DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she used Chrome or some other Google service on the computer it would know. Facebook would know, too. You can tell on Facebook where your profile was accessed. Google also keeps data of when you use their services/products.
That doesn't mean SHE accessed any of that though. It would tell you someone using her computer/phone/tablet accessed it, but it doesn't necessarily mean it was Mollie.

If she used Chrome or some other Google service on the computer it would know. Facebook would know, too. You can tell on Facebook where your profile was accessed. Google also keeps data of when you use their services/products.

True, but do they identify what type of device was used to access the data?

If they have the Fitbit they can get the info. If they don’t have it, they can’t get anything since it last synced.

Charge info via Google:
The battery in Fitbit Charge can last approximately 7 days, while the battery in Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Charge 2 can last approximately 5 days. Because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary.

"Methamphetamine: productivity’s best friend
Among many blue collar workers, using methamphetamine is the way to get things done.

The initial rush from ingesting meth brings increased energy and alertness, an elevated positive mood state and decreased appetite. Compared with other stimulants (e.g., cocaine) the high lasts much longer, ranging from eight to 12 hours. Users can get high in the morning, work like a fiend all day, come home, play with the kids, tune up the car and paint the house before the drug wears off.

But what goes up, must come down. And with meth, the landing is brutal. Methamphetamine use has been linked to many psychiatric difficulties, such as depression, irritability, insomnia, paranoia and aggressive behaviors."

Hard Hat High: How substance abuse endangers construction workers, hurts recruiting and threatens your bottom line (PART 1)

There is a construction business based out of the house where Mollie was dog-sitting. Maybe a subcontractor came by early that morning. We think of meth heads as crazed out weirdos. But it's used by folks you see everyday. Landscapers, plumbers, roofers etc.

True, but do they identify what type of device was used to access the data?

It can using HTTP headers. I don't know if it does.

That doesn't mean SHE accessed any of that though. It would tell you someone using her computer/phone/tablet accessed it, but it doesn't necessarily mean it was Mollie.

This is actually something that I think is possible depending on the type of data they are collecting.

University of Iowa isn't what I'd classify as a small school, by any stretch.

ETA:. So are you saying Canvas doesn't track an IP address?

No, I did not say that Canvas does not have the same data analytics as D2L. I described what is possible with a paid Learning Management System. Canvas would collect IP and time usage, as well as how many tries to get the password right, and lots of other data.

Unless she had her passwords saved or next to the computer, how would anyone know to access her course and even if they did attempt it, how would they know her password? Again, we are talking about a perp who seemingly didn’t know enough to take off her Fitbit and leave her phone behind. Doesn’t seem like a very sophisticated perp who would think to “fake” MT doing homework

As well, is it not one of the WS courtesies to not tell other posters how to post ?
JMO

Maybe we cant roll and scroll in this new format

If the seasoned posters teach the new members to tap the “watch thread” link, we all can avoid a thread filled with hundreds of posts that say only “FOLLOWING “

Hi everyone,

Tricia is looking into this situation. In the meantime, please drop any discussion of Twitter comments that may not be victim-friendly or any other social media comments that are not victim-friendly.

Thank you for your cooperation in this fast moving thread!
Hey, LT! Good to see you, I feel like I've missed you lately! (Sorry for the o/t)

"Methamphetamine: productivity’s best friend
Among many blue collar workers, using methamphetamine is the way to get things done.

The initial rush from ingesting meth brings increased energy and alertness, an elevated positive mood state and decreased appetite. Compared with other stimulants (e.g., cocaine) the high lasts much longer, ranging from eight to 12 hours. Users can get high in the morning, work like a fiend all day, come home, play with the kids, tune up the car and paint the house before the drug wears off.

But what goes up, must come down. And with meth, the landing is brutal. Methamphetamine use has been linked to many psychiatric difficulties, such as depression, irritability, insomnia, paranoia and aggressive behaviors."

Hard Hat High: How substance abuse endangers construction workers, hurts recruiting and threatens your bottom line (PART 1)

There is a construction business based out of the house where Mollie was dog-sitting. Maybe a subcontractor came by early that morning. We think of meth heads as crazed out weirdos. But it's used by folks you see everyday. Landscapers, plumbers, roofers etc.
One of the MSM articles said she was dog sitting because her boyfriend was working in construction 100 miles away. I would make an assumption that the business was his or his brother's if it's registered to that address. So I think they'd have a good idea of any subcontractors that may stop by, or be aware if one of their subs was now missing or acting strangely.

I've been a member since 2007 and I've been learning so much lately like you can "watch threads" and now how to "report" to the mods. Thank you the "watch thread" make things so much easier.

Great! Here's another tip: when you go to the "watched threads" listing to the upper left of the screen--clicking on a watched thread takes you right back to where you left off--the first one you haven't read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member