother's if it's registered to that address. So I think they'd have a good idea of any subcontractors that may stop by, or be aware if one of their subs was now missing or acting strangely.

GO KSU! Could be an independent contractor from out of town. We know the brothers travel for jobs. Could have come late evening or early morning.

Just a thought for now.

She’s not a minor though so the FBI doesn’t always immediately join in for these types of cases.

The perp has contacted someone?

Of course I should have said it's my opinion. I have no facts in this terrible situation. I am looking at all angles. IMHO, JMO, etc. All I am saying is that early on the top LE Iowa team was called in and then the FBI. So that indicates to me that there may be more going on than meets the eye. <modsnip>
Do you have a link to this information? This is the first I have heard of any of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without more information, we seem to be at a standstill. I guess I don't see the bother or harm in hypothesizing how her actions may have been tracked electronically.

LE has referenced being clear about the timeline but not releasing it so as to not interfere with the investigation. I don't expect that to change anytime soon. MOO.

Yeah. Agreed. The brother might have accidentally slipped out something LE didn't want known, or he may have been told to give intentionally misleading info for some reason we don't know.

Thanks for the link. So if WIFI was available the FITBIT could transmit? Would it be tied to a private secure wifi or would it bounce until it finds any WIFI signal?

Anyone know?
The Fitbit transmits to the phone via Bluetooth, so the phone and Fitbit need to be in close proximity. THEN, the phone transmits the Fitbit data to the cloud over WiFi or cellular, so the phone would need to connect to WiFi or cellular. Typically, people set their phones to NOT auto-connect to random WiFi’s, but if there was a cell signal then WiFi is not needed. (Though I assume there’s also a setting in the Fitbit app where syncing over cellular could be turned off to save data.)

Last edited:
What reason do we have to think the perp didn't know enough to disable Fitbit and phone? Even if they were disabled instantly, LE would still get valuable information--the time and place of the attack.

Just the fact that the phone and Fitbit aren’t there, and LE implying that they are getting useful data from the Fitbit. I guess they could be referencing timeline of running, but I took it to mean timeline of abduction and after

No, I did not say that Canvas does not have the same data analytics as D2L. I described what is possible with a paid Learning Management System. Canvas would collect IP and time usage, as well as how many tries to get the password right, and lots of other data.

Yes. When my son's computer crashed, he came over to use my desk top, to take a test in his online History class.

When he tried to take the test, a red flag appeared onscreen, because he was on a different device, with a different IP. I am sure it was to make sure that someone wasn't taking the test for him. But he had to answer a bunch of personal questions and send a picture of himself, at the computer, to be able to take the test.

So those online courses have a bunch of stored data, it seems.

I'm still laughing about a pig wearing a fit bit!!! Sorry... I own pigs, they can be smart, and they can be stubborn, and they can be mean. I don't see someone walking into a pig farm, where the pigs are grown to be slaughtered, and putting a fit bit on any part of the pig. I mean... i can't stop laughing!

That doesn't mean SHE accessed any of that though. It would tell you someone using her computer/phone/tablet accessed it, but it doesn't necessarily mean it was Mollie.

It would give off the location. I was hacked on Facebook, and it told me the location (city) of the hacker. Facebook would be able to get the hackers IP address if they don't use one of those IP re-routing things. You can actually steal other people's IP addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay