DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she left on her own to get away from things, she would have no money with her. And if she did, odds are she would be seen on video somewhere like a 7/11 or Walmart and we would be seeing those blurred video images on the news.
How much money she might have had is unknown, especially if she had a mad-money stash like every one of us should have. Riding as a passenger she wouldn’t even need to get out of a car, pull up a hoodie and nobody sees anything. In 10 hours she could be Dallas, TX before anybody even knows she’s missing.

I think she made it back to the house after the jog. How do we not know that maybe she was trying to do homework and left the dogs in the basement so as not to be bothered? OR she was lured out later that night and put them up first and never returned (less likely since she didn’t bother grabbing glasses). OR someone who knew the dogs and the routine put the dogs up after taking her. Someone could have returned to the house after whatever happened happened and put the dogs up as to make things look normal. Anyone who knew the routine could’ve done that - and I’m sure a lot of people knew the routine. OR there is more than one perpetrator and one of them put the dogs up as the other was doing whatever.

Maybe. She's not all that far from the Interstate. I assume we'd see her at the exit or even the nearby-ish truck stop trying to catch a ride, but don't overestimate how many people follow missing person cases in the news.
I've seen posts about MT on Facebook from friends and relatives in Wisconsin, Illinois, Washington, and a couple other states, and none of them was just sharing what another had posted. People definitely seem to be aware of her.

I’m trying to keep up. Has anything about her eyesight been confirmed? Forgive me if it has been. I can’t even go to the bathroom at night without my glasses or I’ll run into stuff. There’s no way I’d go outside and jog without them. I’m curious how poor her eyesight was and if she did have the habit of not always wearing her glasses.

I doubt she was wearing a spare set since she wasn’t at home.

Which leaves me to believe she had fallen asleep. Woke up for work around 7. Dressed. Didn't put contacts in yet. Door knocked? <— grabbed phone to check if her brother had texted her— maybe thinking it was him knocking earlier than usual? And is now gone.

All speculation. But the contacts and missing red shirt seem to be our biggest clues of timeline... I try to think of scenarios as to why the workshirt is missing and why she wasn’t wearing glasses, and but it still only brings me to 7am morning for those two things to coincide.

Maybe she woke up and tossed her workshirt on because it was the closest thing to her after hearing a sound at night... and grabbed her phone out of fear? And then was taken. I think I could think of other scenarios if it’s been proven she doesn’t really need her glasses for basic activities or that it’s common for her to not be wearing them.

LE appears like they know something we don’t. I’m not really a believer. and time is moving. I really hope this has a positive outcome, but I’m feeling cynical. :(

The main problem with this case is too many variables with too little information. Did she disappear on the 18th or 19th? Did something happen while she was jogging or did she make it home and something happened there or did she leave the house that morning and something happened shortly after she left? She was jogging, but may have made it home. The dogs were in the basement which would indicate she was leaving or had left the house on the 19th, but her glasses and contacts were still there so. But then the red shirt is missing which would indicate she did make it home after her run and something happened on the 19th. The house didn't appear disturbed, that we know of. So there are three possibilities-1. she was either injured or abducted while running, 2. someone came to the home and she either went willingly with them or was abducted sometime later that night or 3. she was getting ready to leave the next morning and was abducted on her way out of the house.

I don't think so. What are the variables?

Mollie was at a property on the outskirts of the city. Her brother drove her to that location. After doing some homework, she called her mom about dinner and Friday dessert and then went for a run.

It's uncertain whether she returned safely to the house-sit location after her run. Perhaps this has less to do with "is there evidence of a break-in?" and more to do with "is there evidence that she returned from her run?"

Russell Williams stalked his victims before attacking women in their homes. Following his pattern, for example, it would be July 19 that she was abducted but it would have already been in play on July 18.

Glasses and contacts at home suggests to me that she had removed her contacts, was wearing her glasses and - did she jog in her glasses? If not, then she must have jogged in her contacts, arrived home, removed the contacts, put on her glasses and ... the best weapon against someone who wears glasses is to remove them.

First comment on this case....

I agree it’s not human trafficking. Like, not at all. I live in a city with one of the largest human trafficking problems because we have the largest and busiest airport. My husband is a commercial pilot. We learn a lot from the news here about how to spot human trafficking. He is also highly trained on how to spot it on planes and in the airport. She does not fit the profile one bit. Not at all.

I know we are not allowed names or anything of that sort, but I have my theory, and it’s seeming to me it is definitely someone known to her. The whole left without contacts/glasses (my daughter does it all the time when in a hurry or lazy) sounds to me like she either left in a hurry or someone came in while she was asleep or knocked on the door after she had gotten into bed. She would be wearing the Fitbit to bed for sleep monitoring. The phone could have been grabbed by her or the perpetrator. If she were lured out, they probably knew she had it but took it from her. Who knows. But....I completely think this was done by someone she knew pretty well - maybe even a prank or someone just getting mad at her and it all goes wrong/a little too far. I’m totally not thinking a sex offender.

Side note: I didn’t have time to read through the entire thread. What does the father do? Does he make good money? Ransom worthy? I don’t think this was an abduction, though.

Another side note: has it been said that she ever wanted to move to a larger city (say San Francisco near dad) to work after college? What were her aspirations? Did she want to get out of the small town? She seemed pretty darn close to her father and seemed excited about her “new family”. Edited to add: someone might be mad about this idea of leaving Iowa.
I don't think she was surprised in her sleep. The dogs were shut in the basement, where they were kept when no one was home. It was said they would sleep with her upstairs. So I think she left the residence on her own accord, in some fashion.

Maybe. She's not all that far from the Interstate. I assume we'd see her at the exit or even the nearby-ish truck stop trying to catch a ride, but don't overestimate how many people follow missing person cases in the news.

Maybe a quiet park rather than a freeway?

In a case with so much noise and attention the key is who has been silent

LE knows the timeline they know where she was and when they do not need our help in this area

Why tell us things we don't need to know......its because they already do

How much money she might have had is unknown, especially if she had a mad-money stash like every one of us should have. Riding as a passenger she wouldn’t even need to get out of a car, pull up a hoodie and nobody sees anything. In 10 hours she could be Dallas, TX before anybody even knows she’s missing.

Im of the opinion that she met with foul play and was probably deceased before she was even reported missing, but this is certainly plausible too.

Even if she went to Walmart or something, for them to know that she was there would take the loss prevention staff watching everyone enter and recognizing her. If she's out of state I don't think it'd be all that hard to blend in.

Her leaving without wallet, contacts or glasses and no car makes it less likely but stranger things have happened.

I don't think she was surprised in her sleep. The dogs were shut in the basement, where they were kept when no one was home. It was said they would sleep with her upstairs. So I think she left the residence on her own accord, in some fashion.

If the dogs were in the basement, and typically kept there when everyone was out, wouldn't that support the point that she did not return home from her run?

When police arrived at the house-sit home, did they find the dogs in the basement? Was that typically where they were left when no one was home? As a house-sit, Mollie would not have left the dogs in the basement if she was at home.

If the dogs were still in the basement, doesn't that mean that Mollie did not arrive home from her run? It is described as an "abduction". If so, from where?

Last edited:

But is it confirmed about the dogs? Or just a rumor?

I just don’t get why she didn’t have glasses on. Especially if they were neatly sitting on her bed stand/bathroom counter to indicate she put them there.

Stated in one of these previous links - they didn’t get a warrant because the owners gave consent to search and were entirely cooperative.
I realize that. I was replying to a person who stated they were surprised a warrant wasn't obtained.

Maybe a quiet park rather than a freeway?

If she was trying to get out of town? Maybe but it seems like a quiet park would only attract locals, not someone who is driving to Colorado and is willing to give you a lift.

Also I'm not sure why she wouldn't have at least contacted police to let them know that she is OK. She's an adult and has the right to leave and move anywhere she wants.

In a case with so much noise and attention the key is who has been silent

LE knows the timeline they know where she was and when they do not need our help in this area

Why tell us things we don't need to know......its because they already do

Exactly right. They know the details. That’s why they are silent about the timeline etc. They know. They are waiting for someone to slip up and are not giving us the info so that someone has the chance to give themselves away. They are not begging for certain details because they already have those answers.

I remember reading that the pig farm was searched due to speculation on SM
I don't think we have any substantiated information from LE on exactly why the farms were searched. SM was full of speculation as to why the farms were searched but LE said little to nothing to explain what led them to the farms. Sure it could have been a tip or gossip on SM. But IMO it seems logical that LE was instead following the cell data or fitbit to the farms as it was probably around that time that the data started to flow in following the legal process that had to be followed to gather the digital data. Its also possible that camera footage along the main routes (to the extent it exists) might have led them to the farms. This is all speculation on my part but I would bet that the assumptions I'm making about timing of what information was available to LE during this period isn't far off. It also might not be a big logical leap to think that they were following an individual or truck to the farms. What I thought was interesting though was that shortly after the farms were searched that LE went radio silent and never issued any warnings to the local population about safety awareness. My guess is that MT was out of Brooklyn by this time and LE knew it and was doing their best to track her. I just pray she is still alive.

If the dogs were in the basement, and typically kept there when everyone was out, that would support point that she did not return home from her run.

Or that she went out at night, took her work shirt and told the acquittance that she was meeting that she had to be to work tomorrow morning. Thus putting the dogs in the basement for the night (if that’s true). But it’s the glasses... I can’t make sense of that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...llie-tibbetts-missing-iowa-student/index.html

More than 200 interviews have been conducted in the investigation into the disappearance of a University of Iowa student, Mollie Tibbetts, according to the special agent in charge.

Tibbetts, 20, disappeared nearly two weeks ago near Brooklyn, a small community an hour east of Des Moines, according to the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office.

The hundreds of interviews are related to tips investigators have received, said Richard Rahn, the special agent in charge with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation for the Major Crime Unit. The sheriff's office is scheduled Tuesday to give an update on the investigation.

Not much solid news today sadly. The interview of the father is worth a look and was frankly heartbreaking. LE did make the announcement of press conference tomorrow at 1:30 which could be helpful or not. Speculation is that press conference will be very focused on the missing person stats for the State of Iowa. If you want to look at the report that will no doubt be discussed in excruciating detail then go to the press release and its attached as a pdf file. Gossip and speculation unfortunately continue on other sites unabated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnid