DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably wouldn’t matter. Nearly all schools use similar systems even if they aren’t the same ‘brand’ for lack of a better term. If she was logged in to her school’s system, wherever she was taking classes, it almost certainly has a time stamp and if she turned in homework electronically then it absolutely had a time stamp. That’s how professors are able to show Johnny that he lied when it claimed he turned in his homework on time :).

Very true that the specific LMS doesn’t really matter. I find it somewhat ironic though that we can debate points/phrases that have been released to the public and wonder, for example, whether someone said ‘from’ or ‘to’ — yet take it at face value with no questions asked that the course Mollie referred to in a tweet (without any clarification) is definitely online and definitely a UIowa course. I’ve just been observing how easy it is to jump to conclusions.

Edited to add: I don’t mean to come across as grumpy .... this is just a tough case, and sometimes humor in the little things is needed ... and I find the LMS discussion rather humorous. :)

Last edited:

I see that as a really loud statement that under no circumstances should the farmers be sleuthed or in any way implicated in the abduction until they say so. Remember the poor soul who owned the property where the Delphi girls were found? There are probably people still today who think he is responsible. This sounds like a clear announcement that investigating an area does not mean that the person who owns the land is guilty.

I see that as a really loud statement that under no circumstances should the farmers be sleuthed or in any way implicated in the abduction until they say so. Remember the poor soul who owned the property where the Delphi girls were found? There are probably people still today who think he is responsible. This sounds like a clear announcement that investigating an area does not mean that the person who owns the land is guilty.
That was also right around when the articles about rumors being a problem started up, such as Rumor mill spreads more harm than good in Mollie Tibbetts' case

It probably wouldn’t matter. Nearly all schools use similar systems even if they aren’t the same ‘brand’ for lack of a better term. If she was logged in to her school’s system, wherever she was taking classes, it almost certainly has a time stamp and if she turned in homework electronically then it absolutely had a time stamp. That’s how professors are able to show Johnny that he lied when it claimed he turned in his homework on time :).

Basic browsing history on her computer would show the time and date of what she visited unless someone cleared it. Then I’m sure the school’s system would give even more information.

I took SHE’S not there to mean that something else was.. as in the fitbit maybe or something belonging to her? Not that anyone at the farm was involved.

Of course I should have said it's my opinion. I have no facts in this terrible situation. I am looking at all angles. IMHO, JMO, etc. All I am saying is that early on the top LE Iowa team was called in and then the FBI. So that indicates to me that there may be more going on than meets the eye. Sorry if some people don't understand speculation and a possible scenario. If I had a MSM quote I would have posted it.

I was with you until you had to add the snide remark about not understanding speculation. Please don’t insult our intelligence. We understand TOS of WS and the admins and mods have been repeatedly having to clean up the threads. It’s absolutely necessary to be sure your posts are clearly indicating speculation as opposed to facts.

I took SHE’S not there to mean that something else was.. as in the fitbit maybe or something belonging to her? Not that anyone at the farm was involved.

That's the problem. Investigators state that nothing was found, and people think that means that something was found but they are not sharing. Reality is that nothing was found and so they moved to another farm. At the same time they announced that they were looking at several farms in the area 15 miles South of Brooklyn.

No like when you open the computer, before you get to any applications. A user account for the actual computer.

That would mean three logins.

Assuming that someone has logged into the computer, the student must first log into the University, and then log into the LMS course. Two factor authentication.

Thank you for your response, and I do remember what happened with the property owner in the Delphi case. That definitely could be what they are trying to prevent. They can't be to careful, rumors and assumptions can ruin peoples lives.

Would you feel differently in the event that key evidence in the case is later found to have originated at the farm? I am convinced there is some significance to these farm searches that we the public just don't understand yet. Also, what if the farm owners or their workers do have some knowledge about MT and chose to not share it with LE, could that change your opinion on sleuthing the farm owners? LE said she wasn't there when they searched the farms. So far as I can tell LE didn't say she was never there.

That would mean three logins.

Assuming that someone has logged into the computer, the student must first log into the University, and then log into the LMS course. Two factor authentication.
I think of two factor authentication as the specific technology where you have to verify a login for a single application via text or phone call or security code. Not multiple layers of login but verification for a single login. Maybe that’s just me, but that’s how I’ve always encountered it from my web development days forward.

I’d love to know why those farms were searched. Seems there are lots of farms around her, what made them target those specific farms? I’d think it would need to be based on evidence or a very solid tip. I hope they tell us tomorrow in the presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay